Life Lately.

Happy Monday, friends!

Here’s a little look at life lately around the Shull house…

When you realize you all three kind of match…you need a sister picture.

Last Saturday, Smith’s baseball team just kept winning…which meant, they just kept playing in their baseball tournament.  It was 32 degrees during the first game and then warmed to 44 by the last game 😉 .  We had about an hour before this game started, so I drank my coffee with the girls in the car and we watched one of our favorite movies (the boys were all outside).  It was nice and cozy!

Because it’s never dull with Madeley around.

A quick pic before church on Orphan Sunday.  These two girls ARE JUST SO SPECIAL TO US!!!  They bring so much joy into our home.

Waiting during her 4 year well visit.

She handled it like such a champ!!

After school, they were all three eating their snacks and chatting with me.  I took a pic because I just wanted to remember the sweet moment.  I love to hear about their day after school.

Madeley’s feather on her class’s Thanksgiving turkey at school 🙂 .  It’s what she’s thankful for.

On this particular day, we had FOUR Thanksgiving feasts at schools.  Andrew and I had to divide and conquer.  I went to Madeley’s and…

…Smith’s!

Andrew went to…

…Ashby’s and Kensington’s.  He said that he and K were so busy talking that they didn’t take a pic…which made my heart so happy!

While I was making dinner one night last week…

…piggyback rides were happening!

Ha!  The little girls thought this was so much fun!!

Ready, set, here we go…up bright and early for procedure #15.  She is so brave, friends.  It was a rough 24 hours, but she’s doing great right now!

She was so proud of her tower 🙂 .

I found her like this.  Sweet girl!

That’s a little look at life lately.  See you guys tomorrow. xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 19, 2018 at 4:39 am

So many sweet pictures, and wow, so many Thanksgiving meals already! Y’all are looking so festive as well! 🙂

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 19, 2018 at 5:04 am

Never. A. Dull. Moment. You got that right! That Madeley girl has jokes and I’ve gotta say she’s pretty darn funny!

• Reply Susan Jeffries November 19, 2018 at 5:04 am

You have so much joy in your home. It’s fun to watch(:

• Reply Kristin B. November 19, 2018 at 5:38 am

Hi shay! This might be an odd question but we have the same Christmas stockings from PBK and they unfortunately do not hang perfectly like yours…did they come that way or did you have to fix them?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 5:43 am

You have to twist the top part! Don’t hang them on there without twisting the top. It works!

• Reply Mother Henn November 19, 2018 at 7:38 am

I have the same problem with mine. Wondering if you’ll demonstrate how exactly you twist them in an IG story? I also worry about them getting too hot when our fire is on, so I end up taking them down a lot, or bunching them up top.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 8:44 am

Take it the way it’s made and then twist it one time. Then place it up on the hook and kind of hold it in place with your hands. My stockings are old (like 8 years!), so they’ve had a lot of practice staying in place.

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams November 19, 2018 at 6:09 am

Ashby’s smile is so big in that picture with Andrew it melts my heart! And the picture of Madeley napping with Christmas cheer all around her does too! Happy Monday!

• Reply Narci November 19, 2018 at 6:18 am

What a sweet life lately! I just love that pic of Kensington with Ashby and Madeley. And, I’m thankful for Madeley’s mama also! 🙂

• Reply Kimberly C November 19, 2018 at 6:36 am

What a great time you all have! We’ve got a preschool Thanksgiving party this afternoon and after hearing the songs for the past couple weeks I can’t wait to see how it all comes together 😊 Can’t wait to see and hear about what you and the kids do this week during break!

• Reply Sheaffer November 19, 2018 at 6:46 am

Sweet look at y’alls life lately! Looks like a pretty great little life with some fantastic kids!

• Reply Alexis deZayas November 19, 2018 at 6:47 am

These posts are the sweetest! Enjoy your week with all of your kiddos home with you!

• Reply Susan Angvall November 19, 2018 at 7:04 am

Where did you get your sign – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas?

• Reply Daniele November 19, 2018 at 7:06 am

So sweet! I was really hoping you’d be featured on the Today Show today. Michael Buble is there. It would have been the prefect duo…you and him! ❤️

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 8:44 am

Amen 🙂

• Reply Emily November 19, 2018 at 7:45 am

What kind of car do you drive? I also wanted to thank you for your NYC recommendations. 🙂 I am going with my family to NYC in a few weeks and we are doing a food tour because of you! We are so excited. Which one did you and your friends do?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 8:43 am

A big one! An ESV. We did the Chelsea Market and Hyline Tour!

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt November 19, 2018 at 7:51 am

Such a sweet post! Love these little looks at life lately!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Annie B November 19, 2018 at 7:57 am

Can I ask what kind of coffee maker is in the back of the piggyback pics???

