Ohhhhhhh! Friends, this recipe is so good (and easy!!)!!
We have been making my Sausage & Hashbrown Casserole as a side when grilling out (especially when we entertain). I like it because it’s easy, you can make it in advance, and it kind of just goes with everything off the grill. But bonus, you can also make this as a delish (and new!) side to turkey (if it’s Thanksgiving or Christmas) OR you could make this for breakfast too. It’s also gluten-free…so you see? It’s a winner! The next time you grill out instead of serving fries, pop this in the oven. I’m telling you, your friends and family will DEVOUR it!!Print
Whether you make this as a side or a stand alone breakfast casserole, it will be devoured!
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (6 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen diced hashbrowns (keep frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease (I used Pam) a 9×12 baking dish, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your breakfast sausage until it’s browned and crumbly. Once it’s browned, lower the heat and stir in your sour cream, green chiles, cheddar cheese and a nice pinch of both salt and pepper along with your frozen hashbrowns. Stir until everything is coated and combined and then pour this mixture down into your prepared baking dish.
- At this time, you can either pop your potatoes into the oven and bake about 30 minutes or until browned on the edges and bubbly or you can allow your potatoes to cool before covering them and placing them in the fridge (up to 24 hours) before baking off at a later time.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
If you decide to bake yours at a later time, add about 5 to 8 minutes to your baking time if they’re coming from the fridge.