Winter Beauty Buys!

Winter Beauty Buys

Today, I’m sharing my WINTER BEAUTY BUYS!

I don’t know about you, but I kind of have to tweak my hair, skin and makeup routine just a bit as the seasons change.  A little lighter in the summer (and sweat/humidity resistant) and then more moisturizing in the winter.  I thought today, I would share what I’m using now in case you wanted to try something new.

Guys, I love trying new beauty products!  Over the years, I have subscribed to different monthly beauty boxes and always get so excited when one arrives at my house.  Right now, I’m using Sephora Play Boxes and each month, I’m like “Eeeeeeks!  Beauty Samples!”.  I could also read blog posts about beauty stuff every day too.  #obsessed

I’m really excited because today’s post includes my new favorite brand.  I slowly started incorporating this stuff into my routine 18 months ago (at the suggestion of my sweet friend Ashley) and now, these are staples (ESPECIALLY IN WINTER!)…

Beauty Counter.

Okay, I have never considered selling any sort of product like this before, but I did, at one point, tell Andrew that I wanted to sell Beauty Counter because I loved it so much.  I mean…I don’t think I need one other thing to work on in my life, but that’s how much I love this stuff.  I’m not selling it, but I’m a total FAN!  I have tried a lot of different products over the last year and a half and most I love, but some I don’t…these right here are my faves and are incorporated into my winter beauty routine…

#1: Instant Glow– Now, you’ll see another glow product below that I love because it has an SPF in it, but this one is so nice too and I use it a little differently.  I use the other one (see below) under my makeup, but this one, I just add a little with my moisturizer on days when I’m not wearing makeup, headed to the gym, etc.

#2: Body Wash– The only body wash I’ve been using for over a year.  I use it in the summer with my Coconut Melt as a moisturizer and in the winter with my Body Butter.  It smells like citrus!

#3: Brightening Vitamin C Face Oil– Yesssssss!  I have been adding a drop of this with my moisturizer every morning!  Again, it smells nice and citrus-y, but in my opinion, it makes my morning moisturizer (see below) just that more hydrating.

#4: Balancing Charcoal Facial Mask– This thing is a cult-classic.  You apply a thin layer of the mask (it comes out black), your skin tightens up just a bit and then after about 10 minutes, you remove it with warm water.  I love to put it on before I hop in the tub and then take it off when I get out.  Love!

#5: Sugar Body Scrub I bet I’ve bought at least 4 of these over the last 18 months!  I just scrub some on while I’m in the tub/shower and it really smooths out my skin (especially in places where I get dry skin like my arms and feet).

#6: Body Butter I love this in the winter months!!  This body butter smells like orange peel and reallllllly moisturizes!  I apply a thick layer after each shower/bath.  I’m obsessed!

#7: Cleansing Balm Okay, I adore this.  I have been using this cleansing balm daily for the last 6-ish months.  It removes all of my makeup including my eye makeup without drying out my skin.  Like all of it.  I take about a pea-sized amount, rub it all over my face and then wipe it off with warm water.  Everything comes off…even my waterproof eyeliner and mascara!  It smells so nice and is so HYDRATING!

So, I’m a huge Beauty Counter fan these days.  I realllllly wish they would come out with a deodorant because as you know, I’m on a quest to find one.  If you haven’t heard “their story” about why they make their products they way they do (all-natural, free of all that junk!), click HERE.  One last thing that I’m loving from them before I share a few other faves…

…their glosses and lipstick!  They go on really smooth and are not drying (again, hello winter weather!).  I buy these colors because they’re bright and happy…

So, a little Beauty Counter in my routine and these products too…

…give me #alltheserums!  ALL OF THEM.

I’ve told you about the SK-II and the Advanced Night Repair before. I use them year around.  Right now, the serum is sold out, and I can’t find it anywhere online…so if it doesn’t come back, I’ll have to try something new.  I have started using the Good Genes about twice a week.  It’s really strong, so I personally can’t wear it daily.  I use the SK-II every morning after I wash my face before I apply my moisturizer and then, I use either the Advanced Night Repair or the Good Genes at night after I wash my face before I apply my moisturizer.  I love the Good Genes because it tingles a bit when you apply it and honest to goodness, I think it gets rid of all of that dull skin that sits on top.  When I tried using it more than twice a week, it made my skin red, so I stopped.  This trio is fantastic!

