Yankees in New York

Last week, the Yankee fans in our family hit the sky and headed to New York City for a game and Broadway show.  As much as I dislike those darn Yankees, I love, love, love that my middles got to spend some extra time with their Dad.

Poor things!  They left our house at 3:45 AM for the airport only to arrive, board their flight, and then have mechanical issues which made them have to de-plane and have to wait until a new aircraft was available.  I mean…seriously, I hate when that happens!

Andrew said they napped a bit…

…or a lot…and then finally, they got a new plane and were able to get to New York JUST in time to check in to their hotel, change and go straight to the stadium…

…I mean, how cute are they?!  Ashby Shull looks ADORABLE even though she’s wearing pinstripes.

Yankee Stadium!

From what I hear…they ate their weight in food during the game 🙂 .

Ashby couldn’t wait to tell me that they won their game!  I was so thankful they made it there (finally) and had the best time!

The next day, they set aside just to have fun in the city…

First stop, Central Park!  These two love playing at the play ground right there.

After that, they wanted to go down south to see the Statue of Liberty.  Andrew said that since they’d been so many times before, he let them just dictate the day, so downtown they went…

…I love my two middles! (Side note, Ashby’s shirt is on backwards.  Ha!)

After that, they wanted lunch at…

…Serendipity’s!

Where Smith had a very small hot dog…

…and one of their famous sundaes 🙂 .

A girl after her mama’s own heart.

Because apparently Andrew didn’t think they had enough sugar, he let them stop by Dylan’s…

…to grab a bag of candy to take to their matinee performance of…

…Frozen on Broadway!  Oh friends, Ashby was SO EXCITED about this!!!

These three came home from NYC and gave Frozen three thumbs up!  They have now hit the Disney circuit on Broadway.  Over the years, they’ve seen The Lion King, Aladdin (twice), Anastasia and now, Frozen.

From there, they walked back up town for dinner.  This picture is my fave 🙂 .

As you can see…these two clearly had a great trip!  We sure missed them while they were gone, but I’m so happy they got to do this with Andrew!

If you missed this back in April…

…you can read about the rest of us (cough, cough, those with the best record in baseball right now) going to Boston for a few days to see the Sox play (who, cough, cough, just swept the Yankees in last week’s series).  #getyourownblogandrew xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 7, 2018 at 4:40 am

This is such a cute blog post! I love that the kids got to spend time with their Dad as well. What a fun little getaway. 🙂

• Reply Lilly August 7, 2018 at 5:13 am

Your kids are adorable!

• Reply Narci Dreffs August 7, 2018 at 5:33 am

Looks like a fun trip!!! I love the pics of those 3 in their matching jerseys! Adorable!

• Reply Nicki August 7, 2018 at 6:03 am

Love seeing more photos of Andrew with the kids. I know this is your blog, but the kids will love looking back one day and have more images of them with their dad as well. x

• Reply Janine August 7, 2018 at 6:07 am

Loved this!
    When will your Travel Agency website be online?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 8, 2018 at 8:19 am

Hopefully, early this fall!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner August 7, 2018 at 6:21 am

So sweet they got 1:1 time with their dad!

• Reply Johannah August 7, 2018 at 6:30 am

Ohh those darn Yankee fans! haha =) So glad they had a blast with Andrew! I also think it’s great that you guys are a split baseball family. But go Sox!!

• Reply Cherry August 7, 2018 at 6:33 am

Ashby’s toothless grin is priceless! And adorable!

• Reply Jill August 7, 2018 at 6:38 am

So fun, looks like they had a great time. Also, loving the hashtags!!!

• Reply jamiepottle August 7, 2018 at 6:39 am

Do you ever worry about “keeping it real” for your kids? You are obviously great parents who work hard and have the means to provide a lifystyle for your family that includes incredible vacations, lots of stuff, great clothes, beautiful home, etc. Do you have certain traditions, events, conversations, etc so that your children realize how fortunate they are? I know this is something that some celebrities struggle with…

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 8, 2018 at 8:19 am

We try hard to “keep it real” with our kids. I’m sure we fail at it from time to time, but it’s something we make a conscious effort to work at.

