Here’s the thing about me…I’ll do anything to make a summer dessert “red, white and blue” :).
I love this dessert for so many reasons…
1. It’s a cobbler…pies and cobblers are my absolute favorite (even more than cakes and bars!).
2. You can mix and match this a million different ways. I’ve already made this recipe several different ways…
3. It’s Red, White and Blue…so there you have it…a great little Memorial Day through Independence Day dessert.
4. It’s the only way I get my kids to eat blueberries :).
5. It’s ridiculously easy to make.
Red, White and Blueberry. Enjoy!
This recipe serves 6 to 8 adults.
1 (10 oz) package of frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1 (10 oz) package of frozen mixed berries (do not thaw)
1 white cake mix
1/2 a cup of butter, melted
Ice cream, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease (I used Pam) a 9×13 baking dish.
Spread both bags of your frozen berries across the bottom of your baking dish. Next, sprinkle over the box of dry cake mix. Finally, drizzle the melted butter over everything.
Bake uncovered 55-60 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve immediately (with a little ice cream if you so desire).
Sometimes, I prepare this in advance before dinner and stick it in the fridge until I’m ready to bake it. This little cobbler (or some call it a “dump cake”) is always a hit at our house!