He is Risen.

Happy Easter weekend, friends!

Of all the holidays, Easter is the most meaningful to me.  On this Good Friday, we remember the sacrifice of Jesus on that cross for our sins and then on Sunday, we recognize that the tomb was empty because He had risen.

My personal relationship with Jesus is THE most important thing in my life.  If you do not know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and have any questions about your faith, my faith, or whatever, please feel free to email me.  I’d be happy to send you a word of encouragement and share a bit about why I put my faith in Jesus Christ.  mixandmatchmama@yahoo.com

If you’re local and are looking for something fun to do this Easter weekend, let me encourage you to visit my church.  We have worship services for the whole family, plus our annual Eggstravaganza this weekend.

I’ve posted many, many times about my faith here on my blog.  You can read my post about finding faith HERE along with a post on my daily quiet time HERE and a post on books you should read HERE.

God bless each and every one of you this Easter weekend.

“Don’t be afraid!  I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He isn’t here!  He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen.” Matthew 28:5-6

Print Friendly
  • Bernadine April 14, 2017 at 4:38 am

Amen! Thank you, Shay!

• Kelly April 14, 2017 at 5:06 am

This post is what the world needs on this day. Thank you for using this platform to share your love of Jesus Christ the Savior! Wishing you and all your beautiful family a wonderful Easter!

• Alexis deZayas April 14, 2017 at 6:26 am

Loving this Shay! Hope sweet Madeley’s first Easter is as sweet as her 🙂

• Sheaffer Sims April 14, 2017 at 6:37 am

Happy Easter, friend! I know your message will reach many today who need to hear it. xoxo

• Jenny April 14, 2017 at 6:39 am

Easter is the most meaningful holiday for me as well. Jesus dying on that cross for MY sins and then rising from the dead overwhelms me! Last weekend, our church here in TX, rented out a theater to watch A Case for Christ. What a powerful movie for any non-believers or anyone who may be questioning the validity of Jesus’ resurrection! Lee Strobel’s story from atheist to believer was beautifully portrayed. Lee is a teaching pastor at our church and he and his wife Leslie had a Q and A session when the movie ended. Real people and a real faith journey. My favorite thing that he said was that it takes more faith to not believe, than it does to believe because of all the facts. May you and your sweet, beautiful family have a blessed Easter weekend!

• April Parrish April 14, 2017 at 6:47 am

I love your blog, but love even more that you boldly speak about your faith!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter celebrating our Risen Savior!!!

• Anonymous April 14, 2017 at 6:54 am

Shay- you have such a beautiful way the words and I love reading about your family life. While I am not a Christian, I admire your faithfulness, and most of all, I applaud the kindness, thankfulness and chairity that you encourage through your blog. I do have a question for you- do you have non-Christian friends? Do your children have non-Christian friends? It seems that your friends who you link up with on here all seem to shar the same faith structure as you. My group of friends is pretty eclectic- one of my best friends is a southern baptist, one is episcopalian, one is catholic,one is an atheist, and two are Jewish. We have wonderful discussions about God, as well as politics,marriage, parenting, mental health, etc. I really value the fact that we all come from different places, and my friends are constantly challenging me to look at things through a different lens. I just wondered how you reconcile non-Christians, and if you ultimately believe that all people should be Christian. This is one of the facets of Christianity that I struggle with most. I love and respect my friends’ faith structures so much. I would never want or ask them to change.

• Mix and Match Mama April 14, 2017 at 7:00 am

Yup, they just don’t have blogs :). One of my really good friends is Mormon and another is Hindu. I met most of my very best friends at church (so, that’s why we all share the same faith…we met at church!), but yes, I have a very eclectic group of friends too. I think I’m speaking for them too when I say, we love each other for who we are. We know we have our differences, but that isn’t something we spend much time on because that’s not why we are/aren’t friends. We’re friends for so many other reasons.

