2. Invite families to dinner: We had one family over for dinner and then one family over for lunch. Summertime meals with friends are some of my favorite moments of the year!
3. Begin Christmas shopping: I have three words for you…Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I hit it hard and got several gifts for people in my life! Come December, I’m going to be super excited that I have these things tucked away!
4. Pray for others: I’ve been blogging now for 8 years and I don’t think any post has been as meaningful to me as the one when I asked for prayer requests. Oh how I’ve prayed. I’ve prayed and cried this month over prayers more than any other time in my life. Not only have I prayed, but I know so many of you have too. I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am for this community of ladies. You are so faithful, so sweet, so caring and so sincere. I’m going to continue praying for these requests indefinitely. You all have a special place in my heart.
5. Walk 5 miles a week (extra): Yeah, well this didn’t happen. I walked every week but not five miles. I was going to prayer walk (you know…pray as I walk), but it didn’t happen as often as I would have liked. Instead, I prayed the most early in the morning while my kiddos were still asleep.
6. Back to school shop: Yes! I started with shoes for my kids and then got them backpacks too. I still need to get them a few new things to wear but shoes and backpacks were my first priority! (I got them Pottery Barn Kids small backpacks…Kensington loved hers last year!)
That wraps up July. If you want to add your prayer request to my post, you can see it here.
…and I have your meal planning already done for you! Five simple suppers for you this week! Click here to see.