Here are some things about Smith at five:
1. He is a talker…goodness, he can talk! He always starts his conversations with, “mom, can I ask you something?”.
2. He is a thinker! Smith totally gets that from the Shull side of the family (every single one of them is an engineer). He asks a gazillion questions…good questions, smart questions, deep questions. And he loves talking about God and Jesus. He loves learning things from the Bible. He never stops thinking.
3. He is going to grow up and play baseball for the Yankees (at which point, I might have to cheer for them myself). He says he will buy me an apartment in New York so that I can watch all of his games :).
4. He discovered hunting this year and it’s his new favorite thing. Andrew and Smith are into camping, hunting and target practice. They’re two peas in a pod.
5. When he grows up, he says he wants “shedding dogs” to live in his house. He says that because our dog doesn’t shed and Uncle Sean’s do and he wants dogs like Sean’s (a lab and a boxer). He says he’s naming one Sheds (obviously) and one Chicken (not quite so obvious…).
6. He will do anything if it means Kensington will play with him. He will play with Barbies, he will play house, he will hold a baby doll, he will do ANYTHING if it means she’ll play too. He loves playing with Kensington (and sometimes, she’ll let him play something not too girly…). He prefers super heroes, Ninja Turtles, Legos and any sort of ball/sword/shield thing he can find…but he will sacrifice if it means K will play.
7. He was meant to be a big brother. Having Ashby in our family now has really brought out this gentle and sweet side of Smith. He is so kind and loving to his little sister and he loves playing with her too! He has already proven himself such a great big brother!