Madeley’s 5th Birthday!

Well, on my blogging calendar, today’s post was titled Madeley’s Peppa Pig Party, but it didn’t happen.  Boo.  We had a Peppa themed party with her friends all planned for Friday morning…her birthday sign was made, her cupcakes were finished and her goodie bags were literally on my kitchen counter, but bless her heart, she was so sick that not only did we have to cancel that, but…

…the morning of her actual birthday, I took her into the ER where she was admitted.  It’s no fun when your DOB matches the date you were admitted into the hospital.  On Tuesday night, her fever began, and she was diagnosed with a virus, then on Thursday, when we went back, she was diagnosed with pneumonia, but at the ER, they diagnosed her with RSV.  So…her birthday ended up being us all cozy in her hospital room watching movies and snuggling.

Once they realized it was her birthday, the hospital staff spoiled her!  They brought several Peppa Pig things for her to play with.

Smith had two baseball games the morning of her birthday and Kensington had volleyball, but as soon as it was over, Andrew brought them up an we had mini party.  I love this pic.  The two bigs are talking to Mades and Ashby is going through her hospital loot.  Hahahaha!  Ashby!

Two days and one night later, we were good to go back home.  Whew!  What a birthday!!!  We had a mini party for her last night at home where she got to blow out her candles, eat cupcakes and open all of her presents, and then we’ll reschedule her Peppa Pig fun.  In the meantime, I’m just super happy my big FIVE year old is well.  She was such a trooper last week.  It’s hard when your baby doesn’t feel well, but she was, as Madeley is, all smiles 🙂 .  xo

• Reply Amy Heinl October 21, 2019 at 5:15 am

So glad she is home and feeling much better. She looked like she really enjoyed her mini party last night when she got home. Just love her beautiful smike…she lights up any room she is in.

• Reply Mother of 3 October 21, 2019 at 5:26 am

Aw, poor thing! We once had to cancel my son’s party (at the door as everyone arrived!) because his brother was sick with what turned into scarlet fever. I took photos of the food table, the activities, and made a scrapbook page entitled “the party that never was!” Thankfully he was young enough he didn’t care at that much and since everyone had their gifts on hand they dropped them off for him and he was happy with new toys. At a different point in time we did have to have our youngest baby once admitted to the hospital for RSV by ambulance with IV/oxygen. It was so scary. So glad she’s feeling better!!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 21, 2019 at 5:34 am

Awww, poor Madeley! Hope she’s feeling better now, that’s all that matters! Lots of love! ❤️✨

• Reply Melissa Terry October 21, 2019 at 5:35 am

Bless her heart!! So glad she’s better and home!

• Reply Lisa October 21, 2019 at 5:41 am

I’m so happy Madeley is better and back at home where she belongs. What an angel you have….she’s a special girl for sure. Take a deep breath, Mama. I’m sure that was scary. Sending love….

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt October 21, 2019 at 5:53 am

She will definitely NEVER forget her 5th birthday for sure!! Glad she’s okay and back at home!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Jenny October 21, 2019 at 5:56 am

This makes me so sad! But I’m happy she’s doing much better. Happy belated birthday Madeley!

• Reply Jennimc October 21, 2019 at 6:00 am

So glad she is doing better! Hoping for a better week for all of you 🙂

• Reply Paula October 21, 2019 at 6:11 am

Sweet girl. Not a fun way to spend 5. But thank God she is well now.
    My son had RSV at 6 months. It snuck up on ys. It is no joke.

• Reply Narci October 21, 2019 at 6:15 am

I’m so glad she is feeling better! So thankful!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims October 21, 2019 at 6:27 am

Happy Birthday, Madeley! You had so many people praying for you this weekend. We are so thankful you are finally feeling better!!!

• Reply Tisha Ward October 21, 2019 at 6:44 am

So glad that she is ok, and they were on top of the RSV.

• Reply Elspeth October 21, 2019 at 7:06 am

Not a fun way to spend a birthday but so happy she is doing better.

• Reply Rachel October 21, 2019 at 7:18 am

What a week you all had! So glad she’s feeling better!

• Reply Erika Slaughter October 21, 2019 at 7:57 am

Slaughters want to party with that FIVE YEAR oLD soon!! So happy she’s feeling much better. ❤️❤️

• Reply Rebecca Jo October 21, 2019 at 8:30 am

That’s a birthday to remember, isn’t it???
    Bless her heart.
    I love the pic of the 2 bigs taking care of their baby sister in the hospital bed. Precious…. & laughing at the loot-raider 🙂

• Reply MelanieL October 21, 2019 at 8:34 am

This will be a birthday to remember! SO glad she’s doing better!

• Reply Debbie October 21, 2019 at 8:48 am

Such a blessing to have your baby well and home again. Happy Birthday to that sweet babe! 🧁🍰🍭🍬💛🎈

• Reply Amy St.Hilaire October 21, 2019 at 8:52 am

Glad Madeley is feeling better!!!

• Reply Deb Weber October 21, 2019 at 8:55 am

Sweet girl! Prayers she continues to feel better every day!!

• Reply Yley Allen October 21, 2019 at 8:59 am

Aww poor thing! But she does look cheerful- hope she’s back to 100% asap.

• Reply Kathy October 21, 2019 at 9:01 am

Sounds like Madeley’s 5th birthday was quite the adventure! So glad she’s doing better and back home!

• Reply Marisa Patel October 21, 2019 at 9:07 am

Her smiles always make me smile. I am so glad that she is better now and I hope that her party turns out to be everything a 5 yr old could want!!!!

• Reply Patricia October 21, 2019 at 9:33 am

She looks so tiny in that hospital bed. Things can always be altered / rescheduled, etc. Health is most important!

• Reply Lynne Thomas October 21, 2019 at 9:36 am

OMG, So sorry for the hospital visit. RSV is no joke. I remember my Sam being diagnosed with this but caught early and he was not hospitalized. I am so happy that she has bounced back!!!

• Reply Sandy Blitch October 21, 2019 at 9:55 am

That is not fair! Poor baby, she was SICK! So glad she is better and got lots of attention and a little party! She seems to be amiable and content in all the pictures. Her Peppa Pig party will be very special!

• Reply janie reinert October 21, 2019 at 10:16 am

So happy Madeley’s feeling better & at home !

• Reply laci October 21, 2019 at 10:23 am

I am so happy Madeley is back home and doing better!

• Reply Katie S. October 21, 2019 at 10:52 am

What a bummer Madeley was sick on her birthday but so glad to hear she is better! Truly nothing worse than a sick baby. Happy Birthday to Madeley!