Holiday Beauty at the brand new Nordstrom!

***UPDATED DECEMBER 2ND***

if you saw my Insta Story this morning, here are the outfit details…

SHERPA SWEATER//FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS (on sale!)//BOOTS (on sale!)Β

You can see the complete makeup post below! xo

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve, friends!!

I’m excited about today’s post because it’s about HOLIDAY BEAUTY with Nordstrom!!Β  You know how much I love me a good old beauty post πŸ™‚ .Β  Right before Andrew and I went to NYC, Nordstrom and ShopStyle asked me if I wanted to chat about all things beauty, and I knew it was PERFECT timing because…

…just two weeks before we arrived, Nordstrom opened their GIGANTIC brand new store in New York City!!Β  I thought it would be fun to pop in and get a little makeover from one of their talented people in the makeup department while we were there.

This store was STUNNING!Β  Not only was it just physically large, but it had everything you need (or didn’t know you needed!) right inside.Β  Like a full bar in the shoe department.Β  Isn’t that fun?!

We headed up to the Beauty Hall because there was one brand in particular I wanted to try out…

SWEATER/SORELS/JEANS

Charlotte Tilbury.

I have been buying several of her products over the last year at your recommendation (like her powder!), but so many of you swear by her other products too, so I just made a beeline for this area and asked if someone wouldn’t mind showing me what’s popular this holiday season and what I might need to add to my routine.Β  I met Jagger there who was so knowledgeable, helpful and friendly as we discussed what I was already using and what I should add to my daily routine.Β  He liked that I used this CC cream, this mascara and this eyeliner and this white eyeliner for my waterline, but he thought he could help streamline the rest of it with…

this palette.Β  He pulled it out, showed me how I should use the bronzer and then compliment with the two blushes at once (one for a pop of color and the other to blend), plus he liked me adding a little of the highlighter under my eyes to set my concealer and open them up.Β  Then, he used the three eye shadows to give me a really nice neutral every day eye and then he added more to give me more of a “night out” eye.Β  After that, he insisted I leave with Glowing Jen lipstick and bam!Β  I was done.Β  With just two products, he basically did my whole face!!

I came home and have only been using this palette since.Β  When I want a more every day eye, I just use the first eye shadow, for more depth, I add the other two in my crease.Β  Friends, I really love this!!!Β  Like sincerely!!Β  I have a little video showing you…

I love when I go into Nordstrom and the professionals just sit me down and streamline my life πŸ™‚ .

All done and ready to go!!Β  The only other product he told me I needed was…

Charlotte’s Magic Cream!Β  Now, I have heard so many of YOU tell me I needed it too, but I love my daily moisturizer so much that I don’t want to give that up for this.Β  When I told Jagger that, he said he felt the same way and that’s why I should use this Magic Cream as my primer instead after moisturizing but before my CC cream.Β  I’ve been doing it ever since and not only do I think my skin feels more hydrated, but I think my overall makeup is staying put longer!!Β  Honestly, you should just read the reviews about this Magic Cream.Β  People are in love with it!!

Here’s the Glowing Jen lipstick that I’ve been wearingΒ  (I think in the video I called it Just Jen, but it’s Glowing Jen!).Β  It’s neutral but with some color.Β  It’s the perfect every day lip named after Jennifer Aniston!

So, that was FUN!Β  I’m always so happy to ask the sales people at Nordstrom for their help because no matter which department I’m in, they’re experts at where they are and how they can help you.Β  If you’re looking for some other fun gift ideas there, don’t forget these…

1: Sparkly earrings for under $40!
2: Hunter boots are always fun to give!Β  I love giving different people different fun colors!
3: PJ Salvage always has fun holiday pjs!
4: This fun makeup set from Mac!
5: A plush throw that comes in so many colors!!

6: A festive candy cane candle!
7: Ugg Slippers, of course!
8: The only robe I use…and I use it EVERY day!!
9: A really nice Kiehl’s set!
10: Jo Malone gift set!
11: I like to put these diffusers in places like my bathroom and closet where I don’t typically light candles.Β
12: Everyone loves a Bose speaker!
13: Sugar Plum Fairy bubble bath!
14: I have probably gifted more Blardigans than any other gift!

Also, after my video, we headed out to the Star in Frisco for the tree lighting…

…but you can see my pretty makeup HERE all thanks to Jagger πŸ™‚ .Β  Also, my gorgeous chenille turtleneck (um, so soft!) is HERE and my sparkly earrings are HERE.

