This and that!

Happy Thursday, friends!

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for being so sweet to my hubby yesterday!  Your comments, messages and emails just made my day.  I am so happy that you enjoyed his Day in the Life of Andrew post and feel like you know him a little better.  #somuchchicken  Seriously, you guys are the BEST!!  If you missed my ALL ABOUT ANDREW (where I listed 38 random things about him), see that HERE and then we made a video for our 15th anniversary that you can view HERE.

Okay, today, I have a little this and a little that…starting with…

Amanda shared this on FB this week and I LOL.  Anyone else???  I say EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.THESE at least 50 times a day!

Okay, local friends, have you been to Edith’s French Bistro in Plano?  Ashby had her semi-annual “big” checkup in Dallas last week, and on the way home, I surprised her with lunch here.  It was a first for both of us and we LOVED it!!

We each had French Onion Soup and then we split the Croque Madame with Truffle Fries and this salad.  It was AMAZING!

I told this story on Instagram, but Smith and I were out walking around the lake last week having the sweetest time (he is such a talker!!) and thoroughly enjoying the moment…and then a bird pooped on me and his day was MADE! #9yearoldboylife

Sweet sisters!!  It was pouring at Smith’s baseball game on Saturday, and when I turned around, I saw this 🙂 .

I was JUST talking about my favorite kind of entertaining last week and guess what?  It happened again over here!  On Sunday, I had a board meeting and then when I got home, I put on my swimsuit to head out with the kids when the Slaughters pulled up so Nixon could use the batting cage with Smith.  Well, one thing lead to another and before we knew it, we were having a party!  I had stuff to make burgers and hot dogs and Erika had chicken in her slow cooker at home, so we sent Tab to get the chicken and we turned that into nachos (yum!), made all of the hot dogs and burgers and BAM!  An impromptu party happened.  I love this time of year when things like that happen!

Little Starbucks date with my baby 🙂

This pic made me LOL!  Madeley over there “reading” People at the doctor’s office.

This week, Kensington and I ran to Target to get sunscreen…and look what we came home with.  Because…

…RIGHT?!

Look at my cute new hat for Memorial Day and July 4th!!

Kensington is beach bound, so she came home with…

…this super cute nautical tankini and…

this fruity one too!

We also got her…

this pineapple romper too 🙂 .  They had so many cute things for girls her age!

One last little pic!  I’m loving this tank from Amazon (with these shorts and these sandals).  And even though it’s hard to see in this pic, I’ve had a lot of questions about my necklaces lately and the pineapple one is HERE and the turquoise one is HERE.

That’s it for today!!  I posted a patriotic cocktail today for your Memorial Day weekend…

Patriotic Punch Cocktail

…check out my Patriotic Punch Cocktail HERE!

Have a great pre-Friday, friends!

• Reply Lauren May 23, 2019 at 4:51 am

That pineapple romper is too cute, I wish they had it in adult sizes! I’d totally wear that!

Lauren

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 23, 2019 at 4:54 am

Haha, I’d love to visit Target one day. It’s actually on my bucket list when I travel to the US! 😛

• Reply Erika Slaughter May 23, 2019 at 4:57 am

In that picture of your girls with the umbrella at baseball…not gonna lie I zoomed way in to make sure I wasn’t in the background running like a crazy lady to my car. 🤣🤣 And our impromptu Sunday dinner was fabulous!

• Reply Jen May 23, 2019 at 5:10 am

Could Erika share details about the Love America t-shirt, please??

• Reply Sheaffer Sims May 23, 2019 at 5:14 am

The meal you split with Ashby makes me laugh so hard. Carter would be like, do they have chicken fingers? Such cute Target finds. I love that hat!

• Reply polly P May 23, 2019 at 5:15 am

I gotta ask…What does Andrew do with with the yolks? heee…hee…hee…

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 7:01 am

Yearssss ago, he would save them for me to use when baking, but it’s just too many. He tosses them now.

• Reply Lilly May 23, 2019 at 8:24 am

you can buy just egg whites! they come in quart sizes at costco, just next to the eggs! i do it all the time for my omelettes!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 8:37 am

I say that all the time. He likes these organic eggs and they don’t come in a carton. I know…I don’t get it either.

• Ellen May 23, 2019 at 9:09 am

What if he ate, say, 3 whole eggs and another 3 or 4 whites? Obviously, we are all worried about these poor egg yolks! 😛

• Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 10:15 am

I might need to open an egg yolk business! Hahaha!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams May 23, 2019 at 6:06 am

Aww Ashby looks adorable sitting at the french bistro!! And Madeley reading People is hilarious! Impromptu parties are the best! We are almost to MDW!!

• Reply Kasie Miller May 23, 2019 at 6:29 am

It was so fun reading about Andrew’s a day in a life yesterday! I feel very lazy when I read about everything you guys accomplish in a morning! #motivation

And I could hop a plane to Plano just to eat at that adorable French restaurant!😍 Prayers that Ashby’s checkup went well!