Speaking of my moisturizer

…I still swear by this stuff both morning and night.  It’s so hydrating!  You feel your skin plumping up every time you apply it!  I wear it year around and ALWAYS love it!

Love me this Hydrating Eye Cream!  When we went to New York, I was introduced to it and it’s still my favorite.  I really do think I see a difference now that I’m using it.

I’ve mentioned this Moisture Surge from Clinique before.  It’s an overnight mask, so a few nights a week, I apply it over everything right before I go to bed.  I swear, I totally feel like my skin is more hydrated when I wake up.  It’s kind of crazy how great this is. I love that it’s clear too, so that you can’t see it.

My two faves for making my eyelashes look good year around…the Neulash that helps them grow longer and thicker (I swipe it on at night) and my Laura Mercier eyelash curler.  They’re the perfect combination!

These two are what I use for my “foundation” every morning.  This Primer Plus Radiance goes on first followed by my foundation stick (in natural).  They don’t get chalky and dry out my skin, plus, the radiance gives me just an extra boost of healthy looking instead of dry and dull looking.

I love my normal eye shadows year around (see below), but when my face feels dull and you know, winter-y, I add this Paint Pot on in Vintage Selection and I get a nice shimmery boost!

Speaking of my “normal” eye shadow, I use this

…all the pretty basic colors in one palette!

Okay, for my hair.  I started using this stuff last year…

…and can’t imagine using anything else.  I buy it on Amazon along with the pumps HERE.  Love, love, love this shampoo and conditioner!!

These three are my cocktail for frizz-free hair.  After I wash it, I towel dry my hair and apply the Mistress (it smells like coconut!) to my hair followed by the Mai Tai Sea Salt Spray.  Then, after it’s dry, I use the Moroccanoil on it before I curl it.

Last but not least, Jeni told me to start using this Klorane dry shampoo and friends, I really like it!!  Sometimes dry shampoos can leave a chalky film on my hair, but this one does not.

Whew!  Okay, lots of things today!  What is your number one favorite winter weather beauty buy???  I’m always looking to try new things!!  Comment and share!

• Reply Rebecca Rooney February 5, 2019 at 4:43 am

BeautyCounter is the BEST!!!!! I use all those products you showed. It isn’t sold here in Australia so a friend of mine in Chicago has to ship it over. So worth the extra cost!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog February 5, 2019 at 4:48 am

Thank you for sharing your winter essentials, Shay! I want to try all of these products out now, lol! Especially the SKII stuff – if only they were a little cheaper! ❤️

• Reply Erika Slaughter February 5, 2019 at 4:58 am

I probably need to purchase every item that uses the word, “moisturizing”. You know me and the winter…I’m flaking away!

• Reply Beth Knecht February 5, 2019 at 5:15 am

I love the shampoo and conditioner that you suggested! The conditioner is so moisturizing and has really helped my hair this winter. I ran out and switched to another product on hand, and it’s really not living up to the amazing Matrix brand. I’m ready to throw out the other product and go back to Matrix because it’s just that good!

• Reply Kristina Bednorz February 5, 2019 at 5:15 am

Have you tried Primally Pure’s natural deodorant? . . . Best natural deodorant hands down!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 5:22 am

It’s one of the four I purchased after my deodorant review!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims February 5, 2019 at 5:29 am

What a fun post! How do you feel about me swinging by the next couple of mornings and nights and just shadowing you as you use your products? 😉

• Reply Shannon February 5, 2019 at 5:37 am

I am so happy you’ve discovered Beautycounter! I’ve been a consultant for a year and a half… I just love it so much and feel so much safer knowing what’s in the products.

• Reply Molly February 5, 2019 at 5:37 am

I’m so glad you did this post! Your skin always looks fabulous, so I think I’m going to try a few of these products!! Have you ever tried any type of intense facial (i.e. microneedling or dermaplaning) or tried botox? I’m considering but am nervous!!

