Girlfriend Chat with Catherine!

Today, I’m starting a new blog series called Girlfriend Chat.

Every month or so, I’m going to tape a phone call between me and a girlfriend, so that you guys can get to know us by more than just the pics you see.  I really wanted to put a voice behind myself and my friendships.  When I thought about starting this, my very favorite girlfriend came to mind…my sweet sister-in-law Catherine Lowe

Ah!  I just love this girl so much!!

Catherine and my brother have been married for four years now and are expecting their second baby.  If you missed my recap of this…

…their fabulous live TV wedding, you can see it HERE.  It has this picture right here in the post that I just love so much…

…oh my heart!!!!  She was so small and so BRAVE to walk that long aisle by herself.  On live TV.

Catherine is sweet, she is fun, she is a good sport, she is witty, she is so very smart, she is easy going, adventurous and a million other wonderful things…

…so, I hope you enjoy our girlfriend chat together 🙂 .

Click the link below to listen…

If you’re keeping up with our verse of the week, this week’s verse is…

Annnnnnd…do you want to know who won this…

…well, head over to my post on Friday to see the winners announced!

Happy Monday, friends!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog February 12, 2018 at 4:39 am

A girlfriend chat sounds great to listen to. Can’t wait to learn more about you and Catherine. 🙂

• Reply JOHANNA February 12, 2018 at 4:56 am

I love this, thank you so much for sharing! Now I’m still keeping my hopes up for your Youtube-channel and vlog-career on my wishlist 😉

• Reply Gentry Adams February 12, 2018 at 5:08 am

This is so fun! Love getting to know the two of you better!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner February 12, 2018 at 5:28 am

Love this new series! Can’t wait to hear more conversations! Great idea!

• Reply Samantha Barnett February 12, 2018 at 5:28 am

That was so fun to listen to! I still think you sound so similar to my friend that was a radio personality.

• Reply Sara G. February 12, 2018 at 6:02 am

This was such a fun way to start my monday morning! Y’all are both so sweet!

• Reply Narci Dreffs February 12, 2018 at 6:08 am

How fun is this?? What fun to listen to you two girls chat! I love this new series!

• Reply Alissa February 12, 2018 at 6:52 am

You should do it as a podcast! What a great idea

• Reply Rachel February 12, 2018 at 8:13 am

I agree! That would be an awesome idea!

• Reply Bri February 12, 2018 at 7:23 am

I love love LOVE this idea! So fun! Thanks for sharing 😊

• Reply jamie February 12, 2018 at 7:30 am

what a FABULOUS new series idea! and OH MY look how tiny kensington is in that photo. my eyes filled with tears at how great that moment was for you all. the whole world just loves sean+catherine {and i adore their love for jesus}. i also just remembered that the day of their wedding {we were so excited to watch} OUR ELECTRICITY WENT OUT right before it was to begin! it was so disappointing! where we live, we rarely lose electricity but we did that day for some reason. i should go find the wedding and watch it because it was before i followed your blog and i want to see tiny kensington and smith! enjoy your monday.

• Reply Natalie February 12, 2018 at 7:39 am

Shay, I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Great idea. I love your blogs Shay. Always love to read. Love Catherine. I think girl too by the way. She looks smaller and different . I told her the other .
    Have a great Day…

• Reply Whitney February 12, 2018 at 7:40 am

Love love love! Great series idea and so fun to listen too. 😊😊

• Reply Amanda Wilson February 12, 2018 at 7:42 am

I loved listening to that thanks!! How far away do Catherine and Sean live from you guys?? I love that they come support your kids at their sports. It’s actulally one thing I am super jealous about!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 12, 2018 at 7:56 am

About 20 minutes 🙂 .

• Reply Kaycee February 12, 2018 at 7:46 am

I had to laugh at the jello salad thing… I didn’t know it was a thing until my mother in law made it. I thought it was dessert… until everyone dished it out for the salad portion of the meal. Maybe it’s because I’m Filipino and we don’t do that?? Haha!

• Reply Nikki February 12, 2018 at 7:51 am

This was so fun! I’m excited for these posts! Love you guys close knit family!

