On Sunday morning, we packed up and flew to LA to see the live tapings of Dancing With The Stars. My parents and grandparents went too…and we had so much fun!
At the airport ready to go!
I love my little travelers 🙂
My sweet rambunctious three year old boy stayed just like this the entire 3 hour flight (don’t worry…I will do a Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Traveling post!).
We got to LA, checked into our hotel and then went down to the Grove to shop and eat. My kids look so impressed, right?!
We ate dinner at the really cool market there…pizza perked Smith up!
Kensington playing with her little friends
I love my dad!
And I love him too!
Uncle Seanie and Catherine came out to meet us! We’ve missed him!!
Me and C (and random Sean in the background)
On Monday morning, we headed down to Grauman’s Chinese Theater to see the hand prints (and some cool super heroes!).
Checking it all out!
Kensington’s hand in little Shirley Temple’s hand print 🙂
Love my girl!
And my boy!
Do you see how cute K’s lace leggings are?!?! They’re from my new sponsor Lovely Lace Leggings. I am officially O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with them!
And her super cute dress! It is from Vann and Liv…another new sponsor and such a great place for adorable children’s clothing.
Frank Sinatra’s hand prints…I love me some Sinatra!
On our way out, we ran into a lot of friends!
We walked on the Hollywood Stars
And then we headed to Rodeo Drive…look what’s behind us, Villa Blanca!
Another shot of Villa Blanca…we didn’t eat there because we had the kids (and it’s not exactly kid friendly) but it was neat just to see it.
We window shopped down Rodeo Drive and even saw Maggie Gyllenhaal (twice!). We had a lot of fun!
The only picture I have from night one of DWTS…everyone is searched for cameras and cell phones before entering the studio, so I wasn’t able to take any pictures of us actually there at DWTS. Which totally stinks because I saw so many cool people I wanted pics with! Here are some details about DWTS from night one:
1. I thought the actual stage and dance floor seemed much smaller in person.
2. If you’re a guest of a “star”, then your name was on your chair…so, this made it really easy to see which celebrities were there or about to be there. And crazy enough…my name was on a chair!
3. We sat right in front of the entire cast of Vanderpump Rules (minus Scheana) and Brandi Glanville. They were of course there to cheer for Lisa Vanderpump.
4. Ken, Pandora, Jason and Giggy were sitting behind us too…Ken could not have been nicer! I love, love, love them on their shows and they did not disappoint (so sad I didn’t have my camera!).
5. Just right next to us, were all of Andy Dick’s friends from his former sitcom Less Than Perfect (Sara Rue, Eric Roberts, Sherri Shepard, Zach Levi and Patrick Warburton)
6. My favorite professional dancers to watch in person were Karina and Val…they had so much energy and were really fun to watch!
7. We had great seats to see Sean and Peta!
8. After the show, we headed to Sean’s trailer to say hi…each star has their own little trailer out back.
9. As I was leaving, I met Lisa Vanderpump. I am a total Real Housewives of Beverly Hills junkie, so meeting her was probably the highlight of my trip. She was just as beautiful, sweet and lovely as I had hoped.
10. We got back to the hotel and crashed for the night…it’s hard work being an audience member ;).
The next morning, we headed off to Universal City for some shopping and lunch. My little ducks in a row :).
My dad…wearing a Red Sox shirt (of course!).
Me and Mom
Grandmother, Me and Mom
Kensington always has time to stop and smell the flowers 🙂
And on night 2 of DWTS, we were able to sneak one picture of us with Ken Todd. So much fun!
Sweet Kensington up and ready to go home yesterday morning. Her cute little outfit is another Vann and Liv. As much fun as we had in LA, we wouldn’t trade our simple little life in Texas for anything. We missed our friends, we missed our home (yes, the rent house feels like home now!) and we missed our silly little dog.
Now, today on my foodie blog, I am giving away a copy of Six Sisters Stuff new cookbook! Click here for a chance to win!
And you have one more day to enter to win a $30 Nordstrom gift card from my Fifty Two Shades of Shay: Makeup edition. All you have to do is like me on Face Book to be entered. I will announce the winner tomorrow morning.
Sheaffer is up to her hysterical antics over at her DWTS Told Me To post…if you haven’t read it, you’re missing out! Read it now!
And if you liked Kensington’s Lovely Lace Leggings, check out their site. They are just so adorable and they fit girls of all ages.
And for the Vann and Liv dresses and other adorable children’s clothes, click here. You will be seeing Kensington in a lot of Vann and Liv this season…I am in love with them!
Happy Thursday everyone!