Not to brag or anything, but I’ve pretty much perfected tomato growing this year. My garden is so full of amazing juicy red tomatoes! Next year, I want to plant a peach tree! I’ve been doing a little research and I think it’s possible…which would be great because my family LOVES peaches!!
Today’s Tomato & Peach Salad isn’t even a recipe…it’s just a list of things you need to toss together and enjoy this summer. I’ve made this more times than I can count because it’s so easy and SO good!! For the garnish, we swap between these two right here…
…or we go crazy and add a little of each. If you don’t have flavorful pistachios at your store, you can add any fun nut you find. Almonds, pecans, cashews…go nuts 😉 .
Happy salad making, friends!Print
This Tomato & Peach Salad is the perfect pairing for any summertime supper!
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- a handful of fresh basil, lightly chopped
- crumbled feta cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- spicy or sweet pistachios to garnish
- This recipe is as easy as this! Take out a big bowl, add in your tomatoes, peaches, chopped red onion and basil. Drizzle on a little EVOO and Balsamic (we typically do a 3:1 ratio). Start with a little because you can always add more. Drizzle, toss and check. Add in a nice pinch of salt and pepper too.
- Next, crumble your feta cheese (as much as you like…we like a lot!) and toss.
- Finally, garnish with spicy or sweet pistachios (we like a mix!)
- Serve immediately!
This recipe serves four to six, but of course, add more or less if serving a different sized crowd.