• Reply Jenny February 12, 2018 at 8:10 am

Love, love, love this! So excited to hear more!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick February 12, 2018 at 8:10 am

What a fun idea!! My mom and grandmother have always been big jello salad lovers too. haha. Definitely a southern thing! That Inspired Chick

• Reply Jennifer P February 12, 2018 at 8:12 am

Loved this!! I had to laugh listening to you both talk about movies with nudity or scenes. It’s a great movie and I like my husband if he turns away but it’s an awful movie and I’m angry at him if he keeps watching HAHA!!! And YESSS in watching movies on the airplane and being so paranoid about what other people think. Loved this conversation!

• Reply Rachel February 12, 2018 at 8:12 am

What a fun convo and great series!! That’s awesome that y’all are so close 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams February 12, 2018 at 8:16 am

Kensington looks so angelic in that picture! What a great new series, I always love a good phone chat with my girlfriends!
    xo

• Reply Amy Grace Duncan February 12, 2018 at 8:55 am

I loved this! What a fun new idea.

• Reply Alexis deZayas February 12, 2018 at 9:01 am

Love this idea!! Can’t wait to follow along with this new series!

• Reply Jennifer February 12, 2018 at 9:08 am

You should totally start a podcast!

• Reply Sascha February 12, 2018 at 9:20 am

That was so fun! It was a sweet peak. I’d love to hear a call with your Mama!

• Reply Lynne February 12, 2018 at 9:20 am

Hope it’s not just girlfriends….I’d love to hear you and your DAD!❤

• Reply Ashley February 12, 2018 at 9:28 am

I absolutely loved this! You and Catherine sounded so fun and it made me want to sit down with y’all over pizza and drinks! If you decide Game of Thrones isn’t your thing, you should check out Outlander. It’s so good! For what it’s worth, I felt the same way Catherine did about Game of Thrones. The story is so good and those gratuitous sex scenes don’t appear as much after the first season. It’s definitely worth checking out.

• Reply Tish Ferry February 12, 2018 at 9:28 am

What a fun new series! Girlfriends are THE BEST! Especially when it is your sister-in-love too!
    Simply Tish

• Reply Angela Ellingson February 12, 2018 at 9:54 am

This is my dream come true! 😉 Haha! Seriously though, I’ve wished you had a podcast to tell me about all the things. Great chat with Catherine! Love you both!

• Reply Kelly February 12, 2018 at 10:47 am

I can’t wait to listen – I had to pause it , because my daughter texted me that she and Sean were speaking live at her college convocation , and I wanted to watch them. Absolutely adored them, and am so thankful that they shared so genuinely with thousands of colllege students. Wow. What a blessing for me personally, to know my 19 year old was hearing such wisdom and truth from a young couple who are also sweet and funny. Thankful they use their platform to share God’s Truth and leadership in their lives !

• Reply Ale February 12, 2018 at 11:03 am

Hi Shay!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely loved your “talk with a girlfriend”!!!!!!!!!!! It was so much fun and you have a great voice!
    So what about you create a weekly podcast???? Pretty please??????????? You could talk about life in general or interview someone each time…
    The talk with Catherine felt like a podcast!
    Please, consider my suggestion!!!

• Reply Jenna Amann February 12, 2018 at 11:56 am

What fun!!

• Reply Chelsea February 12, 2018 at 11:59 am

I loved this chat! So fun to see a glimpse into yalls relationship that’s not just pictures on a post! Please say you’re starting a podcast!

• Reply Liz THORSON February 12, 2018 at 12:26 pm

Shay, that was such fun! I adore Catherine from her time on The Bachelor and through following she and Sean on FB and through your blog! You both are so sincere and funny and loving and talk and converse just how I have imagined you would! Love the last picture with you two, Kensington and Samuel! Adorable!❤️

• Reply Allie February 12, 2018 at 12:30 pm

What a perfect first girlfriend chat!! I found your lovely blog through Sean and Catherine and adore your entire family!

• Reply Erika Slaughter February 12, 2018 at 12:44 pm

I LOVED this chat! Is it weird I was laughing out loud a few times??!

• Reply Lindsay D. February 12, 2018 at 12:50 pm

The call was so fun! 🙂

• Reply Abby February 12, 2018 at 12:58 pm

That was so fun! I want you to podcast now 🙂

• Reply Cathy February 12, 2018 at 12:59 pm

My son got to see your brother and sister-in-law at Liberty University today. He really enjoyed their talk.

