Summer Slow Cooker Recipes!

Summer Slow Cooker Recipes

Okay, I am re-posting my SUMMER SLOW COOKER RECIPES from last year because friends, THE SLOW COOKER SHOULD BE YOUR FRIEND RIGHT NOW!  I used to think that the slow cooker was reserved for fall and winter only…BUT I WAS WRONG!!  During the hot summer months, when I don’t want to stand over my stove and oven, the slow cooker saves the day.  When we’re out by the pool all day and just want to come inside to dinner already prepared, the slow cooker saves the day.  When it’s a million degrees out but I don’t want to heat up the kitchen, the slow cooker saves the day.  The slow cooker was made for every day friends.  Every. Single. Day.

Throw your ingredients in, head out, come home, eat supper.  That’s it!  Who wants to be in the kitchen when there is fun summer stuff to be had?!  NOT ME!

Crock Pot Enchilada Tacos

CROCK POT ENCHILADA TACOS   And if you prefer chicken…

CROCK POT CHICKEN TACOS

BBQ Chicken & Rice Bowls

BBQ CHICKEN & RICE BOWLS

Teriyaki Chicken

TERIYAKI CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER

BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwiches

BBQ RANCH CHICKEN SANDWICHES

Just a few little slow cooker recipes to get you from mid-July to fall (when our slow cookers work overtime!).  Pull it out, plug it in, and get dinner started before your day begins!

And to see all of my slow cooker recipes (I have so many!) click HERE.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 13, 2018 at 4:36 am

I love how convenient slow cooker recipes are! Perfect for a busy day indeed. 🙂 Teriyaki chicken is always a good classic!

• Reply Narci Dreffs July 13, 2018 at 6:22 am

Love slow cooker recipes for the summer! These are all so good!

• Reply Clare B July 13, 2018 at 8:02 am

The citrus chicken tostadas are my fave! So easy and yummy!!

• Reply Lara M July 13, 2018 at 8:29 am

The enchilada tacos look great! Do you think you could just brown the ground beef then simmer the beans and enchilada sauce on the stove for a bit, instead of the slow cooker? I know the whole point of the slow cooker is to save you time and energy but just wondering if the stove preparation is an alternative, and if anything should be modified to do so. Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Yes!! You totally could!!

• Reply Angela Ellingson July 13, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Great reminder! I need to use mine more this time of year! Hey, have you ever made bone broth before from the bones from getting a quarter cow or leftover chicken bones from a meal? If so, I’d love to read how you do it!

• Reply Liza July 13, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I love your recipes!!! Would you consider doing some Instant Pot recipes?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2018 at 2:11 pm

I’m so torn about this! I’ve thought about buying one (and I keep pinning lots of yummy recipes!), but I’m not sure if I would use it or not. Maybe I should just go for it???

• Reply Leticia July 13, 2018 at 12:38 pm

I never really put my slow cooker away! It keeps the kitchen cool in the summer, it saves us when school starts in the fall, winter soups are my favorite, and spring is so busy with recitals and sports and end of year activities!! I’ve had my current one for 3 years, I think it’s time to get retire it and get a new one 🙂

• Reply Vivian G July 13, 2018 at 4:32 pm

I took some bbq quesadillas to my husbands job and they were a big hit. He even had some guys ask him for the recipe 😂 Thanks Shay for making this momma’s life so much easier with slow cooker recipes.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2018 at 6:34 am

Ah!!!! Thank you, Vivian!!!

• Reply Lydia July 13, 2018 at 5:11 pm

Get an instant pot!!! You will wonder why you even use the slow cooker anymore!!