• Reply cori baird February 5, 2019 at 5:39 am

I was literally just thinking yesterday how much I am loving Beauty Counter and wishing you would try it out to share some info! Not even kidding…was thinking of emailing you to suggest you try it out! That is kind of crazy! I wondered if you would start a clean make up quest after looking into the deodorant. (by the way, I LOVE Native and have heard amazing things about the Primally Pure line.)
    As for Beauty Counter, their Tint Skin foundation is my favorite! The Dew Skin with sunscreen felt amazing, but it is really more of a moisturizer. Also love the loose powder to set the foundation with as well. Have you ever tried any of the Ilia products?

• Reply Narci February 5, 2019 at 5:42 am

What fun!! These prouducta sound fabulous!!!

• Reply Kassy February 5, 2019 at 5:48 am

You can get SK-II at Costco!

• Reply Michelle February 5, 2019 at 5:54 am

LOVE the cleansing balm. It works WONDERS for taking facepaint off little kids too 😉 I also really like their cleansing wipes for traveling! Or for nights when I want a little quicker routine. They are big enough that I cut them in half. Have you tried any of their makeup? That stuff also goes on like butter and stays all day!

• Reply Annaliese February 5, 2019 at 5:55 am

Do you have a certain perfume/body splash that you like to use?? Almost out of mine and looking for suggestions!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 6:12 am

I use either Burberry Brit or Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

• Reply Anna February 5, 2019 at 6:00 am

Hi Shay! I love your blog and posts like this one!! Just wondering if you’ve stopped using Retin A and if so how come?! Thanks!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 6:11 am

Nope! I still use it every single night!

• Reply Natalie Ventura February 5, 2019 at 6:06 am

I love Beautycounter products so much that I did become a consultant like you mentioned considering. The perks are great and there is no pressure to buy/sell so I enjoy it more for the educating people on really good (and safe!) products! If anyone has questions or is interested in trying something, feel free to reach out!

n.ventura.27@gmail.com beautycounter.com/natalieventura

• Reply Jen Warhurst February 5, 2019 at 6:13 am

So glad you’re loving BC!!! Andrew needs to try some of the new men’s line!

• Reply Julie February 5, 2019 at 6:23 am

Lancôme Hydra Zen Anti-Stress Moisturizing Beauty Facial Essence is very nice. The whole Hydra Zen line by Lancôme is great. Sephora has it in store and online.

• Reply Lina February 5, 2019 at 6:37 am

I’m so thrilled that you discovered Beautycounter! I always loved your beauty posts but when I started using BC a couple of years ago, I was hoping that you would showcase their products because I loved them!! The cleansing balm is amazing and the body butter has been life-saving!

• Reply Alexis deZayas February 5, 2019 at 6:42 am

I’ve been wanting to try Beauty Counter but always get overwhelmed with all of the products so this is perfect!! I used that moisture surge mask last night and love it! I also love Clinique’s turnaround overnight moisturizer at night in the winter!

• Reply Kristine February 5, 2019 at 6:45 am

Just had to put my two cents in on the natural deodorant saga. I wanted so badly to make the switch and I have a drawer full, like at least 7-8 different brands and by the end of the day I still smelled like an old Italian sub….Disgusting!! So I’m back to regular deodorant I just couldn’t do it and honestly I’m not really a sweaty girl but the smell by the end of the day was just too much for me to handle. I read all these blogs and nobody has mentioned being super stinky so it was giving me a complex and I certainly don’t want to earn the stinky girl title so I’m out of the natural deodorant game.

• Reply Theresa February 5, 2019 at 8:35 am

From what I’ve read, that is perfectly normal, and it occurs bc the “regular” deodorants actually block your pores, so your body has to basically detox from that before the natural deodorants can properly do their job. I tried to cheat when I made the switch, by using the regular stuff if I thought I might get sweaty. Finally, I just sucked it up, and risked it. I only felt a little nervous (ha) for about a week, and now I have zero issues and absolutely love the natural one! I’m using Schmidt’s Rose Vanilla. You can find it at Target! I tried Biossance first (they’re skincare line is amazing btw), but the scent was a little off putting for me, and I couldn’t justify spending $16 on a small stick of deodorant all the time!

