Memorial Day and Birthdays

Happy Friday, friends!  Today, I am volunteering at my kids’ Field Day which means sun, fun and getting totally soaked (I always help with the event that involves the water hose…).  I’m going to enjoy the long weekend and last few days until summer and then see you girls back here again on Tuesday.  I hope each and every one of you have a safe, healthy and happy Memorial Day weekend as we take time out to spend time with family and friends and remember all of those who currently do or have served our country…especially those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom today,

Please also remember the Davis/Maxwell family in your prayers this weekend too…

…Tuesday would have been Manda’s 38th birthday.  I got to spend time with Manda’s mom on Sunday which was her birthday, so between the two birthdays and Mother’s Day, May is a hard month for that precious family.  Prayers always appreciated.

From my home to yours, wishing you the safest, happiest and most blessed weekend. xo

• Reply Nicole Miller May 24, 2019 at 5:56 am

I’m at field day today, too!!! Have fun 🙂 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams May 24, 2019 at 7:16 am

Sending prayers and light to Manda’s Family! Hope you Shulls have a great MDW!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 24, 2019 at 7:28 am

Sounds like a fun day 🙂 Hope you have a lovely weekend, Shay!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick May 24, 2019 at 7:45 am

Praying for Manda’s sweet family. See you tomorrow night! 🎉
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Amy Azza May 24, 2019 at 8:01 am

Happy Memorial Day weekend Shay! And prayers to sweet Manda and her family. She did so much good and brought so much joy in her time here on earth.. some people live a lot longer lives and don’t do as much good.. so I hope her mother and her family take great comfort in all the good that Manda did and all the love she gave. xoxoxo.

• Reply Paula May 24, 2019 at 8:18 am

Happ Memorial Day & Happy Summer. Enjoy your precious family.

• Reply Debbie May 24, 2019 at 9:45 am

Beautiful post in every way! ❤️🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸❤️

• Reply Maureen Werner May 24, 2019 at 10:10 am

Thoughts and prayers to your family and Manda’s. Have a safe and relaxing weekend! Reflecting on all the brave soldiers who keep us safe and families who are still missing their loved ones. God Bless them.

• Reply Katie May 24, 2019 at 10:38 am

I helped at our field day, but they had to pull it inside because is freezing and so rainy in Utah still! April/May is a hard month for our family. We lost our baby niece last year, I’ll be thinking if you guys too!

• Reply Misty S May 24, 2019 at 12:23 pm

Your house is #goals! 😉

• Reply Brandye May 24, 2019 at 5:35 pm

Today is the one year anniversary of my nephew’s passing. He was 41 and an ATF agent in Dallas. His funeral procession shut down multiple highways in early June, 2018. Please remember Special Agent Scott Ragsdale in your prayers, as well as his family. Thanks.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 25, 2019 at 7:16 am

I am going to stop and pray for your family right now, Brandye. I’m so sorry for your loss.

• Reply Elspeth Mizner May 24, 2019 at 6:26 pm

Happy Memorial Day Shay! Have a wonderful weekend with your family! Sending prayers for Manda and her family and friends during this difficult time.

• Reply Kristy Moore May 24, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Love the flag, but who has the lucky job of putting it up there???

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 25, 2019 at 7:15 am

Andrew Shull… 😉

• Reply Cristin May 30, 2019 at 8:26 am

And how exactly does he get it up there? I need more details. Because I want one for our house (when we move back to America)…but I will be responsible for putting it up. Do you have a scissor lift?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 30, 2019 at 9:01 am

A tall ladder and Andrew is all you need! I can loan him out ;).