Life lately.

It’s Friday Eve!

This has always been my favorite day of the week 🙂 .  I like the anticipation of the weekend!

Here’s a little look at life lately…which is all making me wish for summer again.  I’m in that weird in between spot where it’s not quite fall, but we’re living our “fall routine”.  I need to put my pumpkins out soon to inspire me 🙂 .

, Life lately.

Snuggle buddies in the morning.

, Life lately.

The Monday before school started, I took them to see Christopher Robin.  Everyone but Madeley loved it.  It was too slow/too much talking/not enough Pooh for her liking.

, Life lately.

They love sleeping in our room for special occasions or on Friday nights 🙂 .

, Life lately.

Did you see my post yesterday???  I made my first Instant Pot meal!  I reviewed the whole experience HERE.

, Life lately.

We had dinner with several families from church last week.  These three are now in kindergarten!!!  How did that happen?!

, Life lately.

We celebrated Frenchie’s birthday in a BIG way!  Kensington had saved up her money to get her something from the pet store.  She opted for two costumes.  One for Halloween and one…

, Life lately.

…for every day life.  Ha!

, Life lately.

Kensington is already in the fall mood.  She has made three batches of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins in the last two weeks.  You can find the easy recipe HERE.

, Life lately.

Frenchie is the sweetest dog!

, Life lately.

Last day of summer!  We spent it poolside with friends.

, Life lately.

Smith and Madeley…my heart.

, Life lately.

On Saturday night, we ate Italian food per the kids’ request to celebrate our last non-school night.

, Life lately.

It was a fun dinner to end summer 🙂 .

, Life lately.

This week, Madeley and I have had so much fun.  We miss the big kids, but we’re enjoying our one on one time together.

, Life lately.

Building a tower is better with your friend by your side 🙂 .

That’s life lately. xo

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 23, 2018 at 4:46 am

Thursday’s my favourite day of the week too, Shay! I also call it “Friday Eve” 🙂 I always feel happier than Thursdays than on Sundays haha!

• Erika Slaughter August 23, 2018 at 5:06 am

Frenchie in that princess costume is hilarious!! Great pick, K!

• Amanda August 23, 2018 at 5:27 am

Hi Shay! You mentioned Circle E candles the other day (in the comments I think?). Do you have any favorite scents?

• Mix and Match Mama August 23, 2018 at 5:58 am

Country Morning (their pumpkin spice scent) and Apple Strudel! I really love so many of their scents though!

• Melissa August 23, 2018 at 6:32 am

Are they soy candles? I recently realized that typical candles release toxins that trigger asthma and other horrible symptoms (headaches, nausea, etc). Read more articles after that.

• Mix and Match Mama August 23, 2018 at 7:22 am

They are not!

• Elspeth Mizner August 23, 2018 at 5:42 am

I love your life lately posts! So fun!

• Sheaffer Sims August 23, 2018 at 5:48 am

That instastory of Madeley doing yoga was one of the cutest things I’ve seen in a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time!

• Robin August 23, 2018 at 5:51 am

I noticed you have new furniture in your living room, would love a post about your updates!

• Alexis deZayas August 23, 2018 at 5:57 am

These are some of my favorite posts! Can’t wait to start seeing pumpkins in your photos 🙂

• Sarah Shaneyfelt August 23, 2018 at 5:58 am

I love this! Love that Kensington loves cooking just like her Mom! So precious!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Narci August 23, 2018 at 6:07 am

Oh, Kensington celebrating Frenchie’s birthday is just the cutest thing ever! How sweet!

• Lori S H August 23, 2018 at 6:21 am

I just loved watching Madely do the yoga video. I just sent my boys off to college, and am having a rough week, and needed some good humor! She was actually really good at it too! : )

• Angela Ellingson August 23, 2018 at 7:13 am

Baker Kensington is so adorable! Bring on fall!

• Morgan Godbold August 23, 2018 at 7:45 am

I’m like you! It’s becoming fall routine and I need the pumpkins out to feel like it! Last night I started! My goal is to have it done before college football starts!

• Brooke Richardson August 23, 2018 at 7:50 am

I’ve been sneaking some pumpkins in already in my decor. Hehe.

• Nancy Belfeld August 23, 2018 at 8:08 am

Madely is just a little doll baby! You are so blessed !

• Rebecca Jo August 23, 2018 at 8:31 am

Your Kensington is inspiring me to start baking too 🙂
    I just love Miss Madeley & those smiles of hers. I always think of those first GOTCHA moments when you got your girls & those scared & nervous faces… & now, you cant wash the smiles off of them 🙂

• Darcy Sexson August 23, 2018 at 8:48 am

Those costumes are so fun!

