Friday Favorites: FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!!

It’s the first day of summer!  The first day of summer!  The first day of SUMMER!!!

I told myself that I would sleep in this morning…but…we’ll see.

(I’ll probably still be up bright and early…because you know…I’m weird…)

I have a whole fun, random, eclectic mix for you today!  I’m linking up with my girls Erika, Narci and Andrea and sharing my Friday Favorites.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

The Shull Six are sure planning on a fun weekend 🙂 !

My first favorite of the week is…

…Kindergarten Splash Day!

On Wednesday morning, Andrew and I showed up bright and early to help four classes of kinder kids get wet, wild and crazy.  (God bless you kindergarten teachers!!!)  We had the BEST time!  I know this won’t surprise you, but the teachers were BIG fans of Andrew being in charge of the relay race.  This one boy was crying because his team lost and Andrew was all “don’t cry, just play better next time”.  Hahaha!  Coach Andrew is always so blunt.

Um, why has no one told me to buy this before…

…I obviously bought it for the name and cute glass jars.  #duh #Francophile  BUT I’m continuing to buy it because it’s the best Greek Yogurt I’ve had!!  I loooove it!  So far, I’ve had the coconut, strawberry and Key lime flavors.  My go-to snack this week.

Okay, speaking of Splash Day, Ashby’s teacher was wearing these outside, and I was TOTALLY intrigued…

…they’re Aqua Socks off of Amazon.  Have you heard of these???  They were like socks but water resistant.  She told me they’re perfect for cruises (she’s about to go on one) where you don’t want to walk around barefoot but you want to go straight into the pool without finding a place to put your shoes AND for the beach/ocean where it’s rocky.  She sent me the link, and I bought Kensington a pair (pink ones!) because she’s just about to go on a beach vacation, and I thought they’d be perfect for the ocean.  Once hers arrive, I might end up buying everyone a pair.  I thought they were just the coolest thing!  They come in a million colors in both kid and adult sizes.

Okay, I wanted to show you something my friend Maggie created.  It is so totally cool.  Ready…

…look at how much better the sleeve looks after!  Here’s how you do it…

that rubber band thing just snaps right there and helps you roll it right up and then keeps it in place all day.  Here’s a little video…

So easy, right?  Here it is on a blouse…

…amazing!  Remember those slap bracelets we had back in the early 90s?  This feels like that going on.  It just pops on and then pops off.  They’re selling Cuffed Up in many stores, but you can also buy them right off their site.  I love it when people I know do super creative things!!

Did you see my book review yesterday

…I loved all three books, so this totally has to be a favorite for the week!  Read my full review HERE.

In honor of the first day of summer…

…you need this t-shirt too 🙂 .  (It’s also a great tee for a travel agent!!)

And because tomorrow is June…

…I have The Very Best Burger Recipes today HERE.  I have 27 burger recipes.

TWENTY SEVEN!

From beef to turkey, crab cake burgers and even a vegetarian burger, I have all of the burger recipes you need for summer right HERE.

Okay, that wraps up my first post of summer!  I hope you have the BEST weekend!!  See you Monday! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 31, 2019 at 4:50 am

So much fun packed in one post! Enjoy your weekend, Shay! 🙂

• Reply Chane May 31, 2019 at 4:50 am

No skip day post this year? Love reading those.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 6:36 am

I need to either do one or add it to a life lately!

• Reply Michelle June 2, 2019 at 6:39 am

Anyone else wondering why the cuff model is married in the first photo but not in the second? 😁

• Reply Erika Slaughter May 31, 2019 at 5:16 am

Wahoo!!!! Happy FIRST Day of SUMMER!! Ashby on Field Day is how I feel right about now. 🙂

• Reply Emily May 31, 2019 at 5:28 am

What size did you get in the Vacay Mode shirt? Thanks!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 6:35 am

I bought it in a small.

