Andrew and I wanted to make a festive cocktail for you to enjoy this Halloween! We love having these wine/whiskey drinks when we’re out at restaurants and think they always look a little creepy, so deciding what to make was easy…deciding what to call it was really hard. (Oh my word!) I kept saying “Ghost Water” but he kept saying things like “Bloody Zombie Water” and guys, I don’t want to drink anything named that (ewwwwww!). That’s so gross (and kind of funny!) 😉 .
We went round and round until we both finally agreed…he can call it what he wants, but it’s Ghost Water here in blog world 🙂 .
Even if you don’t think you like Irish whiskey, you might really enjoy this one! It’s so delish!!
Cheers to Halloween!!!Print
A spooky good drink to serve at your next Halloween party!
- light corn syrup
- a few tablespoons equal parts sugar and chili powder
- 2 shots Irish whiskey (we use Jameson)
- ½ shot simple syrup (see below)
- 1 splash of lime juice
- 1 shot red wine (we like a dry red)
- Take a small plate and pour a little light corn syrup down on it. Take a second small plate and add your sugar and chili powder (stir together with a spoon). Dip the rim of each of your cocktail glasses first in the corn syrup and then in your sugar-chili mixture. Repeat.
- Next, add a few scoops of ice to each glass (don’t bump the rims) and start building your drink. We like to use a measuring cup for this part: add in your Irish whiskey followed by your simple syrup, and lime juice. Stir together. Pour this down over your ice.
- Finally, take one shot of red wine and slowly pour that on top of your drink. Add a straw and serve.
Simple syrups are easy to make! In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine equal parts sugar and water (I typically use ½ cup each). Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat and allow to boil about two minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using.