Cheese filled tortellini make this easy pasta salad extra tasty no matter if you use it as a side or a light lunch!
- 1 package of refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved (as many as you like)
- ½ a red onion, chopped
- a handful of basil, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh corn (or drain a can of good quality corn)
- about a cup of diced ham (I used Boar’s Head Rosemary & Sundried Tomato Ham)
- 1 cup of frozen peas (I microwaved them so that they were room temp and not frozen)
- as much or as little of your favorite Caesar salad dressing
- a pinch of both salt and pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil and then drop in your tortellini to cook. It only takes about 3 to 4 minutes. When they start to float to the top, they’re typically done. Drain the water and then immediately run cold water down over them to cool them and stop the cooking process. Drain off all of the water and add your cooked tortellini to a big bowl.
- Add in the remainder of your ingredients adding in as much or as little as your family likes. We like a lot of peas, so we added extra. Drizzle and toss your Caesar dressing in the bowl to make sure you use the right amount .
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Serve as a side and enjoy!
This is a “clean out the fridge” kind of side dish. Add in as much or as little as you like until your pasta salad is perfect. I used Marie’s Caesar Salad Dressing.