I’m all about easy suppers and simple shortcuts this week, so I thought it was time to share my Lemon Parm Pasta with Chicken recipe with you! Many of you have been making my Lemon Parm Pasta for years. It’s such a great side dish for grilled chicken, steak, fish or a simple (vegetarian!) entrée too.
One way we serve it here is…I buy a rotisserie chicken (or two for my family!) at the grocery store, and I mix that in to make one complete (and easy!) dinner! Add a side of steamed broccoli and dinner is done.
Our simple pasta dish is the perfect (lighter!) option for warmer weather when you still want a noodle, but don’t want the heaviness of a Bolognese. Add a rotisserie chicken (or two!) and dinner is done!
- 1 pound of pasta (we use gluten-free!)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- the zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons of zest and 1/2 cup or so of juice)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 or 2 rotisserie chickens, shredded and deboned
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Drop your pasta and cook to al dente (about 6 minutes or so).
- While your pasta is cooking, take your ready to eat rotisserie chicken(s) and remove the meat. Set aside.
- Drain the water from the pasta and immediately add your other ingredients. Toss in your EVOO, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper and shredded chicken.
- Serve immediately with a little more zest and cheese to garnish.
Our family likes extra chicken, so we use the meat from two rotisserie chickens in this recipe. We also use g-free pasta as well.