• Reply Narci May 23, 2019 at 6:32 am

That French restaurant looks amazing, and how cute is your Target haul! Love!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 6:59 am

Presley would LOVE it!!

• Reply Kelly May 23, 2019 at 6:53 am

I have been reading your blog since Smith was just two and I sure didn’t realize that Andrew was SO metrosexual. You learn something new every day 😊

• Reply Becca May 23, 2019 at 7:42 am

Would you mind sharing where you found the green tank top that happened to get pooped on? 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 8:37 am

Hahahahaha! Athleta!!

• Reply Becca May 23, 2019 at 11:46 am

The Essence Vital Tank?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 2:37 pm

I believe so!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner May 23, 2019 at 7:57 am

Such a sweet look at what has been going on in your life. Have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!

• Reply Tricia May 23, 2019 at 8:12 am

I love that tank top! May I ask what size you’re wearing so I can figure out which size would be best for me? Thank you so much!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 8:37 am

Small!!

• Reply Lauren May 23, 2019 at 8:52 am

Hi Shay! I was wondering where you got your molds for the popsicles you have on your blog? That pineapple romper is so cute wish I could fit into it lol

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 10:16 am

Amazon!!! I bought fancy ones and they never worked, then I bought the cheapie plastic ones on Amazon and they work great!!

• Reply Erin May 23, 2019 at 9:00 am

1. Me all summer: do you live in a barn?!? Then SHUT THE DOOR!!
    2. Prob Madeley was checking out Baby Sussex.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 23, 2019 at 10:15 am

Hahahaha!

• Reply Katie May 23, 2019 at 9:32 am

OMG Madeley reading People magazine cracks me up!!!! She is just too dang cute!

Aaaaand. Blue Hawaiian punch ice cubes?? Why have I never thought of this before for different themed parties, etc? Totally doing this during the summer. Genius!

• Reply Kathleen May 23, 2019 at 9:57 am

I’ve seen Edith’s every time I get off SRT at Parkwood. I’ve been wanting to try it, will definitely try now. We go to Bonnie Ruth’s off NDT. My husband loves their mussels (ugh!)

• Reply Ralinn May 23, 2019 at 11:26 am

The bird poop made me laugh. I had poop land on my head one time. Ugh!
      How did Andrew’s parents fare with the tornadoes last night?
      Enjoy your summer. It goes too quickly.

• Reply Jody May 23, 2019 at 10:27 am

Amen to the 10 things Moms say all summer! For real! 🤪

• Reply Kathy L May 23, 2019 at 10:59 am

Love everything about this post! The Croque Madame and truffle fries are making me hungry! Hoping Ashby’s appointment went very well. Madeley is too cute for words, and Kensington’s Target haul is crazy good. The bird poop that got you on your walk with Smith had me laughing and I’m not a 9 year old boy! It reminded me of when a seagull pooped on my stomach during a college Spring Break at the beach in St. Petersburg–which absolutely mortified me at the time! ha ha!!

• Reply Becky Carl May 23, 2019 at 11:26 am

You could probably work out a deal with your local bakery for those egg yolks😜

• Reply Laura Solari May 23, 2019 at 11:30 am

Love your Four Things tote by The Shop Forward! Love their stuff and their mission! You should share it, I feel like your readers would love it, especially with the oprhan/adoption stuff!

• Reply Erica Werner May 23, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I loved yesterday’s post too! It was fun to see his perspective and what he does on a daily basis. Thanks so much for sharing your lives with us😊

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt May 23, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I love little snippets into every day life like this!! What does your Shop Forward bag say?
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply cassie // hi sugarplum May 24, 2019 at 9:12 am

Madeley reading that magazine made me snort out loud! happy long weekend, friend!

• Reply Raquel Whatley May 25, 2019 at 11:18 am

Do you happen to know where Erica got her red t-shirt? Looks like it’s an outline of the United States that says love.. Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 26, 2019 at 6:29 am

I do not!

• Reply Jaime May 25, 2019 at 5:39 pm

My family tried your Portobello pasta for dinner and it was our favorite pasta dish ever! We added some peas for color and it was amazing! Thanks for the great and easy dinner shay!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 26, 2019 at 6:29 am

Ah!!! This makes me so happy, Jaime!!

• Reply Renee May 26, 2019 at 9:35 pm

I ordered that Amazon tank, thanks to you, and I love it. Do you wear a strapless bra with it or have you found a racerback bra that you love? I love my strapless bra and should probably just order more. It’s the one you and Sheaffer recommend.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 27, 2019 at 6:06 am

I wear a strapless bra!!

• Reply Emma May 29, 2019 at 11:19 am

Ah is that a 4 things tote from The Shop Forward I spotted? Love it!