• Bri August 23, 2018 at 9:02 am

So sweet. 🙂

• Laura Reimer August 23, 2018 at 9:21 am

I read your post every morning. It’s just fun and I love the recipes and such. I have been thinking about your post yesterday on Insta pot experience (and personally having grown up with a mom who used the old-fashioned stove top pressure cooker..and being warned repeatedly to stay away from it since she had read where it could blow your arm off and I was, as a child, terrified and never could understand why we were using such a dangerous thing to make dinner….) and I wanted to tell you that the simple fact that you were so honest about the whole thing just made all your other blogs “believable”…if that makes sense. It’s so easy for people to create a persona on the internet and yet we crave authentic people. For some reason that post just encourage me to be real and honest in the things I write and post because it matters. Thanks for your commitment to post daily – you are a fund part of my morning routine

• Laura Reimer August 23, 2018 at 9:28 am

I loved your Instant Pot review yesterday. So honest! It was refreshing. I love stopping by here every morning – like a quick chat with a good friend. Thank you for consistency in posting and being real. It matters much <3 My mom used the pressure cookers back in the day when they were considered weapons of mass destruction. I was terrified of them so have not even considered purchasing these new ones…old associations persist <3

• Laura Reimer August 23, 2018 at 12:36 pm

lol…nothing like over-stating a comment…sigh…thanks Shay…you are sweet <3

• Emily August 23, 2018 at 9:44 am

Just seeing those toys in a plastic bin makes me want to start organizing but never seem to find the time. I know you’ve posted about declutterung etc before but I would love to see pics of your linen closets, garage, toy storage, kids closets to get some ideas!

• Amy August 23, 2018 at 9:50 am

I know you’re set for August books but I just read and think you’d like “How to Walk Away” by Katherine Center 😉

• Mary Wilson August 23, 2018 at 10:05 am

What kind of scooter is that Madeley is riding on and do y’all like it?

• Mix and Match Mama August 23, 2018 at 12:27 pm

I don’t know?? She just pushes it around, but Ashby likes riding it!

• Alicia August 23, 2018 at 10:07 am

Until this school year, my two youngest were at a school that was four days a week and made me love Thursdays even more. I loved not having school on Friday and having an extra long weekend. I’ll miss it. Sure looks like things are going well and your kids are growing up so fast. My youngest are in fourth grade also. I had to laugh about your instant pot story because mine is still in the box. Have a great rest of the week.

• Christa Richards August 23, 2018 at 10:12 am

Ashby is just the cutest with her missing two front teeth! We have a Coton too! BEST dog ever! They are so full of personality and are a great breed for kids. 🙂

• Amanda @ That Inspired Chick August 23, 2018 at 10:22 am

So many cute pictures! Madeley’s bed head is my fave. haha.
    That Inspired Chick

• Norma August 23, 2018 at 10:35 am

Where did you purchase the rug in the last picture? Love it!!

• Mix and Match Mama August 23, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Pottery Barn 🙂

• Sarah D. August 23, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Hi Shay!

Do you happen to recall from where you got the table that is behind your couch in the last picture? With your sweet Madeley! 🙂

Sarah

• Mix and Match Mama August 23, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Restoration Hardware!

• Carol August 23, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Like you I am ready for fall, football, and all things pumpkin. Yes, I already have a sweet cinnamon pumpkin scented candle out. I normally use the bath & body candles, but I am wanting to try some others also this year. Do you have any favorites that you could share? Thanks!

• Mix and Match Mama August 24, 2018 at 5:37 am

I love the BBW candles! Circle E Candles are my fave though! Try their Country Morning scent.

• gina August 23, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Are those nickel and suede earrings? If so what size did you order? Love them!

• Mix and Match Mama August 24, 2018 at 5:36 am

Yes! And I always order the “small” size.

• Leslie August 24, 2018 at 6:39 am

Hi Shay! Where are the girls yellow floral dresses from? Sooo cute? And I know your girls love nightgowns too- where do you buy those? Thank you!
    Leslie

• Mix and Match Mama August 24, 2018 at 7:04 am

Dresses are almost always Matilda Jane and pjs come from Gymboree a lot!

• Kelly August 24, 2018 at 10:15 am

Life Lately are some of my favorite posts! I always enjoy the pics of your kiddos but there is something about Smith lately. His hair looks darker to me, he’s looking more mature. I don’t know but he sure is a handsome boy in the middle of all those cutie girls;).

• Kerri August 28, 2018 at 9:10 am

You have such a beautiful fun little family!! Thanks so much for sharing your life with us all, you are always so inspiring!