Is that a boy or a girl??? I just don’t know! Not finding out your baby’s gender is oh so much fun (I know…most of my friends think we’re crazy) but it’s really a blast. So, what is my mother’s intuition telling me…I think it’s a girl. Let me break down my totally scientific, expert pieces of information that made me come to this conclusion…
1. The poll I put on my blog is basically 50/50 so that’s no help (trust me, I know it says boy a few more times than girl, but my mom voted for boy at least 8 times…don’t lie mom…I know you did)
2. My sweet friends like Erika have commented regularly that I haven’t gained as much weight in my face this time around (or neck or butt…)…meaning it has to be the opposite sex then last time.
3. At Kensington’s well-visit, 8 nurses lined up and looked at my stomach, then one nurse said on the count of three they had to verbally say the sex of my baby…all 8 said boy on three…all 8.
4. My entire family thinks it’s a boy. But if you recall, last time, 10 out of 13 said boy…and we have a girl.
5. My mom is really helpful because she says it’s a boy…however, she said Kensington was a boy, I was a boy, my brother Sean was a boy and my cousin Brandon was a boy…basically my mom thinks all women are having boys.
6. When I was at Kroger yesterday, the lady checking me out said that I was carrying rather high, which means it’s a boy. However, the lady that works at the popcorn store I frequent says I’m carrying rather high, which means it’s a girl.
7. I threw up with Kensington until week 21 and this baby until week 19…both a long time to be sick when pregnant.
8. Dawn who works for us, says that girls suck the life out of their pregnant mommies and boys make their mommies glow. Based on point number 7, I’m thinking girl because I sure wasn’t glowing those 19 weeks.
9. Andrew says it’s a girl. At night, he prays for Kensington and _____ (like I would actually type her name). The last time around, he prayed every night for Kensington. I kept telling him he might want to throw a prayer out for baby boy but he said it was a girl…I was pregnant with Kensington…and he was right.
10. I just found out yesterday that my 5th friend is having a boy this spring. That’s FIVE boys coming to McKinney, TX next spring…surely God is going to start balancing those boys out with some girls…beginning with Shull baby girl number 2???? It’s just hard for me to believe that me and 5 friends would all have boys around the same time.
So, that’s my reasoning…I know…very scientific! I guess we’ll have to just wait one more month to find out if I’m right or not. I have two bags in the baby’s nursery…one for a little girl and one for a little boy. (Both bags with their receipts for easy exchanges and/or returns). Which bag will I be pulling from on January 18????? Only God (and yes, Dr. Riegel) know. Stay tuned to find out!