• Reply Kami February 5, 2019 at 11:47 am

Schmidt’s geranium flower works wonderful for me and my 13 year old daughter! It’s for sensitive skin. We also use native coconut vanilla!

• Reply Lynn February 5, 2019 at 6:55 am

Now that you use oils, you should check out Young Livings other products. Love the copaiba vanilla conditioner, orange blossom moisturizer, hydrating primer, savvy minerals makeup, lemon sandalwood soap, delicious! Smells like lemon cake!

• Reply Ashley February 5, 2019 at 6:59 am

Love this post so much!! I need to try that shampoo and conditioner! Love that you can buy on amazon! And the serums! I am always looking to try new stuff! Xo!!

• Reply Chelsea B February 5, 2019 at 7:04 am

Have you ever tried HA5 by Skin Medica? You can find it at your dermatologists office I’m sure. It is expensive, but that serum in pure GOLD. I feel like it brightens and smooths my face noteiceably! There are studies/before and afters on the website. Also, in the summer you’ve said you wear lighter foundations; try Purlisse Perfect Glow BB cream. It’s spf30 and actually has quite a bit of coverage. It gives me a light, dewy look that looks natural. Sometimes I put a little powder foundation over if I need a little extra for an event, but primarily just use the BB cream.

• Reply Lisa N February 5, 2019 at 7:36 am

Love these posts from you! Been waiting for years for you to team up on a post with your Mom (Grandmother too!) to share their beauty/make up tips and routines since they are the ones who taught you the importance of skin care and are very beautiful ladies. Would love to know if they have long held favorites or if they mix things up like you do. It would benefit many of us and be fun too!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 8:25 am

My Grandmother would share all the good stuff, my mom’s list would make you cringe. Hahaha! I’ve been trying to encourage her to use better stuff (she’s now using Tula!), but skin care and beauty products are not her thing. She has great genetics though!

• Reply Laura Jordan February 5, 2019 at 7:38 am

Love this post! Do you use the cleansing balm as your cleanser or do you use something else?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 8:24 am

I use it for everything!

• Reply Lauren G February 5, 2019 at 7:46 am

You should read Lipgloss and Aftershave beauty blog (https://www.lipglossandaftershave.com). It’s straight from the industry experts.

• Reply Stephanie Collier February 5, 2019 at 7:46 am

What do you have on your nails? Do you mind sharing??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 8:24 am

I’ve been dipping them at the salon!

• Reply ~B~ February 5, 2019 at 7:48 am

Good morning! I l-o-v-e these posts and coming back to them later to look for specific things you’ve recommended. I typically do a search for them, but is there a tab you “file” them under specifically? I too love the Beauty Counter lip gloss! I’m also a huge fan of Moisture Surge. I’m definitely going to have to try a few of the other Beauty Counter products you recommended – thanks!

• Reply Stephanie Collier February 5, 2019 at 7:51 am

Could you share what’s on your nails??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 8:24 am

I have been getting them “dipped” lately. I like it. I don’t know that I love it, but I like it.

• Reply Kristen February 5, 2019 at 8:07 am

These posts are my favorite!! Are you still using Biologique Recherche? (Maybe the lotion P50?)

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 8:24 am

No, I liked it, but tried something else when I ran out.

• Reply Abby February 5, 2019 at 8:14 am

I literally was thinking this morning “I need Shay to do another beauty/skin roundup” because my skin is so dry with this winter weather. Thanks for reading my mind!

• Reply Sara February 5, 2019 at 8:16 am

If you have any Beauty Brands stores near you, stop by. They are going out of business and everything is deeply discounted. At the two I visited this weekend, they had tons of that shampoo/conditioner you like.

• Reply Jenna Lathrop February 5, 2019 at 8:16 am

I love to try new products too. I love this round up of products!

• Reply Jenna February 5, 2019 at 8:29 am

I also felt the same Shay! I have loved Beautycounter’s products and their mission for safer beauty that I started selling last year! If anyone has any questions about their products and skin care options I would love to help out!
    Jennacampbell07@gmail.com

• Reply Meredith Echols February 5, 2019 at 8:33 am

I actually just became a BeautyCounter consultant because I loved it so much and wanted the discount!! HAHA!!! My skin was crying and now it looks and feels so much better!! I need to try the body products next!!