• Reply Crystal D August 7, 2018 at 6:52 am

Such fun memories! I’m curious how Andrew handles hair styles and bathroom situations while traveling with just one (young) girl. My husband takes ours on day trips, but I know it can be strange to deal with bathroom trips if no family restrooms are in sight. It somehow seems less strange for moms to take little boys to the bathroom than vice versa.

• Reply Alexis deZayas August 7, 2018 at 6:55 am

I love the sweet memories your family makes with these trips! Your kiddos will remember them forever!

• Reply Kaylee D August 7, 2018 at 7:13 am

I went to two of the Red Sox vs. Yankess game this weekend in Boston, and we played so good!!! GO SOX!

• Reply Beth Valenta August 7, 2018 at 7:18 am

What great pics! New York is always a blast. But just got home from Fenway …and it has my heart!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims August 7, 2018 at 7:21 am

What a special weekend!!!

• Reply Amanda Peterson August 7, 2018 at 7:38 am

Your hashtag!!!!

• Reply Beth Knecht August 7, 2018 at 7:46 am

So much fun! Love the dessert at Serendipity!

• Reply Bernadine August 7, 2018 at 7:55 am

You have a bautiful family!

• Reply Dorinda August 7, 2018 at 8:02 am

You guys need to do a family trip to a Boston vs Yankees game.

• Reply Julie August 7, 2018 at 8:04 am

So awesome! I have a Yankee’s fan and a Red Sox fan at my house. I was in Boston 2 weeks ago and went to Fenway. My Yankee’s fan is wishing for a trip to Yankee Stadium! Such great memories are made on family trips.

• Reply Liz Thorson August 7, 2018 at 8:13 am

❤️What a fun time! Did they get to go to more than 1 game?

• Reply Kim August 7, 2018 at 8:17 am

I am just loving Ashby’s smile lately with her missing teeth! Too adorable!

• Reply Ranisa August 7, 2018 at 8:19 am

Oh my gosh… that hashtag. I am laughing so hard. Super cute!

• Reply Jenny August 7, 2018 at 8:44 am

Ashby in a hat, with missing teeth and her earrings is ADORABLE….could she be any cuter!!

• Reply Kara August 7, 2018 at 8:56 am

What a fun trip. Those boys are troopers to see Frozen. 🙂 Also, trips with Dad are great…no worries if your shirt is on backwards and as much sugar as you want!!! Memories for a lifetime.

• Reply Tracy Robinson August 7, 2018 at 9:09 am

So love that you both have individual time and trips with the kids. What fabulous memories for you all!!

• Reply Melanie August 7, 2018 at 9:12 am

I love Serendipity!!! I also love your hashtag to Andrew, LOL.

• Reply Erin Port August 7, 2018 at 9:25 am

What a special trip and how did I miss Frozen was on Broadway???

• Reply Julie August 7, 2018 at 9:45 am

I love that you and Andrew do things with just a few kids at a time, I admire that! And I think it is so good for the kids. I have three and we’re always striving to do more “one on one” with each of them. Not easy! Love your Red Sox mention at the bottom, I was laughing. The Sox are having one amazing summer! I’m in Boston and took my family to see them vs the Yankees but my kids watched the food vendors more than the game, sigh.

• Reply Lora LaRosa August 7, 2018 at 9:55 am

They look like they had a great trip. I loved the Yankees too when I was a kid. Smith and Ashby have gotten so tall!!

• Reply Kelly Stokowski August 7, 2018 at 10:00 am

Go Sox!!! ❤️💙

• Reply Lindsay D August 7, 2018 at 10:02 am

So much fun!!

• Reply Emily Newcomb August 7, 2018 at 10:27 am

My dad and I are both Yankees fans and got to see them play the Sox at Yankee Stadium last year, and it is one of my FAVORITE memories. I know your kids will look back with so much joy on these trips!

• Reply Kristen August 7, 2018 at 10:33 am

The next time you go to NYC your kids will love the musical School of Rock, it’s amazing!

• Reply Tami August 7, 2018 at 10:39 am

I love this trip so much! Though I am not a Yankee fan. They do get to go to NYC and a Broadway show when they see their team which almost makes up for having to watch the Yankees. #getyourownblogandrew That’s funny !

