Life lately.

Here’s a little life lately for your Thursday…

…the two littles both wanted/needed haircuts.  Ashby wanted her hair shorter, and Miss Madeley had never had a haircut in her almost four years, so we thought it was time for a little trim.  Here they are “before”…

…and the back side view.

Now, here they are after…

…and then the back view…

…where Madeley looks like she’s being arrested.  Hahahahaha!

We are SO THANKFUL school is over!!  My kiddos are one week into summer and LOVIN’ life!

Look at Smith on the first day of school and then the last.  He’s grown so much!  Speaking of growing…

…Miss Kensington has too!

They had fantastic years, but they are sure happy to be out right now.  Look out 3rd and 4th grades, they’ll be back!

At my house, there are always princesses/queens running around.  Like Elsa…

…or Cinderella.

A girl and her dog.  And bubbles.

She’s so happy.

This pic was on my phone.  Smith took it at dinner this past weekend.  This is us.  All the time.

We nailed the first day of summer!  All day by the pool.  Bam.

It’s never dull at our house.  Sometimes, I think we live at the zoo.  This past week, we’ve had a snake, a hawk and a turtle.  If your kids want to see wildlife…send them over.

That’s life lately. xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog June 14, 2018 at 4:39 am

It’s so cute how the girls want haircuts! When I was young, I hated them, haha! 🙂

• Reply Sheaffer Sims June 14, 2018 at 5:49 am

So much fun getting to hang with your littles yesterday! I mean, the bigs were just running around, but I loved getting to love on the littles! 🙂

• Reply Erika Slaughter June 14, 2018 at 6:04 am

Speaking of growing up, that haircut made Ashby look 12!!!

• Reply Narci Dreffs June 14, 2018 at 6:16 am

Aw!! Kensington and Smith’s last day pics are so sweet, and I love the little girls’ haircuts! How precious!!! What a great life lately!

• Reply Suz June 14, 2018 at 6:16 am

I love these posts Shay. It’s the little things that are fun to remember 😊 I notice you don’t have a pool fence. In Australia they are required. How do you manage the kids playing outside and staying water safe?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 14, 2018 at 6:26 am

Our yard is fenced. That’s what’s required here. The kiddos don’t play outside without adult supervision. Between the pool, the creek and ALL the animals (coyotes, snakes, armadillos, hawks, etc), it’s just safer with a grownup around.

• Reply Elspeth Mizner June 14, 2018 at 6:36 am

So happy your kids are having a great start to summer! Looks so fun over there!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams June 14, 2018 at 7:01 am

Summer months really are the best! The girls look so cute with their haircuts 🙂 I always like seeing beginning of the year photos and end of the year photos. It’s crazy how much K & S changed in those short months.
    xo

• Reply Elizabeth June 14, 2018 at 7:11 am

Wow! I cannot believe how much Smith and Kensington have grown. They look so different! I bet you guys have such a fun summer planned. I wish that I could take a break from work for the entire summer and have all the pool days like you guys do!

• Reply Bethany June 14, 2018 at 7:25 am

I’d love to know where the girls’ darling dresses are from!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 14, 2018 at 8:35 am

Matilda Jane!!

• Reply Bethany June 14, 2018 at 8:44 am

I thought so! Thanks!!

• Reply Angela Ellingson June 14, 2018 at 7:26 am

Such a sweet life lately. ❤️

• Reply Kelly June 14, 2018 at 7:37 am

What a great start to summer! I love how much you enjoy your family. I have so many fond memories of when my children were these ages. Some of the sweetest years:).

• Reply Stacey June 14, 2018 at 7:44 am

did your friend meghan get to keep violet?

• Reply DANIELLE K RIGG June 14, 2018 at 7:52 am

Enjoy your summer!!!!

• Reply Tracy June 14, 2018 at 8:12 am

The girls’ haircuts are darling. Sounds like you’ve had a good start to summer! Minus the snake! I’m not familiar with the kinds you have there. Harmless or not? How have you taught your kids to deal with them when they come across one?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 14, 2018 at 8:34 am

We have both…but in my opinion, all snakes are harmful. Hahahaha! They do a great job of watching out for them and then if they do see one, they know how to proceed. Me? I run screaming.

• Reply Tracy June 14, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Ha! I agree with you and would run screaming as well!

• Reply Laurie S June 14, 2018 at 8:13 am

Love your pics and updates. Was wondering how your friends The Ruses were doing regarding Violet’s adoption situation… any updates? They are in my thoughts

• Reply Ella June 14, 2018 at 8:56 am

Kensington has got to be the sweetest. Look at her running in the yard with her strawberry dress.

• Reply Marla June 14, 2018 at 10:21 am

This is off topic but have you read the children’s book You Belong Here by MH Clark? It’s a beautiful little story with a heartfelt message that is appropriate for all children but I think it reads especially meaningful for families blessed by adoption. Just wanted to share. Love your posts!

• Reply Karen Ivy June 14, 2018 at 10:58 am

Favorite type of posts!! Thanks for the window in your world, Shay!

• Reply Talia June 14, 2018 at 11:01 am

Your family is darling! EEK on the snakes! #soscaredofsnakes 🙁

• Reply Baylee June 14, 2018 at 11:07 am

Hi Shay! Your girls look adorable with the new haircuts! I just recently moved to McKinney and it is HOT so I don’t blame them for wanting a shorter ‘do ;). Also- random question! Do you have a nail salon nearby that you recommend? I’m getting married soon and want to make sure I find a good place before then! Thanks so much!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 14, 2018 at 2:37 pm

I love Serenity Nails next door to Market Street. They’re so nice there!

• Reply Kathy Roe June 14, 2018 at 11:43 am

Your house sounds like a fun place to be! Love the haircuts. It makes Ashby look so much more grown up.

• Reply GAIL June 14, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I’m with you – I lived on a canyon in San Diego and saw more than my share of rattlesnakes – yipes!! The only good snake is a dead snake!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 14, 2018 at 2:37 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Gail!

• Reply Michelle Carnes June 14, 2018 at 3:07 pm

OMG…. they are all so adorable! Smith has your exact smile in the “after” photo….too cute!!

• Reply Carly June 14, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I just love these posts, your days always seem to make me happy. Thank you for sharing. I love the haircuts, Ashby looks so grown up . I cant believe how thick Madeley’s hair looks, I remember when she came home how much thinner it was. Have a wonderful weekend Shulls!

• Reply Sue June 14, 2018 at 5:10 pm

Do you put your RetinA all over your face or only on blemishes?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 15, 2018 at 5:44 am

All over!

• Reply Rebecca Jo June 15, 2018 at 11:18 am

Those hair cuts! how stinkin’ cute!!!!! You just have the cutest kiddos!!!