• Reply amlakar February 5, 2019 at 8:36 am

So many products to try 🙂 I know you did a post on natural deodorants but wanted to throw in another option- you may have tried it and I just missed reading about your thoughts, but I have been using Native deodorant in the coconut/vanilla scent. It works great for me and I have tried many! It goes on smoothly in a stick format so you don’t have to use your fingers.

• Reply Sheri Banwart February 5, 2019 at 8:40 am

What do you use for your girls hair? I have 3 daughters and their hair looks dry and it is such a chore to brush it without all the tears. Do you have any suggestions?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 10:05 am

The two big girls use Moroccanoil and M still uses the baby stuff. K’s hair was in such bad shape, but once she started using that, it’s looking much healthier. When she’s out of the giant bottles I bought her (and Ashby), I’m going to try switching her to this Sleek and Shine!

• Reply Renee February 5, 2019 at 9:06 pm

What is the brand of this Sleek and Shine you are referring too? My big girl could use this.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 6, 2019 at 5:09 am

Matrix! The one in this post!

• Reply Kelsie K February 6, 2019 at 1:08 am

I have some great stuff for kids hair!!

• Reply Kayla A Bruce February 5, 2019 at 8:44 am

I’ve gone all natural with my hair products as well. I’ve actually been loving Cantu brand (I have thick, dark, curly hair), and my hair feels so good!

• Reply Jennifer Maynard February 5, 2019 at 8:59 am

I love, love, love that shampoo. I bought it after you and Amanda both recommended it on your blog. And I buy mine at Ulta, they usually are running some sort of sale on it and it’s a much better price than Amazon

• Reply Stephanie Forbes February 5, 2019 at 9:54 am

If you are looking for another great, all natural deodorant, my bestie sells Pure Haven. I’ve been using their products for about 6 months now, and I will not look back. They are completely, 100% toxin free – the products are absolutely wonderful! Her site is: purebymandy.com You should check it out!

• Reply Samantha February 5, 2019 at 9:56 am

Yay! So glad you tried out Beauty Counter and love it! The ones you listed are the best – there is also an overnight resurfacing peel that is great too! And all of the makeup is great – especially if you have littles dancing and they have to wear make up for recitals – I’ve switched my daughter to it for that. I just started selling in October. Great post!

• Reply Meredith February 5, 2019 at 9:57 am

I just discovered Beautycounter, which is bad for my wallet but great for my skin! I swear the stuff works and feels so luxurious. I’m on a mission to “clean up” my toiletries with less chemicals and this gets me there.

• Reply Tasha February 5, 2019 at 10:02 am

Hi Shay! I read your post on deodorant and how you dislike the ones you gave to rub in with your fingers. I found soapwalla works best for me out of all the natural options but hated rubbing it in as well. SO I found these cream deodorant applicators on amazon and LOVE THEM! Just thought I would share 🙂 here’s the link: Little Seed Farm 2 Piece Deodorant Cream Applicators https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCSHSK1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nnBwCbWY8NB6E

• Reply Jenna February 5, 2019 at 10:25 am

I started using Beautycounter about 8 months ago and I’m hooked!! Love their makeup and skin products! I need to try the lotions next! I’ve been approached about selling it too, and I’m just not a salesperson, but if I was, I’d totally represent this brand! I’ll have to try some of the products you love!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick February 5, 2019 at 10:30 am

I was hoping you’d mention the Klorane dry shampoo!! I ordered some yesterday! Can’t wait to try it out!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Amy February 5, 2019 at 10:48 am

Hey! I love getting your blog. Sadly I haven’t been getting any of them since 1/28. I have tried a couple of times to add my email or re-subscribe but the site says they already have my email. I checked spam and they aren’t going there.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks so much!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 5, 2019 at 11:53 am

Oh no! That’s so weird??? Let me check on that. I’m sorry, Amy!