• Reply Caroline August 7, 2018 at 10:54 am

Looks like a great trip ! Where did they stay in New York ? Did they take the subway up to Yankee Stadium? You should bring the kids to the Sea-glass Carousel at the BATTERY CONSERVANCY in lower Manhattan next trip.

• Reply Paula B. August 7, 2018 at 11:12 am

Great post, how wonderful the kids got to have some special time with their dad in the Big Apple. We, New Englanders, however, are on Team Mom, and it is that time of the year with regard to baseball, anyway, that Sox fans are especially at loggerheads with their nemesis, the Yankees!

• Reply Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World August 7, 2018 at 11:22 am

I love that y’all split up and travel with the different kiddos. I’m sure that makes for an extra special and unique experience for all of you!

• Reply Amy Grace Duncan August 7, 2018 at 11:30 am

I LOVE the pic of Ashby’s shirt on backwards, because Andrew only buttoned the top button. My husband always does the same thing when he dresses our kids! Onesies only get on snap snapped, shirts have one or no buttons buttoned, etc! Gotta love it. 🙂

• Reply Caroline August 7, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Great pictures ! Where did they stay in Manhattan? Did they take the subway up to Yankee Stadium? Next trip to New York, go to the Sea Glass Carousel in Battery Park. The kids would love it.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 8, 2018 at 8:14 am

they did! They took the subway just about everywhere!

• Reply Kathy Roe August 7, 2018 at 12:24 pm

So cute! Love that you split up and so separate trips. They sure looked like they had some special time with their dad!

• Reply Donna August 7, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Awwwww this made my heart so happy. Andrew is an incredible father. You are incredible Mother. I love the relationship you all have with each other. It is what is most important in this life and I am so happy for all you. Andrew gets the father of the year award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply kellie carrara August 7, 2018 at 12:36 pm

Ohmygoodness… what a fun trip for these two with their Daddy! (I loved the girls trip to Boston, too).
    My little LOVES Serendipity and a stop at Dylans, too — but in nyc you NEED all that sugar to keep you going, right? I let mine dictate our last trip too and we ended up at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Times Square, Madame Trusaud’s and the M&M store! Oh well… we did squeeze in a museum and Central Park, too. Fun, fun! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Anna Henderson August 7, 2018 at 12:36 pm

Ashby’s little toothless smile is THE CUTEST!!! It looks like they had a blast!

• Reply Abby August 7, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Have you done a Red Sox Yankees game with the whole family yet?

• Reply Desiree | Beautifully Seaside August 7, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Love these photos! The kids are always going to remember that trip with their Dad! Half of our family loves the Yankees and half of us love the Red Socks!

• Reply Jennie August 7, 2018 at 12:45 pm

What a fun trip with dad! Such special memories you guys are making! And FYI – I didn’t receive this post in my email today like I usually do, nor did it show up in my feedly feed. Not sure what is going on, but thankful I saw you post it on facebook!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 8, 2018 at 8:13 am

I’ve heard that from someone else too! I’m checking into it!

• Reply Angela Ellingson August 7, 2018 at 2:16 pm

So many absolutely adorable pictures!! My hubby just had my daughter’s shirt on backwards the other day. lol Impressive he got the bow in her hair though! I love these traditions you guys have. You’re creating so many amazing memories!

• Reply Kimberly August 7, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Oh my GOODNESS! Ashby’s little face in the first pic of them in their jerseys 😍 Your family is just beautiful!

• Reply Aurela August 7, 2018 at 5:31 pm

I’m shocked that you let them casual clothes to the broadway show! Plus Smith wearing his hat indoors. The guy next to Ashby looks like he is wearing a suit, which is more appropriate. Even though it’s a matinee you still should dress up at least a little

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 8, 2018 at 8:12 am

You should send this comment to Andrew…I wasn’t the one who got them dressed 🙂 .

• Reply Karen August 9, 2018 at 8:53 am

We live in CT so we attend quite a few Broadway shows a year, with and without our kids. I will say, especially in the summer, it’s rare to see anyone dressed up. Everyone I see is neat and clean but it is NOT the norm to be dressed up. It’s hot in NYC and people will typically come in for more than just a show (they will have gone to the Statue of Liberty beforehand for instance) so they are going to be in casual clothes. And even with a hotel room, it takes forever to travel around the city so you wouldn’t go back to your room throughout the day.

