Today’s post is all about Smith.
I do so many posts on the little two girls because of adoption and health stuff, so from time to time, I like to post about just the bigs. Last month, I posted all about Kensington and today, it’s all about my boy.
This year, Smith is in second grade, and he just turned 8 in January.
Smith is the kid that I just don’t have to worry about.
My sweet girls all give me something to worry about from time to time…but not this kid. He’s just always fine. He is always so happy, cheerful, focused, funny, reliable, dependable, and easy going. He bounces from school to sports to violin to friends to homework all without a fuss. He is just easy.
Smith is everyone’s favorite at our house. All three girls want to play with him, they want to go outside with him, they want to sit with him on the couch…he’s Mr. Popular at the Shull house. He’s also the mediator. When the girls are bickering over toys, what they’re playing, etc…Smith can typically swoop in and sort it all out.
Smith really likes a challenge. Last year, he wanted to start learning how to play the violin and this year, he wanted to learn how to snowboard. He just really likes to get in there and learn something new.
Random/funny things about Smith:
1. I still carry him to breakfast every morning. Which is ridiculous, I know, but he always asks me and I know there will come a day when he stops, so I’m going to keep doing it until he does.
2. He’s funny. This kid has a very mature wit that always catches me off guard. He makes me laugh all the time!
3. Right now, he’s reading Where the Red Fern Grows. He loves it! He hasn’t gotten to the end yet 😉 .
4. Smith’s favorite meal is anything with shrimp and/or pasta. He likes poultry too and steak, but ground beef is not his favorite (and since the other five of us love ground beef, he eats it a lot for dinner). The other night, he asked me what was for dinner and I described it to him (a ground beef dish) and he said, “Yum, that sounds so good. What am I having?”. Ha! See? He’s funny 🙂 .
5. Smith is such a good big brother! Both of the little girls are obsessed with him…and he loves it.
Clearly this kid isn’t perfect (because, who is?!), but he’s perfect for us. When Smith walks into a room, it makes things better, easier. Oh sure, he also shoots me with Nerf darts, puts rubber snakes under the kitchen sink, I found his toothbrush laying on the rug the other day (how the heck did it go from his bathroom to the downstairs rug???), he threw Poppy’s stuffed animal up to the ceiling beam the other day where it sat for about a week and he notoriously gets all the way to school in the back of the car only to realize once it’s time to jump out that he’s not wearing shoes (YES!), but this kid is a rockstar at our house.
We have one boy…and he sure is a special one 🙂 .