• Reply Sandi February 5, 2019 at 11:21 am

I used to love Beauty Counter and then I found it went bad before I was able to use up the product…. I couldn’t have a bottle of anything longer than about a month and a half or it started to smell rancid. I’ve been loving the Drunk Elephant line and the Aveda Wedding Mask and eye cream.

• Reply Lindsay February 5, 2019 at 12:13 pm

I am obsessed with Drunk Elephant products!!!

• Reply Katie M Stuen February 5, 2019 at 11:24 am

Hi Shay, Can’t wait to try some of these products. I switched to the Matrix Shampoo and Conditioner and I love everything about it. For some reason, I am obsessed with the way people organize their bathroom cabinets especially with multiple products. I’m curious how you organize all of your products. Future post maybe?
    Have a great day!

• Reply Leanne Gilchrist February 5, 2019 at 11:24 am

Shay! I just started using Beautycounter! I’ve used SO MANY lines and products over the years, but I’M SOLD on Beautycounter! I use the Countermatch system for my super dry skin. Shay, I’m telling you, you MUST get the Necessary Neutrals eyeshadow palette! I’m serious. Their shadows are like silk and go on like butter, and stay on all day. They’re so pigmented! I saw that you started using BC a while back, but I was so skeptical because I had tried so so so many things, but I’m so glad for BC! Try their other makeup! <3

• Reply Taylor O. February 5, 2019 at 11:25 am

My #1 winter beauty staple is Weleda Skin Food! I use it as a moisturizer. It is so thick and amazing!!

• Reply Danielle Garavaglia February 5, 2019 at 11:53 am

Hi Shay! Happy Tuesday:) A while back you talked about a heel cream you use at night. My heels are looking pretty rough during these winter months and I was wondering if you could remind me what product you use?
    Thanks so much!!

• Reply Alesha Beckel February 5, 2019 at 12:19 pm

If your Serum doesnt come back in stock… I strongly suggest trying Drunk Elephant. That stuff is a game changer!!!

• Reply Kaci February 5, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Have you tried Drunk Elephant? I feel like everyone in the world uses it, but it has completely changed my skin. It is AMAZING!

• Reply Stacey February 5, 2019 at 1:39 pm

What?! No longer using Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner? I’ll have to try the Matrix. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Amie February 5, 2019 at 2:09 pm

I currently subscribe to the monthly ipsy bag. You get a cute little make-up bag each month along with your samples and some full size products. It’s also only $10 a month. Think I will try this beauty box next!!

• Reply Patty February 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm

I will be doing a post on Beauty Counter in a few weeks myself focusing on their color make up. So far so good for me.

Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

• Reply Jen February 5, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Do you subscribe or recommend any other monthly boxes? I’m gonna try out the sephora one! Love getting monthly treats!!! 😊

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 6, 2019 at 5:12 am

I used Birchbox for years and love that one too!

• Reply Emily February 5, 2019 at 3:35 pm

Costco has an Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair on their site right now… is it the same? Packaging is slightly different.

• Reply Cristin Munley February 5, 2019 at 5:11 pm

Kloraine also makes a brown-tinted version of that dry shampoo for brunettes that hate the graying the typical white powder shampoos leave behind. I live in Spain and buy it at our local pharmacy but I think its available on amazon.

• Reply Morgan February 5, 2019 at 7:51 pm

GLOSSIER! A few favorites are: priming rich moisturizer (the best for dry winter skin), milk jelly cleanser (conditioning face wash and takes off all makeup), boy brow (their best seller for naturally groomed eyebrows), cloud paint (liquid blush), solution (the best for removing dry skin and preventing redness), and the balm dot com’s (birthday cake is amazing). I’ve loved everything I’ve tried!

• Reply LeAnn February 5, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Are you still using coconut oil and if so when do you use it in these steps since you have these products?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 6, 2019 at 5:11 am

I loooooooove coconut oil and will most likely resume using it in the summer. Nothing soothes my “been in the sun skin” more than that. Right now, I’ve been having fun with BC, but yes, I sill looooove coconut oil!

