If you can’t tell, we’re super into easy pasta recipes at our house. They’re quick, they feed a crowd and my kids love them. We accidentally made this pasta recipe a few weeks ago and since, we’ve intentionally made it over and over again. We were having one of those nights where we were supposed to have been out doing something, but at the last minute, all of our plans were cancelled and we were home. Andrew and I looked in the fridge and pantry to see what we could come up with for dinner and thus, this easy, easy recipe was born.
Easy and delicious for our last day in January. Enjoy! xxPrint
The simplest little pasta recipe. Bonus, if you use gluten-free pasta, it’s gf friendly too!
- 1 pound of kielbasa-style sausage sliced into rounds (we use a turkey sausage)
- 8 Italian-style sausage links sliced into rounds (we use a spicy chicken or turkey sausage but you can use sweet instead)
- about 8 pieces of bacon (we use turkey bacon) chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (we use Trader Joe’s marinara)
- one pound of pasta, cooked to al dente and ready to enjoy
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your sliced kielbasa-style sausage, Italian sausage and chopped bacon in a drizzle of EVOO. Once it starts browning, add in a nice pinch of both salt and pepper followed by your chopped red onion. Allow the onion to sauté about five minutes.
- Next, stir in your spaghetti sauce, reduce heat to low and let everything simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add your ready to eat pasta right to the skillet, toss everything together and add in grated parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!