On the first day of Christmas…

Whoa!  Our Christmas season is already off with a BANG!  All day Saturday (December 1st), I was singing the 12 Days of Christmas to myself.  On the first day of Christmas…I went to a recital!  (Not nearly as catchy…but festive nonetheless!).  Before we get to all the holiday fun, I bet you want to hear who won this…

…yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

Sheaffer and I cannot express this enough…THANK YOU!! WE love our readers so much and we wish we could hand this gift card over to every single one of you.  From the bottom of our hearts, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!  May your holiday season be filled with the peace and love that comes from a Savior whose birth we celebrate on December 25th.

Ready to know who won DAY FIVE of FIVE DAYS OF FABULOUS?!

Drum roll please…

…the winner is PAULINNA HUYNH!

Congratulations, Paulinna!!  You won a $2000 Louis Vuitton gift card!!!

We emailed you this morning, so hurry and email us back ASAP to claim your prize!!

Whew!  I mean, what a way to kick off a Monday, right?! #bestgiveawayever #loveyouladiessomuch

We’re going to follow all of that fun up with some holiday cheer from Friday and Saturday…

…on Friday night, we headed to The Star in Frisco for their tree lighting event.  Now, if you don’t know what The Star is…it’s about 15 minutes from our house where Jerry Jones built the new practice facility/super huge/amazing complex for the Dallas Cowboys (who play their games in the stadium in Arlington, but practice/work/operate out of this location).  Every Friday and Saturday night until Christmas, they host a huge tree lighting ceremony complete with fireworks, famous Cowboys players, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, music, Santa Claus and MORE!  It was so much fun!!!  (Free fun too!!)  We started our night by eating at one of the restaurants in the complex and then hurried on over for the main event…

Outside of the complex waiting for it to start!

Ha!  Best seat in the house 🙂 .

It was really quite a show!  It’s about 30 minutes of crazy fun energy!  The cheerleaders danced several times (see above).

We loved the music!

They lit the tree!

For this dance, their uniforms were covered in Christmas lights.

Santa arrived!!

When you see the big guy in red 🙂 .

It was just FUN!  My kids had the best time!!

We walked in the big Cowboys fan store after and then were outside listening to the Christmas music they were piping in when I looked over and saw these two chatting.  Sisters.  They’re such sweet sisters.

The next morning…we were up bright and early because it was RECITAL DAY!

Here I am at rehearsals the morning of with Ashby, Kensington and Ebby Lee (Madeley had already had her rehearsal earlier that morning).

Kensington and Ashby were both in the Nutcracker (which they had two performances of), and then Ashby tapped and Madeley did ballet in their Holiday Show (which was between the two Nutcracker shows).

My girls 😉 .

Kensington has danced with this group of girls since she was so tiny.  They are all SUCH SWEET GIRLS!

During intermission between shows, these two took a pic with the Nutcracker.

My little Cindy Lou Who danced to “Where Are You Christmas?”.

Strike a pose!

Intermission between shows…Papa Jay and Lovie were there!

Ashby was so proud of Madeley!  Here she is coming from backstage.  Ashby was like SO PROUD!

“Ashby, enough already.”

Love my little dancers!

Libby has the hair for Cindy Lou Who!!!

Round TWO of the Nutcracker!

We had such a fun day together!

Dance has got us like…

When you’ve sat through the Nutcracker five years in a row…

Britty was so cute watching everyone dance!!

Dance moms 🙂 .

(Not really, we never know what’s going on and are always asking our other dance mom friends what we’re supposed to be doing.) Hahaha!

After the show 🙂 .  This friendship is just so sweet!!

And that’s a wrap!  Another dance recital in the books!!

Happy first Monday in December, friends!  I’ll see you guys back here tomorrow!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 3, 2018 at 4:40 am

Your kids look beautiful in their dance outfits! Such sweet girls 🙂
    Love the Christmas spirit in this post!!

• Reply Erika Slaughter December 3, 2018 at 4:46 am

Hahahahaha!!! That sentence made me LOL. Considering we showed up with a medium bun and it was supposed to be high or pink lips instead of red. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 3, 2018 at 5:21 am

Bahahahahaha! Right?!

• Reply Beth Knecht December 3, 2018 at 5:19 am

Such sweet girls! Your skin always looks amazing! Would you do an update post sometime on if you are getting chemical peels, Botox, etc. and how you’re keeping your skin so bright and wrinkle-free?

• Reply Sheaffer December 3, 2018 at 5:26 am

Looks like your girls all had the best time! And how sweet is it that Ashby was so proud. Love those girls so much!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner December 3, 2018 at 5:41 am

What a fun way to kick off December!

