A little holiday sparkle!

It’s never too early to start talking about Christmas, right?!  I mean, the Hallmark Channel is going to start airing their movies THIS FRIDAY, so clearly, it’s time 🙂 .

All of this Christmas talk leads me to today’s post!!  My sweet friend Cassie’s new holiday line launches at Nordstrom this morning, and I ADORE IT!!!!  She was sweet enough to send me a few pieces last week for me to take some pictures, and I am sharing them with you today.  Now, all I need is someone to invite me to some holiday parties so I can wear my new cute tops and dress 🙂 .

Pour yourself some hot cocoa, grab a gingerbread man and turn up Bing Crosby, it’s fa-la-la-la fabulous…

Eeeeeeks!  Isn’t this top SO PERFECT!!!  It comes in multiple colors (including leopard), but that Christmas red just spoke to me.  I paired it with my sequin leggings and gold sandals and am now, holiday ready!

Even though this line comes in many different colors and patterns, I was totally drawn to the red…

…where the first top was satin, this one is velvet.  How cute, right?!

So, I switched out of my sequin pants and put on my velvet ones (love) and my gold sandals again so that I could try on…

this gold sequin top!  Now, I love this top because I think the color will work well all the way into the winter.  It’s not too Christmas-y at all.

…so festive!

Another top in this collection that will work after the holidays is…

this leopard one!  How cute, right?!

…it has a little shimmer to it, but doesn’t have any sequins, so I pulled my sequin leggings back on for this top.  You could really wear this one year around!

And last but not least, Cassie sent me…

this sequin dress!!

I’m obsessed with the champagne color!!!  I thought it was absolutely beautiful as was the ENTIRE COLLECTION! For size references, all of my tops are xsmall and my dress is xsmall petite.  You can view every piece (there are tops with sleeves, pants and skirts too and every single piece comes in multiple colors!) HERE.  In the meantime, I need to go look at my calendar and write down some fun holiday events for me to attend where I can wear these gorgeous pieces.  Happy Tuesday, friends! xo

• Reply Amy Heinl October 22, 2019 at 6:08 am

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is starting this week two. They will have new movies on Thurs and Fri and the regular Hallmark Channel on Fri and Saturday. Lifetime starts this Saturday too. Cant wait

• Reply Sarah G. October 22, 2019 at 6:26 am

Hi Shay, I hope Madeley is feeling better! LOVE those sparkly pants, can’t wait to buy! I saw your post the other day about your neighbor’s Christmas lights. Hey now, don’t knock it until you try it haha! If you can watch hallmark Christmas movies, we can put up Christmas lights early! 😉

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 22, 2019 at 7:35 am

It caught me off guard. They have a gigantic wreath up…and pumpkins 😉 .

• Reply Erika Slaughter October 22, 2019 at 6:30 am

Heading to check it out now!!

• Reply Marie Curcio October 22, 2019 at 6:30 am

Just wanted to let you know that Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has already started airing Christmas movies!! They decided to start airing them a week early!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 22, 2019 at 7:04 am

So pretty! Love all the festive pieces… looks like I need to get a few sparkly tops myself! ❤️✨

• Reply Elspeth October 22, 2019 at 7:16 am

These all look so festive and fun, perfect for holiday parties or even gifts. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Reply Angela Ellingson October 22, 2019 at 7:22 am

So so pretty!!! Love them all!

• Reply Laci October 22, 2019 at 7:48 am

I love all the pieces!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims October 22, 2019 at 8:07 am

Everything looks gorgeous on you, but I think I like the champagne sequins on you the most!!!

• Reply Midwestern Girl October 22, 2019 at 8:09 am

Hi Shay, some of your links sadly don’t work (just FYI!) Also, if you could do an updated Skincare and Makeup Routine along with your favorite daily bags, I would love that! Thanks!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 22, 2019 at 8:34 am

I just went through and checked and they’re all working for me. I’m sorry you were having trouble!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams October 22, 2019 at 8:31 am

Love the sparkles! I’m ready for holiday season style. Cassie does a great job with her pieces!

Amanda @

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 22, 2019 at 8:33 am

She really does! I always think her Gibson collections stand out more than any of the others.

• Reply Ronnie October 22, 2019 at 8:47 am

All of those pieces are gorgeous. I particularly love the leopard and the dress!

I hope Miss Madeley is feeling better. Bless her heart.

• Reply cathy edwards October 22, 2019 at 9:36 am

I love Cassie’s new line! You look beautiful in everything. Your shorter hair is a good look for you. Have a happy day!

• Reply Donna October 22, 2019 at 10:09 am

I’m having a hard time getting on board for this line. It’s difficult to picture wearing anything like this for Christmas events when I’m working with 25* or 30* weather. Seems like its specifically targeted items for those who live where its warm. Shame too, I do like a few pieces. Too bad she didn’t keep in mind that usually at Christmas time is freezing outside and no one wants to be wearing a sleeveless cami.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 22, 2019 at 12:38 pm

I totally see that!! I think the Texas girl in me can visualize it much better than my Northern friends. for sure!

• Reply Lalissa Cohen October 25, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Christmas and holiday parties tend to get very warm since there are so many people! I would wear a beautoful coat to and from the party. You could also add a simple cardigan to the tank style tops.

• Reply Jacqueline Smith October 22, 2019 at 11:25 am

Hi Shay. These pieces are beautiful and you look great in them. I love your blog and have followed for years. One quick suggestion. When you tell us the size you are wearing it doesn’t really help me know what size to buy. If you say I’m wearing an extra small that doesn’t help me know what size to buy for myself. If you say ‘this top runs true to size, or it ran a little small so I sized up from my normal size, or this dress was a little long so I ordered a petite” those comments are helpful. Does that make sense? Just a thought that might help the folks who are wanting to order something and wondering what size to order themselves. Hope you have a great Tuesday!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 22, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I totally understand what you’re saying! I typically forget and never mention a size, but then someone typically reaches out and specifically asks me what I size I bought. This morning, I had one email and a FB message asking about my sizes, so I went back in and edited my post to include that info for anyone else. I totally see what you’re saying, but people always specifically ask me about my sizing to help them find their own.

• Reply Narci October 22, 2019 at 2:10 pm

Oh my heavens! If I don’t see you in that first red top and the sequin dress tomorrow at the gym, I’ll be sorely disappointed. So darling on you!

• Reply Lisa October 22, 2019 at 5:08 pm

I couldn’t get the gold sequined top to come up with the link. It keeps taking me to the red velvet one.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 23, 2019 at 5:12 am

Same top! See the three color choices? It comes in red, gold and leopard!

• Reply Mary Jane McNeill October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am

Girl, you could make a croker sack look cute!! All of these pieces look GREAT on you!!