You guys, it’s almost Independence Day!
If you’re looking for some easy RED,WHITE AND BLUE to add into your day, I’m reshaping an oldie but goodie BUNDT CAKE recipe with you!
It’s easy, it’s delicious, you can tweak it to gluten-free and it’s oh so delicious too.
You guys, it’s almost Independence Day! If you’re looking for some easy RED,WHITE AND BLUE to add into your day, I’m reshaping an oldie but goodie BUNDT CAKE recipe with you! It’s easy, it’s delicious, you can tweak it to gluten-free and it’s oh so delicious too.
1 box of white cake mix (we use gluten-free)
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding (do not prepare, just use the dry mix)
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups water
2 cans vanilla frosting
Red food coloring
Blue food coloring
Red, White and Blue sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mixes, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer. Divide the batter between three bowls.
- In one bowl, add 7-8 drops of red food coloring and stir. In the second bowl, add 4-5 drops of blue food coloring and stir.
- Pour the red cake batter in the prepared bundt pan first. Spread out evenly over bottom of pan.
- Next, pour the white batter over the red and carefully spread it on top.
- Finally, pour the blue batter on top of the red.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting, divide both cans of frosting between three microwavable bowls. Microwave one bowl of white frosting for about 15 seconds. Drizzle frosting over entire cake. Next, microwave another bowl 15 seconds. After it’s microwaved, stir in a few drops of red food coloring. Drizzle red frosting over and around the white frosting. Finally, microwave the third bowl of frosting and then add in your blue food coloring. Drizzle the blue frosting over the red and white.
- Top with sprinkles.
To make this gluten-free, simply swap your traditional cake mix for a gf version!