• Reply Hanna February 12, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Love this so so much!!! You should start a podcast!!!

• Reply Ashley February 12, 2018 at 1:23 pm

So fun!! Would love to hear one with you and Erika!

• Reply Liz February 12, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Love this new series! If you had a podcast, I’d definitely listen! I thought it was interesting when you two were talking about your work ethic/personalities. I think you’d find the Enneagram personality typing really interesting! There are a lot of books and podcasts out there, two that are Christian based are https://www.yourenneagramcoach.com and http://iancron.com It’s facinating!

• Reply Heather Newman February 12, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Oh my gosh…this was fun!!!

• Reply Amanda February 12, 2018 at 3:52 pm

OK, I loved the phone call…..was wary at first, like I was eavesdropping, but totally LOVED listening to you y’all! Just like my friends and me!

• Reply Catrina February 12, 2018 at 3:59 pm

That was great!!! So much fun!!!

• Reply Paula Romer February 12, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Shay… This was sooo fun! Yes, please consider starting a podcast. You could do bi-weekly! Once a month is too infrequent! I second that request to interview your Dad, Mom, brother… Girlfriends and maybe your cousin, too. Great fun hearing your voice. Thanks for all the recent honest, authentic, health-related posts you’ve been blogging about. I know your content resonates with many of us gals.

• Reply Paula February 12, 2018 at 4:51 pm

I loved listening to you & Catherine. So sweet. I am like Catherine, if someone wants to plan, I am game! 😊
    I bought Games of Thrones season 1 & 2 because they were $10 Black Friday. I have yet watched them because I was warned afterwards of all the nudity. Keep us posted.

• Reply Sarah February 12, 2018 at 5:31 pm

I feel like this is the beginning of a beautiful podcast! Your a natural!

• Reply Jessica February 12, 2018 at 6:23 pm

SO fun! I loved this! Can’t wait for more of this series!

• Reply Lauren February 12, 2018 at 6:32 pm

Best idea EVER! I love this new series!!!!

• Reply Kylie February 12, 2018 at 7:28 pm

You should definitely do a podcast!

• Reply Heather February 12, 2018 at 8:04 pm

I absolutely loved listening to your chat! Catherine is the type of friend that you want as your bestie. Iove that she is so real and goofy and genuine. I love how she described her love for your family. The dynamic that you have with your brother and Catherine is truly something special and rare. Very awesome!

• Reply Brooke Henderson February 13, 2018 at 5:23 am

Loved this. It reminded me of the Jamie Ivey Podcast and it made you guys so real and relatable. Thanks for such an awesome blog, I check it everyday.

• Reply Emily Mamaclay February 13, 2018 at 6:26 am

I’m so happy you started with Catherine! I’ve always been her fan since the Bachelor! Plus the fact I’m Filipino too! You are truly blessed. My sister in law is wonderful too. Love reading your blog, Shay. It’s my favorite one. Have a great day!

• Reply Morgan Godbold February 13, 2018 at 9:41 am

Love this new series! Y’all are too funny! I agree with Catherine and Andrew and believe you need to give Game of Thrones a try! It is raunchier in the first season, but once you get through it you’ll have an idea of what the show is about. I’m normally not a fantasy movie person (I’ve never seen Lord of the Rings) but Game of Thrones is my all time favorite show! The characters, history and the way it’s all tied together makes it a great story! It’s beautifully made as well! The special effects are unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

Helpful tip: They have accents and there’s lots of people, place and other details you have to absorb and process. I watch this with subtitles to avoid confusion and to follow along better!

• Reply April February 13, 2018 at 11:53 am

Love this chat! You need a podcast!

• Reply Sarah February 13, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Loved it!!! Listened to it while folding laundry! 🙂

• Reply Prudence February 15, 2018 at 8:33 pm

I love this! You have been blessed with such a wonderful family and group of friends. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Reply Gabrielle Storey February 18, 2018 at 11:38 am

Omg that was so cute!! Catherine has the silliest and sweetest voice ever…. You two are so lucky to have each other!