• Reply Melissa February 5, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Such great products! Would you please share a very detailed post on how you and Andrew budget for ALL of your expenses? When did you combine your money? Do you discuss every purchase over a certain amount? I think you shared a little bit in 2017, but I’m curious if you keep Excel sheets or use budget apps?! Love your honesty. TIA

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 6, 2019 at 5:11 am

That could be an interesting post! We combined all of our money when we got engaged and never looked back. We do keep very detailed spreadsheets, etc. and yes, we do discuss purchases over a certain amount (that amount has changed over the years, but yes, we sure do!).

• Reply Shannon Fabin February 5, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Shay! Longtime reader and fellow adoptive Mama! 💓 Have you ever tried Maskcara Beauty? It sky current obsession. I love the skincare solutions you have shared. Try MB- you’ll never go back. Oh! And it’s safe too- surpasses European beauty standards!

• Reply Tiffany February 5, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I’ve been using Missha Time Revolution Essence as replacement for SKII. It’s almost the exact same product but significantly cheaper. Some online reviews even say it works better than SKII!

• Reply Kelsie K February 6, 2019 at 1:07 am

I’m loving my super moisture masque and double action hydrating serum for my hair!! And my rejuveniqe oil and Adel natural cosmetics for my face!!

• Reply Ginger February 6, 2019 at 11:00 am

I highly recommend LXMI for moisturizers for face and body. The Pure Nilotica Melt (I use at night) has only ONE ingredient. Love it. The Creme Du Nil is what I use for day and the Body Velvet is wonderful for winter skin. They have 20% off right now and free shipping, plus if you use this code, you get a free Creme! http://lxmi.refr.cc/gingerc I got my first sample in a Beauty Box and have been using it ever since. Can’t say enough good about it.

• Reply Christa February 6, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Hello,
    Love beauty products too. I tried R &F last year and am trying Colleen Rothschild now. I also am loving Drunken Elephant. Do you use a beauty blender sponge to apply the BB foundations stick? I am struggling with how to use it. I also want to try BB eye cream now. I Just had a hormonal breakout that makes me feel 16 in a not so good way!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 7, 2019 at 5:08 am

I do! I also use the Bobbi Brown foundation brush!

• Reply Lindsey February 6, 2019 at 10:27 pm

I’m gradually switching to beauty counter makeup and love most of it. But I just don’t love the mascara which makes me so sad. It just doesn’t pop enough. Ugh. I have started putting it on first then another coat of something that gives some ooommph. That way, at least the stuff closest to my skin is beautycounter.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 7, 2019 at 5:07 am

I’ve played around with the makeup too, but haven’t found many products that I love enough to replace my standards.

• Reply Emily February 7, 2019 at 6:46 pm

The eyeshadow palette you linked to isn’t the same as yours- the packaging looks the same, but the colors are different. Any ideas? The one you have looks perfect for me!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 8, 2019 at 4:56 am

There were two color options to pick from and mine, is apparently sold out. Boo. That one is pretty too, but mine has more “pinky” tones.

• Reply Emily February 8, 2019 at 11:28 pm

Yes, I love your “pinky” one! I will be on the lookout : )

• Reply Kate Treadway February 8, 2019 at 6:59 am

Primally Pure is the BEST natural deodorant I’ve tried and the only one that’s ever worked. I’d test it out. They have different scents—most people like Blue Tansy the best but they have lavendar, geranium, lemongrass, etc.

• Reply Nancy February 8, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Hi Shay!
    I use the exact same Morrocan Oil! It’s the best! Just adding my 2 cents, I read that you’re supposed to run it through your hair when it’s wet, then brush through it before drying.

• Reply Kate February 10, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Hi Shay! This cold weather has been killing my skin and my face is pretty much flaking off. Is that Tula moisturizer the only one you use? Looking to try something new!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 11, 2019 at 5:10 am

Yes! It’s very hydrating!!

• Reply Lara M February 15, 2019 at 9:26 am

Shay – I think you used R&F’s Lash Boost in the past; how does the Neulash compare? Did you find your results to be better? I’ve been using Lash Boost for about 2 years (on and off) and sometimes I feel like some tubes of it that I’ve used are better (results-wise) than others, if that makes sense!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 15, 2019 at 11:15 am

Honest to goodness, I think they both work the same!