• Beth Miller April 14, 2017 at 7:03 am

The words from She Reads Truth were amazing today. I encourage everyone to read no matter where you are in your faith walk. http://shereadstruth.com/2017/04/14/final-judgment-and-joyous-restoration-good-friday/

And this video brought me to tears. Planning to show it to my girls this morning. https://youtu.be/8gx6_rGLz20

• Brooke April 14, 2017 at 7:25 am

I lit up when I saw today’s post! Thank you for sharing your faith it has really helped me. I’ve been a Christian for a couple years now and your testimony and example have been a huge impact for me. Easter has become my favorite holiday it is so very special. Blessings to you and your family!

• Erika Slaughter April 14, 2017 at 7:47 am

YES!! Happy Easter! Love you, friend.

• Narci Dreffs April 14, 2017 at 7:55 am

Love this! Great post, friend! Xo

• Susy April 14, 2017 at 7:58 am

He is risen indeed!

• MelanieL April 14, 2017 at 8:40 am

He Is Risen Indeed! Thank you for being a light in this world, have a wonderful Easter!

• Amanda @ That Inspired Chick April 14, 2017 at 8:48 am

Happy Easter, friend!! Love this post!!

That Inspired Chick

• Lauren April 14, 2017 at 9:00 am

Have a very blessed Easter, to all of you!! Madely’s first Easter with y’all. So sweet!

• Barbara parnell April 14, 2017 at 9:36 am

Madely’s first Easter! How much fun is she going to have???!!! Enjoy!

• Marti April 14, 2017 at 9:37 am

Thank you for not being afraid to talk about your faith. Our relationship with Jesus is THE most important relationship we can have on this earth. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t realize that fact. 🙁 Keep on shining your light!

• Angela Ellingson April 14, 2017 at 9:56 am

Thank you Jesus. You are such an encouragement, Shay. Blessings to your family this Easter!! 🙂

• Kendra April 14, 2017 at 9:59 am

Happy Easter! There is something so special about you and I think it is your love for christ! It shines through you and I just love it! I feel just like you and couldn’t imagine life without Jesus! Praying for those that are seeking him to find him this Easter! Sending hugs from a far!

• Lesley April 14, 2017 at 10:00 am

He is Risen Indeed! Happy Easter!

• Amanda Wilson April 14, 2017 at 10:12 am

Just another reason I love this blog!!! My faith in Jesus is THE most important thing in my life to!!! And guess what all the love and happiness we have we owe to him!! I am so so so thankful for Easter and the redemptive amazing love shown to me!! Alleluia!!!!

• Whitney Pegram April 14, 2017 at 10:41 am

Love this so much! Happy Easter!!

• Sascha April 14, 2017 at 11:24 am

Happy Easter to you and your family! He is Risen!

• Romi Q April 14, 2017 at 11:41 am

Happy Easter, to you and your family. I was one who emailed you long ago and you helped me grow in faith. Thank you for that and for your continued testament of faith in Jesus. Amen!

• Bev April 14, 2017 at 11:51 am

God bless you Shay! I love, love, love your blog! You are amazing… always seem to have it all together!!! Hope you have a Happy Easter! He is risen!

• Laurie S April 14, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Happy Easter, Shay and family! Hallelujah, He Arose!

• Kimberly Penson April 14, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Bless you for your continued example of Christian living. You are such an inspiration to me and many others. Thanks you for sharing your life and journey with us. May God bless you.

• Patty April 14, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Amen…He is THE most important person in my world, too! He is risen indeed!

• Erin Port April 14, 2017 at 11:11 pm

What a gift He offers and one we can boldly proclaim and share!!!! Because of Him we live! Thanks for all you do to spread the gospel and love it out beautifully.

• Lindsay D April 15, 2017 at 9:19 am

Amen!!

• Detroit Duchess April 15, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Happy Easter!

• Bethany April 16, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Because He lives I can face tomorrow!

Because He lives YOU can face tomorrow!

Mark 16:6 the angel said:

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

Happy Easter!