Girlfriend Chat with Meagan!

I am really excited for today’s Girlfriend Chat!

Today, I’m letting you listen in while I chat with my sweet friend Meagan…

…I love Meagan.

Like love, love, love her.

On Halloween this year, she was a Sanderson sister with Erika and myself…

…we nailed it 😉 .

Meagan has this HUGE personality and always makes everything FUN!

Today though, we’re going to chat about her road to adoption first, with foster care and then through domestic adoption.

If you’ll recall, two years ago, you guys asked Meagan questions about her experience fostering two little girls.  You can read that post HERE.

She loved those girls hard, y’all.

Unfortunately, the foster to adopt system didn’t work out that time for Meagan and her family (they have three bio kids as well), but God wasn’t finished with their story just yet.  At the beginning of April this year, Meagan and her family domestically adopted this little girl…

…sweet baby Violet.

And we all love her so much.

Today, Meagan and I are chatting about all of this (and some other stuff too!).  If you want to listen, click HERE.

Also, Meagan and I both run the Mix and Match Adoption Group.  If you would like to join, please click HERE.  We would love to have you!  Adoption changes everything, friends.  Everything.

Love you, Meagan!  Thank you!!!

Missed one of my other girlfriend chats?

Hear me chat with my sister-in-law Catherine HERE , my dad HERE and Erika HERE.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 16, 2018 at 4:39 am

Your Halloween costumes are AMAZING, omg! That is dedication! 😀

• Reply LeeAnn May 16, 2018 at 4:47 am

These have quickly become my favorite posts! So fun to listen in vs reading posts!

• Reply Erika Slaughter May 16, 2018 at 4:48 am

Eeekkk!!!!! I can’t wait to listen!! I have no doubts Meagan will bring the fun on this Wednesday!!

• Reply Kate May 16, 2018 at 5:27 am

This has been my favorite girlfriend chat! As a foster mama who is at the end stages of adoption with a little guy, it’s so true to hear the raw part of foster care that not a lot of people realize. While God is in control, it’s super hard to not live in constant fear of something going wrong. We are also thinking about pursuing private adoption for our second kiddo, and loved hearing her uplifting story!

• Reply Andrea May 16, 2018 at 5:38 am

Ah thanks for having me in tears this morning at work while listening to Megan’s testimony! Such a sweet story of Gods plan!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner May 16, 2018 at 5:41 am

Love these girlfriend chats!!!

• Reply Narci Dreffs May 16, 2018 at 5:56 am

Yeah!!! I can’t wait to listen to this!!! Meagan’s story is so special! Love her! ❤️❤️❤️

• Reply Laura May 16, 2018 at 6:26 am

Can we get a list of some must see shows that Megan recommends?! I need ideas & sounds like it’s one of her gifts 😉

• Reply Dana May 16, 2018 at 6:36 am

I love how you promote adoption and fostering, Shay. It’s so important and I’m guessing there will be lots of kiddos out there with a that will now have a family from you talking about it on your blog! Last week there was a really good series on the Revive Our Hearts podcast (my favorite!) about fostering and adoption. If anyone wants to hear more about the domestic fostering aspect of it, it was a great resource.

• Reply Sheaffer Sims May 16, 2018 at 6:57 am

I LOVE MEAGAN! And listen, I remember the first time I met Meagan. I thought she might be too prim and proper for our group, but boy was I wrong! This girl is sweet AND SPICY! Love you, Meagan!!!!!!

• Reply Meagan Ruse May 16, 2018 at 10:04 am

Hahaha!!!! Love you, Sheaffer!!

• Reply Erin Port May 16, 2018 at 7:32 am

Love the adoption group, makes me cry every time!!! I can’t wait to hear her story 🙂 Thanks for sharing her story with us!!! xoxo ERIN

• Reply Morgan Godbold May 16, 2018 at 8:21 am

I loved hearing Megan’s testimony! Also it’s funny that you’re Monica, Erika is Rachel and Megan is Phoebe from Friends!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 16, 2018 at 12:02 pm

That is funny! I never thought about that!!

• Reply Kathy Lang May 16, 2018 at 9:18 am

Loved listening to your call with Meagan! She seems like a wonderful person and friend. 🙂 As someone who has adopted domestically, I appreciate hearing how beautiful their relationship is with the birthmother, and what a wonderful experience it was for their family. Our adoption of Kara Anne Lang in 2007 was the best thing to ever happen for our family. She was definitely the light of our lives for 2 1/2 years. We tragically lost our precious Kara in December 2009. and it was classified as SUDC because SIDS is only from birth to 12 months of age. So many people have never heard of SUDC, so I have felt led to share it ever since then. We miss Kara every day, but thank you Jesus, because we know there will be an awesome reunion with her some day.

• Reply Meagan Ruse May 16, 2018 at 12:59 pm

I am so deeply sorry for your loss, Kathy.

• Reply Liz THORSON May 16, 2018 at 8:02 pm

Kathy, my heart breaks for you and your family. May the sweet memories you made as a family when Kara was with you sparkle forever. ❤️💕❤️

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick May 16, 2018 at 9:18 am

Oh I love Meagan for so many reasons!!! She has such a kind, genuine, loving heart but she also brings the spice, like Sheaffer said!!! I still remember the first time she made my jaw drop at the First Day of School breakfast a couple of years ago. 😉 Can’t wait to listen to this today!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Bailey May 16, 2018 at 9:56 am

Favorite chat so far! Not that the others weren’t special in their own way, but I’ve wanted to hear more of Meagan’s story since her post on here 2 years ago. In her spare time, she should blog. 😜

• Reply Meagan Ruse May 16, 2018 at 12:58 pm

You ar so sweet! I am so glad you enjoyed it! I really do have a lot to say on the subject of fostering and adoption, as you can tell, but I think I’ll leave the blogging up to my friends 🙂 haha!

• Reply Meagan Ruse May 16, 2018 at 10:06 am

I had so much fun on this chat 🙂 So thankful for your friendship! Love you so much!

• Reply Lauren Barnett May 16, 2018 at 11:01 am

I don’t even know her, but I love her! Meagan’s story made me cry (at my desk at work) sad and happy tears! Such a sweet story of how the Lord knows the plan for our lives far better than we do!

• Reply Meagan Ruse May 16, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Awww! He sure does!!!!

• Reply Stacy Tsoukatos May 16, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Gosh I love this. Does Meagan run a blog so we can follow her family as well?????? This has been such an eye opening conversation. Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 17, 2018 at 5:23 am

She doesn’t…but she should. 🙂

• Reply Liz THORSON May 16, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Shay and Meagan, I love the compassion, care, love and laughter you share in your friendship. As a mama of two now grown men we adopted domestically as newborns, my besties held my hand and heart through infertility treatments, home studies, agency and lawyer interviews and paperwork, and of course through raising children! Here’s to the sisterhood we mamas and want-to-be mamas share!❤️💕❤️

• Reply Allison May 17, 2018 at 7:50 am

I enjoyed this girl chat. I didn’t catch her favorite book. I heard One True Loves, but not the other. Could you share. Thanks!-Allison

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 17, 2018 at 8:08 am

Girl, wash your face!

• Reply Karen May 19, 2018 at 10:39 pm

Loved this and I thought I even her a tiny sound from the baby once or twice! ❤️