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt December 3, 2018 at 6:11 am

That Friday night tree lighting sounds like a really fun tradition to do every year!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Linda Oesterle December 3, 2018 at 6:24 am

Please tell us where Ericka got her gorgeous cream sweater!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 3, 2018 at 7:26 am

She said Francesca’s!

• Reply Ramona December 3, 2018 at 6:36 am

Aww, what sweet pictures! Y’all had a great weekend for sure! Have a blessed week! ❤️

• Reply Narci December 3, 2018 at 6:40 am

Aw! The girls look adorable in their costumes! What a fun weekend!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas December 3, 2018 at 6:57 am

I danced in the Nutcracker every year growing up and they are some of my favorite memories!!

• Reply Rebecca Jo December 3, 2018 at 6:58 am

Kicking off December with a festive BANG!
    I loved the little rehearsal of your little Cindy Lou-Who on IG Stories… she’s so dang cute!!!

• Reply Ralinn December 3, 2018 at 7:33 am

It looks like you all had a fantastic weekend. You are making great memories. Congratulations to Paulinna.

• Reply Stephanie Crosby McDonald December 3, 2018 at 7:57 am

I saw your sweet family at the Star and almost fan girled but didn’t want to interrupt your family time! It was so fun!

• Reply kelli December 3, 2018 at 8:00 am

Okay, that comment about you not knowing what’s going on… that’s basically how I’ve felt my entire kids’ lives. And my oldest is 19! I’m still confused about who, where, when, what, why…& in other areas, I’m a basically “with-it” person! HA!!! Meh, I just figure my role in life is to make other people feel better about themselves (when they have to help me). 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 3, 2018 at 11:43 am

Like literally my brain cannot computer nor keep up with the dance stuff. I’m a total mess.

• Reply Jenna Lathrop December 3, 2018 at 8:16 am

That sounds like a great way to kick off December!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick December 3, 2018 at 8:25 am

Look at those sweet girls!! Ashby and Madeley are so precious together! And Kensington looks so grown up!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Caroline December 3, 2018 at 8:26 am

Ashby’s arm is looking go good these days!! I hope she’s doing well after her latest procedure 🙂

• Reply Tracy Robinson December 3, 2018 at 8:43 am

The picture of Ashby and Bowen is beyond sweet. Look at her little feet up on her tippy toes. Love, love!!

• Reply Kristin Tate December 3, 2018 at 8:51 am

Bowen & Ashby are the next Sean & Catherine.

• Reply Tish Ferry December 3, 2018 at 9:59 am

Such fun memories for you and your girls! They are so sweet!
    Simply Tish

• Reply Andrea McAnally December 3, 2018 at 11:45 am

So. Much. Cuteness!!! Loved all the pics!

• Reply Adrienne December 3, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Hi there! Ashby and Madeley’s Christmas outfits are just too cute! If you wouldn’t mind sharing where you got them, I’d love to get some for my two girlies! Thanks so much! Love following your blog and have all your cookbooks! ❤️❤️❤️

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 3, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Matilda Jane! Thank you!!

• Reply Shannon Leyerle December 3, 2018 at 12:31 pm

A dear friend of mine was the WORST dance mom! She had twin girls, and our dance studio scheduled two different recitals with different classes performing, so the recital wasn’t so long. She got mixed up and thought her girls were to perform at the second recital, but she was wrong. So they missed the first one, the other dancers had to go on with two girls missing, and her girls never got to perform! Such a funny story now. Love your precious dancers! <3

• Reply Kayla A Bruce December 3, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Love, love that your girls all dance! I danced from about five years old until I graduated high school, and I LOVED it. Teaches such wonderful work ethic, body awareness, group work… and it’s just fun! Happy Nutcracker Christmas to you.

• Reply Liz Thorson December 3, 2018 at 2:07 pm

So much family fun and girly adorableness! ❤️🎄❤️

• Reply Angela Ellingson December 3, 2018 at 2:34 pm

So fun!! And so exhausting, but so worth it! Such fun recital pictures! And how cool to live so close to that tree lighting event!

• Reply Jen Huegel December 3, 2018 at 6:17 pm

What part did the girls play in the Nutcracker?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 4, 2018 at 5:34 am

Kensington was in “The March” and Ashby was in the Grandmother’s House scene

• Reply Casey December 3, 2018 at 9:24 pm

How did I miss Kensington getting her braces off?!?

• Reply Kelly Buffington December 4, 2018 at 8:02 am

What a fun weekend to kick off December!

• Reply Jacqui December 4, 2018 at 9:10 am

I have a feeling you guys will recreate the Ash & Bo photo many years from now — Maybe him in a football uniform and her in a dance/cheer outfit 🙂 SO CUTE!