If you’re looking for a way to use both your air fryer and that frozen shrimp in your freezer, I have your solution! Making crispy shrimp in the air fryer is so easy because it legit only requires two things: olive oil and breadcrumbs (we use g-free, of course!). After, you can assemble a entree salad like I did here or you can enjoy it a variety of other ways too. Popcorn shrimp is one of my kids’ favorite suppers, so popping it in the air fryer is a total lifesaver over here. It’s quick, it’s easy, there’s really no mess and the shrimp comes out perfectly every single time. This isn’t even a recipe, it’s just a simple idea 🙂 .
Happy air frying!Print
Nothing makes crispy shrimp easier than the air fryer!
- 2 bags of frozen shrimp (my favorite come from Trader Joe’s) defrosted overnight in the fridge
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- about a cup or so of your favorite breadcrumbs (we use g-free!)
- your favorite salad toppings, we like a spring mix, cherry tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese or feta and crumbled bacon if we have any on hand with Trader Joe’s Creamy Feta dressing!
- Spray the basket of your air fryer.
- Place all of your defrosted shrimp in one big mixing bowl and drizzle a bit of EVOO on top. Toss the shrimp to make sure they’re all a little coated with EVOO.
- Next, sprinkle over your breadcrumbs lightly toss.
- Pour all of your shrimp into your air fryer basket.
- Close the air fryer drawer, set the temp to 325 degrees and the timer to 16 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, your shrimp is ready to go!
- Serve it any way you like (we love it piled on a salad!).
This is an easy gluten-free supper when you use g-free breadcrumbs.