2. Volunteer at school. This year, I’m volunteering every Friday morning and then on some Mondays too. I love that I get to walk the kiddos to school on Fridays and then go inside with them to volunteer. I’m going to commit to keep this goal for the rest of the year. (Bonus, their school makes it really convenient for bringing siblings, so Ashby has been helping too!)
3. Host dinner for one family. We invited the McAnallys over for dinner this month :). I love having those five over! We laughed, we talked, we watched the craziness fly by as the six kids ran around…it was so much fun!
4. Clean, sort and donate clothes. Done. Whew. That’s always a lot of work but good to do!
5. Visit the eye doctor. Did it! I went in and had my first full eye exam. My doctor said that at this time, I don’t need glasses (woohoo!). He said probably the two exams that my general physician performed weren’t exactly correct (because I failed both of those). I’m super glad that I went and now…I need to take my kids.
…this made me smile :).
I went back and rounded up some of my favorite things from months past for this month. Happy (almost!) October!
1. Write notes of encouragement. I know there are people in my life that could use a little bit of encouragement…maybe a Bible verse or quote too. I’m going to really make an effort to send some notes this month.
2. Have 3 special nights each week. This idea came from one of you guys and over the summer, we did a great job maintaining this every week…but in September, we failed. Between baseball games and dance on some evenings, we did not have our special time. This month, on Mondays, it will be Kensington’s turn, Tuesday is Smith and Wednesday is Ashby. The two other kids will go to bed at their normal time and then the “special” kid gets to stay up 30 minutes later and Andrew and I will do whatever that kiddo wants. Sometimes we craft, sometimes, we read books, we play lots of games and other stuff too. ‘Tis the month of special time!
3. Watch extra kids. I am going to volunteer to watch some extra kiddos this month for my friends. During the day, it’s easy for me to watch a kid or two while my friends run an errand/visit the doctor/go to an appointment or whatnot.
4. Have another skin check. Every six months, I’m getting a skin check! If you haven’t had one in a while, make your appointment too! Ain’t no one want to mess around with skin cancer.
5. Pray more for others. My prayer post over the summer was my favorite post to date. I was so overwhelmed by the people who both needed prayer and who stepped up to pray. I really can’t even articulate how moved I was by the entire thing. This month, if you need prayer, please comment. I know so many of you out there would love to pray over these requests with me. I’m praying for you ladies. I don’t know what’s going on in your lives, but I know that I would love to pray for you.
One last thing…we’re also going to check several things off of our fall bucket list this month too :).
Dinner tonight should be on your October goals…
I’m not quite sure you could make anything more family friendly. Your fam is going to LOVE this!
Don’t forget that What’s Up Wednesday is TOMORROW!