• Reply Hanna August 7, 2018 at 5:50 pm

My favorite part was Ashbys shirt on backwards!!! I was just thinking “Andrew did such a good job with her hair” and then saw that! Such sweet pictures!!

• Reply Kathy August 7, 2018 at 6:38 pm

I love this rivalry!! Haha

• Reply Farryn Bussa August 7, 2018 at 7:57 pm

I’m impressed that daddy can fix hair so well ! And I’m totally cracking up her shirt is on backward ! #whathappenswhendaddydresseskids ! Love the post!

• Reply Leanne Gilchrist August 7, 2018 at 8:10 pm

You know, Shay, someday Ashby will be old enough to change her mind about her “favorite” team!!! LOL! Smith’s face with that hot dog cracked me up! Just to give a nod to your husband, I couldn’t really tell that Ashby’s shirt was on backward, I was too busy thinking about how cute it is! Is it MJ?? What line? I think I need it for my Pennie Jane! Someday, Ashby will look gorgeous in RED!!! Will you link to Asby’s shoes and Smith’s turquoise polo shirt?? Someday, I’d like my girls to see Anastasia. Thanks for sharing your family with us.

• Reply Janet August 7, 2018 at 8:15 pm

I’m with you on the pinstripes. LOL Looks like they had a fun time.

• Reply Debbie August 7, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Looks like so much fun! He is a good daddy!

• Reply Dee August 7, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Have you taken the Staten Island Ferry across New York Harbor? It’s a great ride with beautiful views and it’s free. You have to get off at Staten Island but a short walk away is a moving tribute to 9/11 and those who lost their lives (mostly firefighters and Twin Tower employees). The views of Manhatten are amazing and the memorial looks like angel wings. Worth a visit.

• Reply Dee August 7, 2018 at 8:40 pm

Have you taken the Staten Island Ferry across New York Harbor? It’s free and the views are amazing. You have to get off at Staten Island but a short walk away is a moving tribute to 9/11. It honors the almost 300 people from Staten Island who lost their lives that day. It looks like wings and is worth the trip.

• Reply Maryellen Azarian August 7, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Shirt on backwards so funny but I was really impressed with Ashby’s hair. Andrew can really do cute pig tails. Did you teach him ?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 8, 2018 at 8:10 am

He kind of picked it up himself…and he’s really proud of it 🙂 .

• Reply Beth Mcclintock August 7, 2018 at 10:00 pm

I love that Dad does hair and even adds a bow!!!

• Reply Nancy DeFord August 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Shay, Everytime I read your post I just think how blessed Ashby is that she ended up in your family.
    I started following your blog right when you adopted her. Your love has made that little girl shine!

• Reply Chrys August 7, 2018 at 10:14 pm

I just can’t with Ashby and her two missing front teeth…hahaha. Girlfriend sure does know how to rock that gap though.

• Reply Karah Stracener August 7, 2018 at 10:21 pm

I love that they get to have their vacation with their dad. I think that makes for some special memories. Ashby looks adorable in her NY gear. The pic of her and Smith posing exactly the same is so cute!!!!

• Reply Deb Weber August 8, 2018 at 8:51 am

Your blog made me giggle! I’m a huge Red Sox fan as well so I’m loving their record and the recent series against the Yankees–woo hoo!! What a fun trip for them. Thanks for sharing! Your blog certainly is bright spot in the day! 🙂

• Reply Caitlin August 8, 2018 at 9:24 am

I mean I know Ashby’s shirt was on backwards but I’m totally impressed with her hair the whole trip I mean that’s impressive for a dad to do two buns with a big bow! That’s a keeper husband right there! Looks like the sweetest trip!

• Reply Yley Allen August 9, 2018 at 12:27 pm

You’re “cough, cough” comments made me Lol!! My Yankee fan husband was not happy about that sweep!! The Red Sox are definitely fun to watch right now. Personally I’m a Dodger fan, but I love Yankee stadium and I can’t wait to get to Fenway one day!