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N dreams May 31, 2019 at 5:31 am

Yes to that summer tee, all the burgers on the grill and adorable Ashby having fun at Splash day!! I have to tell my sister about that yogurt! She’s always looking for the French type. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Narci May 31, 2019 at 5:43 am

Happy Summer!!! I’m so happy it’s finally here!

• Reply Julie May 31, 2019 at 5:43 am

I love your site and I love that yogurt too! fun tip: did you know you can buy lids for the empty jars to reuse at their ouibyyoplait website? They are so cute for so many things!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 6:34 am

How clever is that?!

• Reply Gretchen May 31, 2019 at 8:43 am

I use the empty glass yogurt containers to keep small things together in my medicine cabinet (chapsticks, eyedrops, etc). Perfect size and cute containers.

• Reply Jean May 31, 2019 at 3:16 pm

What do you use to remove the labels? Those things are on there snug!

• Reply Holley@beesimplyorganized.com May 31, 2019 at 6:37 am

You are right! I need that shirt! So cute! Your friend Maggie is brilliant! Those are great. 🙂

• Reply Andrea Breece May 31, 2019 at 7:45 am

What about your shorts that your wearing with the vacay mode shirt?? Love them!!

• Reply Andrea Breece May 31, 2019 at 9:42 am

Sorry I forgot to put my question in there 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ where are the shorts from??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Which pair?

• Andrea Breece May 31, 2019 at 4:27 pm

The ones you wore with the vacay mode shirt! 💗

• Mix and Match Mama June 1, 2019 at 5:55 am

Okay! Unfortunately, those are old. Boo. I’m sorry!

• Reply Holley@beesimplyorganized.com May 31, 2019 at 6:43 am

You are right! I need that shirt! So cute! Your friend Maggie is brilliant! 🙂 You can make a yummy French yogurt cake with the yogurt jars from the book Bringing Up Bebe. https://themamanotes.com/bringing-up-bebes-yogurt-cake-recipe/

• Reply Tammy May 31, 2019 at 7:11 am

Those aqua socks look like a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Question: Why is only Kensington going on a beach vacation?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 8:44 am

Ahhhh! She gets a special trip!! More details to come 🙂 .

• Reply Ashley May 31, 2019 at 7:24 am

I have those water shoes/sock things and wore them into a water park. I bought the ones with the zipper pocket and put cash in them. So convenient.

• Reply Connie May 31, 2019 at 7:26 am

OH my gosh! I love Oui yogurt! It’s the best! I don’t think I tasted one yet that I did not like. Mmmm My fave is black cherry! I have some jars saved. The stickers usually rip off nice.

• Reply Elspeth Mizner May 31, 2019 at 7:40 am

Happy First day of summer! Yay!! I am definitely going to look into that cuff. It will come in so handy. Also, going to check out those 27 burger recipes! Looks delicious! Happy Friday Shay!

• Reply Kylie J May 31, 2019 at 7:40 am

Love the shirt! I just bought it to celebrate my last day of school!

• Reply Michelle O May 31, 2019 at 8:07 am

Oui Yogurt is the BEST!!! I have soooo many glass jars! Hahaha! You have got to try the peach and the black cherry…they are my favs! I am probably older than most who read your blog, but I’m a young 53. I have 2 granddaughters that I get a lot ideas of what is on trend for them to do and wear. I also love to cook, fashion, health care and beauty. Thank you for making it all real and down to earth. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 8:42 am

Oh Michelle, THANK YOU!! Sending you so much love!!

• Reply Kallen May 31, 2019 at 8:12 am

Okay so I thought the “before” and “after” of the man’s shirt was that he was married in the before picture and in the after picture he was not married anymore?? Was I the only one who caught that?? 😛

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 8:42 am

That’s so funny?? I don’t know??? Was it on his left side and not on his right side (they took two pics of different sides of him)? Very good catch!

