Today, I’m linking up with my friends Andrea, Erika and Narci and sharing our favorite things on this Friday.
It’s an extra fabulous Friday Favorites because I’m doing a little giveaway…which leads me to Favorite #1…
I’m giving away a $100 Erin Condren gift card to one lucky winner!
With this gift card, you can buy whatever you like off of her fabulous site…but if it were me, I’d get a Life Planner plus some extra goodies. My Life Planner came last week and I’m in love!!
This year, they have a new “square” photo front (which is perfect for Instagram pictures!). Isn’t it just so happy?!? I’ve always had pics of my family on the front of mine but this version just might be my favorite (there are so many options for covers…seriously, a bazillion options!).
A few weeks ago when these planners came out, some of you asked to see inside of mine. I found a page in my last one (above) that I could show you and then from my new one (below).
I typically write a lot more inside of mine…but you know, that’s kind of personal, so I didn’t want to put it on my blog ;). I picked two pages that were pretty blank so that you can see. I write down every little detail plus cute things my kids say or do and other stuff. I also add stickers to mine. The planner is already happy…but when I add extra stickers, it really makes my little ole self feel even happier ;).
In the back of each planner are blank pages…
…and I love these pages too! I use a sheet for each kids’ birthday parties, for my Christmas party, I write down every Christmas gift I buy back here…seriously, my life is in this planner.
So, enter the Rafflecopter below and maybe you’ll win! If not, you should totally check out Erin’s site and look around. Three years and counting and I promise you…this planner is all I use.
I also wanted to share a favorite from a reader of mine. Sweet Tiffany sent me the link to her and her daughters’ stamp jewelry site and I thought I would share…
…so pretty, right? If you look at Tiffany’s FB page, you’ll see that they stamp a variety of things from charms to bottle openers and more!
Many of you asked for more details about our stay in Mexico. I guess I came home in such a relaxed and chill mode that I breezed right over that for ya. I’ve updated the post with my thoughts on this particular resort but I’ll add them here too so you don’t have to click over…
Several friends told us to stay at the El Dorado Casitas Royale in Riviera Maya, so that’s what we did. Some basic facts:
1. It was only an hour and 45 minute flight from Dallas to Cancun.
2. Once in Cancun, it only took about 18 to 20 minutes to drive from the airport to the resort. It was a really easy drive straight down the highway from the airport to the resort.
3. You can purchase transfers from the hotel before you go so that when you arrive, a van or car is waiting to take you there and you don’t have to use a cab.
What we loved about the resort:
1. Friendly staff that was very helpful!
2. Our room was very nice, clean, comfortable with all of the modern amenities you would expect from a nice hotel.
3. This is an all-inclusive that is known for their spa and food…and they were both excellent.
4. There were a wide variety of restaurants to choose from plus cafes, bars, and room service. The portions were small, but it was all you can eat everywhere you went. I really enjoyed every meal I ate.
5. I thought the spa was very nice and affordable. They offered a wide variety of spa services with a very knowledgeable staff. As far as spa prices go, I think it was moderately priced.
6. They made transportation around the expansive resort easy with drivers that were located throughout that would take you places on golf carts free of charge. If you didn’t want to walk, there was always a driver nearby that would assist you.
Things I didn’t really love:
1. We ordered room service for breakfast both mornings we were there and it took forever. The first morning, it took almost an hour and the second morning…it took 2.5 hours (YES!).
2. I hate to say this…but it wasn’t the prettiest beach. The resort and pools were gorgeous but the actual beach and oceanfront was less than desirable (not white sandy beaches). We overheard several people grumbling the same thing. My kids would have been very disappointed. (And I know time of year and weather conditions play a factor…so it could be more clear and prettier other times.)
3. Andrew and I enjoy water sports and they weren’t easily accessible. When I go to the beach, I want to be able to walk right out and paddle board, snorkel or use a jet ski, but it wasn’t convenient.
So, there you have it! Would I go back? Yes! For a weekend, it was a great pick for us because of it’s convenience. We really just wanted a nice pool to sit by with good food and a massage…and this resort scored all three.
I hope this helps answer any of your questions!
Do you guys know who Samantha Brown is? I’ve always wanted her job…
…sigh. Traveling around the world and reporting back on the Travel Channel. That would be a sweet gig :).
If you missed my July 4th recipe roundup, you can see it here. Everything is red, white, blue and delicious!
I received this email this week from Laura…
She’s referring to this shirt…
…it’s still on sale for only $12.90! It comes in a variety of stripes and solids. Best deal of the summer! And even though they’re not on sale today…I still love my Converse too :).
I mentioned on Wednesday that I’ve been making homemade popsicles with these crazy kids of mine and several of you wanted to know which molds we used.
Last summer, I bought a Zoku and really didn’t use it very often because it was hard getting them out and hard to clean. If you have Zoku tips, I would LOVE them! So, this year, I bought these Norpro molds off of Amazon and have already used them several times. They are really easy to use, freeze and wash. I’m going to share our favorite combinations soon but for now, here are my favorite tips (gathered from the Amazon reviews and applied myself)…
1. Spray the inside of the molds with cooking spray.
2. Don’t fill the molds to the top with liquid (allow about an inch).
3. Wait 45 minutes after they’ve been in the freezer before inserting the wooden sticks.
4. I think freezing them at least 7 hours is ideal (if you remove them too soon, they get stuck).
5. run the bottom of the mold under very hot water for about 30 seconds and then the popsicles slide right out.
This has been such a fun little thing to do with my kiddos! They have gone bananas for weird combinations and creating. Love, love, love!
On your grill this weekend (to go with your homemade popsicles!)…
Happy Friday friends!
Don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win the $100 Erin Condren gift card!