Thanks once again, Nordstrom, for partnering with me.Β  It was so much fun to visit your new NYC store!!Β  Don’t forget that tomorrow is What’s Up Wednesday!!Β  I’ll see you back here then!!

• Reply Taylor November 26, 2019 at 4:51 am

Your hair is so long! I also love when you do videos..it pulls everything together.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 26, 2019 at 5:30 am

I want all of these! Such pretty products! ❀️✨

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 26, 2019 at 5:40 am

You know I love a little beauty stop in NYC! I’ve never thought about the Magic Cream as a primer! That’s a great idea-especially in the winter!

• Reply Christy November 26, 2019 at 5:42 am

I should probably know this, but what is water line?

• Reply Maria November 26, 2019 at 5:42 am

I’m pretty sure your make-up artist’s name is Jagger. (Jagger is very common in NYC-Jasper more Texan haha!) I sat with him during the opening day Beauty Bash and have been back twice since. You’ve got me hooked on her lipsticks. They are so long-wearing, I’m loving them! PS love your LV Blanche bag xoxo

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 26, 2019 at 7:18 am

Really? I want to say Jasper (I don’t know any…the only one I can think of is from the movie The Holiday and that’s British), but I will correct that now because I don’t want to say it wrong!

• Reply Carmella November 26, 2019 at 8:38 am

I was about to say the same – I have also met Jagger and recognized him here! (You missed one name correction at the end.)

• Reply Narci November 26, 2019 at 6:35 am

Oh, your makeup looks fantastic!! Love it, friend!

• Reply Elspeth November 26, 2019 at 6:49 am

I love your makeup posts, so helpful to get an expert on it and share new products! You look fabulous! Have a happy thanksgiving!

• Reply Lindsey December 3, 2019 at 6:39 pm

So… how do you get those makeup people to give you a full make up face advice and put it on for you? πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚ I’ve always wanted to go and get suggestions on everything at Nordys, but feel super awkward saying, β€œhey do me up and fix my face!” How do you ask? πŸ€ͺ

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 4, 2019 at 4:58 am

They’re so happy to!! I just ask them for help, tell them what I’m looking for, ask them for their suggestions and they go to town. I truly think they all love what they do in that department!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims November 26, 2019 at 7:16 am

The magic cream IS REALLY MAGICAL. And that palette looks GORGEOUS!!

• Reply Jennifer DeFrancisco November 26, 2019 at 7:18 am

I’ve been loving the Charlotte Tillbury mascara- that was a Nordstrom find too! You should check it out. Happy Thanksgiving πŸ™‚

• Reply Kelsey Brandsted November 26, 2019 at 8:06 am

Where can I find that green/teal sweater? 😍

• Reply Beth November 26, 2019 at 9:00 am

I love hearing about all the stuff you use. I’m just starting to get into taking care of my skin and wearing makeup. Would you ever consider doing a makeup tutorial video of you putting on your makeup? And I’m very tempted to buy that pallet πŸ’• thanks for sharing!

• Reply Cindy ML November 26, 2019 at 9:22 am

I had no idea that Nordstrom’s opened up a store in NYC. Shoot I was just in NYC on Saturday……..

• Reply Kelly November 26, 2019 at 9:52 am

What is the name of the black LV bag you have in the pictures above? I really like it?

• Reply Kari Leppell November 26, 2019 at 10:06 am

I was just there and Jagger helped us too! We loved him! I LOVE the CT foundation I got, and the Magic Cream! Asking for the eye cream, eye shadow and lip products for Christmas. Charlotte Tillbury website has a ton of videos on different looks, and how to apply their products. As for Nordstrom, I thought the store was pretty, but that our stores here in the Seattle/Bellevue area had a better overall product selection!

• Reply Jenny November 26, 2019 at 3:30 pm

What daily moisturizer do you apply the Magic cream over? Thx!

• Reply Kimberly C November 27, 2019 at 4:37 am

That palette is beautiful! Perfect neutral colors. And I love how long your hair is now! Not really beauty related but what kind of hair spray do you use? I’m having a hard time finding one that I love =/

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 27, 2019 at 6:47 am

The Dry Bar one!! It’s been my favorite for several years now. I love that it’s not sticky or stiff.

• Reply Nicole November 27, 2019 at 5:13 am

What color CC cream do you use? Thanks!