• Reply Meredith May 31, 2019 at 8:15 am

So much goodness in this post- I am ordering those sick things right away- my parents pool is rough and my kids always complain so these may be the solution. Plus I’m thinking great for camp shower shoes.

Love the T-shirt, cuff thing and the burger list.
    Love summer even more!

• Reply Julie May 31, 2019 at 9:21 am

Hi Shay!
    This may seem like a weird question-but wondered where you bought your fireplace inserts for your home? We are remodeling and looking for a realistic gas fireplace insert and I really like how yours look natural and realistic.
    Any info would be appreciated!!
    Thanks!
    Julie

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Ohhhh! Good question. I have no clue! I’ll ask Andrew and see if he remembers!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims May 31, 2019 at 9:40 am

“Don’t cry, just do better next time” made me LOL. HAPPY SUMMER!

• Reply jaime May 31, 2019 at 9:40 am

The water socks are great for the beach and water parks! Inexpensive and all the colors!!

• Reply Erin Rohman May 31, 2019 at 10:13 am

A. Coach Andrew was just being honest—hahahahaha!
    B. Totally need that Vacay T for the trip Clare is planning for me this December!!!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:05 pm

You do!!!!

• Reply Rebecca Jo May 31, 2019 at 10:37 am

I have those water socks & love them!!!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Really?! They were so cool!

• Reply Megan May 31, 2019 at 11:04 am

What size did you do for K in the aqua socks? Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:04 pm

The 2-3!

• Reply nicole May 31, 2019 at 11:41 am

such a great post! where are your necklaces and earrings from? so cute & summery!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Nordstrom and Amazon!

• Reply Kerri May 31, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Those yogurts are awesome! The Lemon is amazing and the mini’s with chocolate. I have those as a little dessert! Need to get those water socks…we live at the beach in the summer!

• Reply Grace May 31, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Curious as to what activities the Kindergartners have for Splash Day? I am a first grade teacher and we have a Water Party at the end of the year for our first graders. We rent a huge water slide and request various things from parents. But we would love to add more to it if possible. 🙂 Have a wonderful summer break!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 31, 2019 at 3:04 pm

They have little plastic pools, side walk chalk, water bottles that squirt and spray, bubbles, a shaving cream station, relay races, a Popsicle station, a watermelon station…there is a lot and it’s super fun!!

• Reply Shelly May 31, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Loved seeing all the splash day fun! And that cuff folder…intrigued. Happy first weekend of summer!

• Reply Sara May 31, 2019 at 9:24 pm

You must try the Oui mango flavor! So refreshing and delicious!!

• Reply Kim Kinney June 1, 2019 at 7:06 am

The Oui vanilla yogurts are my absolute favorite!!

• Reply Allie Howard June 1, 2019 at 11:06 am

How does the shirt run… size wise?? It’s so cute… I LOVE pineapples!! 😍

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 2, 2019 at 6:05 am

• Reply jennimc June 1, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Can you tell me what color your bright pink Apple Watch band is…thinking of changing up my sand pink one for summer 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 2, 2019 at 6:05 am

I bought it from the Apple Store in January. I’m not sure if they still have it. I think it was called hibiscus.

• Reply Kerri June 2, 2019 at 9:40 am

Love Oui! You have to try the Oui Lemon. I would never thing to get lemon yogurt, and it’s by far the best one to me.

• Reply Vesti June 2, 2019 at 11:35 am

My family has been wearing those Aqua socks for a few years now. We LOVE them! (They tend to run a little big.)

• Reply Debbie Lang June 2, 2019 at 8:17 pm

I just saw those cute yogurts at Costco. I haven’t tried yet but definitely added them to my list. Happy Summer!!

• Reply Nicole June 4, 2019 at 7:11 am

I do not think Oui is Greek Yogurt!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 4, 2019 at 7:27 am

It’s French. You know…Greek, French…my brain doesn’t work when I blog that early in the morning 😉 .