‘Tis pumpkin time!
If there is a better marriage than chocolate and pumpkin, I don’t know what it is?
I love this combination so much…and so do my kids. This recipe here was actually Smith’s idea! Kensington, Ashby and I have been in the kitchen making so many loaves of pumpkin bread and muffins that he finally said, where are the brownies?! So, we made some 🙂 . Now, we use Namaste gluten-free flour in our family, but I cannot imagine how regular all-purpose flour wouldn’t substitute beautifully here. These brownies are so delicious, so fall and bonus, only one bowl (so they’re easy too!).
Don’t forget, yesterday, I also shared…
…40 (yes, 40!!) of my Savory & Sweet Pumpkin Recipes for your season too!
Your kitchen is about to smell amazing!!
My Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Brownies are exactly what you need to make this fall. They’re so delicious and so easy too. Your house is going to smell extra yummy as they bake and your family will absolutely love these chocolaty bites!
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (we use Hershey’s unsweetened)
- a pinch of salt (we use Kosher or sea salt)
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour (we use Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (we use Libby’s)
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In one mixing bowl, beat your butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Next, beat in your eggs followed by your baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cocoa, salt and flour. Beat in your pumpkin. Finally, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Pour this batter (it will be thick) into your prepared pan and then pop it in the oven for about 35 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before either slicing and serving or pulling the sides of the foil out to easily remove the whole thing.
We use Namaste gluten-free flour at our house!