Hey there Tuesday! It’s time for Show & Tell!
Twice a month, we all link up with Andrea and show & tell ya something. If you missed it in 2015, here they are all…
(I was in China for the first two, so I wasn’t able to participate.)
And our first Show & Tell of 2016 was earlier this month…it was Introductions and Resolutions. You can see that post here.
Now today is one of my favorites to do each year because I love, love, love reading everyone’s confessions. They are hysterical! Last year when we did this, my momfessionals (confessions from a mom) were this…
1. I do not enjoy giving my kids a bath.
2. I strategically wait and do my laundry during bath time so that Andrew will bathe the kids…while I watch TV and fold laundry. He’s now figured this out…
3. Five second rule, five minute rule…just eat whatever you dropped and stop goofing around at mealtime.
4. I love the carpool line.
5. I will do anything and everything to keep my kids awake in the car. If they nap for even a minute in the car, it screws them up for the rest of the day!
6. I’m not above hiding from my kids to avoid hearing them tattle.
7. Homework with my kids…is not my favorite.
8. When my kids were younger, we would get in the car early and sit on the driveway so I could get stuff done while they were strapped in their car seats. I pretty much made my car my home office ;).
9. I hate Chutes and Ladders.
10. I’m awful at remembering to wash my kids’ sheets.
11. If you need a Band-Aid, don’t come to my house.
12. I’m so not a crafting mom. My poor kids. They’re lucky if we have Scotch Tape around.
13. I love long lines at the grocery store. When else do I have five minutes to flip through a magazine and read about the Kardashians?
To read the entire post and expanded explanations about all of these click here.
Now, let’s face it…my entire life is probably one big momfessional. I’m not limiting myself to following that I thought of this morning when writing this post. I love my kids, I do my very best every single day…but when we all boil it down, I’m basically one big mess in charge of three crazy kids…and we’re just surviving on prayer and coffee.
1. Ashby often wears Kensington’s underwear. I get both girls dressed and do their hair in Kensington’s bathroom (which isn’t near Ashby’s room)…and often, I forget to bring Ashby’s undies (because she sleeps in a Pull Up, so she needs undies in the morning)…and because I’m
lazy in a hurry, I often steal a pair out of K’s drawer for her to wear. One of these days, I’m going to need to stop doing this…
2. I don’t like glitter. Like really don’t like it. One of my biggest pet-peeves is receiving a card in the mail with glitter on it…because the glitter just goes everywhere. It’s on the counter, on my hands, on the kids’ hands…I dislike glitter and if my kids receive a card in the mail with glitter on it…it might accidentally fall in the trashcan.
3. I don’t make Ashby eat breakfast. Ashby is not a breakfast person AT ALL. She would prefer to skip it every single day…and so after about a year of making her eat it, I finally threw in the towel. I always give it to her and give her about 30 minutes to eat it…if she eats it, she eats it…if she doesn’t, she doesn’t. You can lead a kid to breakfast…but you can’t make them eat it (well, you can but that just wasn’t fun for either of us…).
4. My kids can’t tie their shoes. Listen, I know that they should be able to since they’re 6 and 7…but they can’t.
5. As long as I’m living, I’ll hate this book. You know that book As Long As I’m Living, My Baby You’ll Be? Yeah…we have three copies (because when I was pregnant, everyone gave it to us) and I seriously DO NOT LIKE IT. I know, I know…I’m a horrible person…but that book is weird. At the end, the grown man takes a ladder and breaks into his mom’s house to rock her like a baby? Why am I the only one that finds this odd???
6. I forget to do Smith’s laundry. Smith is so neat and tidy that I never find his clothes laying the house…they’re always tucked away in his hamper in his closet…and because of this, I always forget to wash his clothes. I remember that I need to wash them when it’s 7:00 AM and the only jeans I can find for him to wear to school are a size 4T. During baseball season, when he has multiple games a week, I have to keep two post it notes out reminding me to wash his clothes. Bless his heart. I always forget.
7. Don’t talk to me while I’m backing out of the garage. Okay, so because of how my driveway sits, I have to back out of the garage and not turn around and drive out…and because our driveway curves, I can’t back straight out (or else I’ll run right into the house). So basically, I have to back out and turn at the same time in my big ole Texas SUV…and every single morning, I’m positive that I’m going to hit the house. So, my kids know they can’t talk to me while I’m backing out. They can talk…just not to me. I seriously have anxiety every single time I back out. And if Andrew is out there for some reason watching me? I feel like I’m going to puke. (He could parallel park an 18-wheeler in NYC without breaking a sweat.)
So, these are a few of the momfessionals I thought of this morning. I’m sure when my kids are older, they’ll have hundreds more to add to this list ;).
Next time on Show & Tell Tuesday we share our to win our heart. And to see upcoming topics, look below…
Today on my foodie blog…
Speaking of winning people’s hearts…this recipe right here will.
Have a great day friends!