Some days, you just shouldn’t reinvent the wheel. Today is one of those days!
Friends, I have had more emails over the last year about my Cheesy Ranch Tacos than any other recipe! Just like our family, your family seems to love them too! Occasionally, I take my original recipe and just skip the shells and add rice to tweak the dinner just a bit. I thought for this Taco Tuesday, if you’re looking for a simple twist on my original tacos, you might like to do it too. Same recipe, different “base”.
Cheesy Ranch Taco Rice
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
I took my original Cheesy Ranch Tacos and gave it a little twist. Same simple supper, new way to serve it!
- about ½ cup of cooked and ready to eat white rice per person
- 1 pound of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 oz) packet of Ranch seasoning (the powdered mix)
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 1 cup of your favorite Ranch dressing (we use Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blended cheese (I like the cheddar/Monterrey Jack combo), divided (reserve some for garnishing)
- chopped green or red onions to garnish
- Make sure you have your cooked and ready to eat white rice ready to go! This recipe moves fast.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO until browned and crumbly. Once browned, stir in salt and pepper, your Ranch seasoning mix, chopped green chiles, Ranch dressing, and ¾ of your shredded cheese.
- Mix everything together and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Next up, serve! Add white rice to each plate and then a dollop of your cheesy ranch mixture on top. Garnish with some more shredded cheese and/or chopped green or red onions.
We double this recipe (sometimes even triple it!) every single time we make it. This is also great as a leftover too! We also use Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine rice as a quick and delicious way to get white rice for the meal.
Taylor R says
We made your cheesy ranch tacos over and over and over again last summer. Looking forward to trying out this sister recipe!