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 8:43 am

A Jura!

• Reply Megan November 19, 2018 at 8:04 am

I’ll be doing the switchover from fall/Thanksgiving to Christmas decorating on Friday. Love seeing your decorations up. Will you be doing any Christmas gift guides (especially for little girls – I’m a little short on ideas this year for my tween and little one). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 8:43 am

• Reply Lindsay November 19, 2018 at 8:32 am

Where is your red “Have yourself a merry little Christmas” sign from? I love it!

• Reply Heidi | Heidi Wanders the World November 19, 2018 at 8:44 am

So glad Ashby is feeling well! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving break!

• Reply Deanna November 19, 2018 at 8:57 am

Totally random, but what is your trick for getting your Christmas garland to stay on your mantle?!?!?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Prayer. Hahahaha! Besides that, I twist it around the cord and the outlet so it doesn’t move.

• Reply Kelly Buffington November 19, 2018 at 9:07 am

Who wouldn’t like to be Madely Shull having the best nap of her life, wrapped in a blanket surrounded by twinkle lights? Nobody, that’s who!;).

• Reply Kelly Buffington November 19, 2018 at 9:08 am

In case that last reply reads wonky, I mean everybody would like to be Miss Madeley;).

• Reply Emily November 19, 2018 at 9:21 am

Your fireplace garland…do you buy a pre decorated one or do you do your own? I tried garland last year for the first time and failed miserably. I’m trying to up my Xmas decoration game now that I have a baby.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2018 at 1:13 pm

I bought it pre-lit, but then added more lights and the decorations.

• Reply Anna S November 19, 2018 at 9:38 am

The divide and conquer strategy you and Andrew took reminds me of my own parents. When both my brother and I played basketball they would divide and conquer but sometimes they’d make it work by running from game to game which were sometimes 30-40 mins away. They’d see him for the Jr. High game and literally run through the halls of different schools to make it for my varsity games. My Mom once yelled to my Dad running down a half, “We’re going to miss this someday!!” I so appreciated them trying their best to make it to everything. I’m sure your kids do too.

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick November 19, 2018 at 9:39 am

Madeley’s little tongue stuck out at the doctor’s office is adorable! So happy Ashby’s doing better!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Sharon November 19, 2018 at 9:53 am

Such cute pics! Love love the Christmas decor! Where’d you find that red sign? Gorgeous…can’t wait to see more. – http://www.sweetsavorymama.com

• Reply Nancy November 19, 2018 at 10:07 am

Weird question but who was the builder for your house? We live in North TX also so just curious.

• Reply Lauren November 19, 2018 at 1:26 pm

Can you recommend your favorite red nail polish for the season?!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 20, 2018 at 5:49 am

I love OPI Big Apple Red!

• Reply Kacy Mah November 19, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Omg Madeley’s feather 😭❤️

• Reply Sarah November 19, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Love the sweet pictures of your family, Shay! What lip color were you wearing in the pics at the school’s Thanksgiving feasts? You always look beautiful! 👍🏻

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 20, 2018 at 5:50 am

I think that’s Bobbi Brown Plum Rose!

• Reply Sarah November 20, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Haha too funny. I already have that per your recommendation back when you did a post about your favorite makeup. 😊

• Reply Michelle November 19, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Shay, Where did you get the garland on your mantel? I love it! And that sweet Madeley sleeping is too sweet.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 20, 2018 at 5:49 am

It’s called The Christmas Store in Plano, TX and then I added just random ornaments and such from Hobby Lobby.

• Reply Karen November 19, 2018 at 4:55 pm

Ha ~ completely random….those dark beams on your ceiling in your tv room ~ do you have any info? We are looking to add something that that in our new house. Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 20, 2018 at 5:48 am

I don’t have any info. Sorry! They were just built for the space (not purchased anywhere).

• Reply Amanda Wilson November 20, 2018 at 7:21 am

Smiths dimples are ridiculously cute!! Big families for sure equals divide and conquer!! Love the Life Lately posts Shay!! Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for this blog!!!

• Reply Julie November 20, 2018 at 11:30 am

Hi Shay-random question, but what kind of car do you have? It looks perfect for a big family. I am in the market for a new car for a family of five…my kids are older now and I feel my minivan days are over ;). Just wondering what you like as you have a big family and are in the car a lot too!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 20, 2018 at 1:19 pm

I have an ESV! Mine seats 8!

• Reply Anna November 20, 2018 at 4:44 pm

In the last pic, where did you get your golden Christmas trees?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 21, 2018 at 5:30 am

A store in McKinney called Homeology!

• Reply Debbie Lang November 26, 2018 at 12:06 am

Where did you get the chair Madeley is sleeping in?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 26, 2018 at 4:54 am