It’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus…popcorn that is 🙂 !
We had Hocus Pocus Night at our house the other day, so I decided to make a colorful white chocolate coated popcorn to go along with it. My girls and I used the colors of their clothes in the movie to make a festive (and yummy!) treat to enjoy with our movie. Easy and festive treats just like this are what makes movie nights at home during the fall so much fun. If you’re looking for an easy little recipe for your Halloween, here you go!
An easy little treat to enjoy while watching Hocus Pocus with your family.
- 1 bag of popped popcorn (original variety, not buttery or flavored)
- almond bark or white chocolate candy coating
- purple, orange and green food coloring
- Pop your popcorn per package directions.
- Lay out waxed paper on the counter top for the popcorn to cool.
- Take three bowls and in each bowl, place 2 cubes of almond bark/white chocolate candy coating. Next, add in 3 drops of purple, orange and green coloring in each bowl (so you have three bowls total, all different colors). One bowl at a time, microwave your chocolate in 30 second increments stopping to stir in between each increment. DO NOT OVER HEAT or else it will get clumpy. Once your chocolate is melted (probably after about 90 seconds), immediately, add a third of your popcorn into each bowl and toss until coated. Pour directly on your wax paper and allow to dry (about 10 minutes). Repeat with the other two bowls of white chocolate.
- Once all of your popcorn has cooled, add all of them into one bowl together and toss until mixed. Either serve or store.
Make sure you do not over-cook your chocolate or else it won’t coat the popcorn correctly. I like to add the food coloring before heating instead of after.