I love Minestrone Soup, but sometimes, it isn’t hearty enough to feed my hungry fam at dinnertime. No worries! I made this super easy Minestrone Skillet that has all the flavors of the soup but in pasta form. My kids really love this one! I love how simple it is and how there are few dishes to clean up when we’re done!
Happy dinnertime! xxPrint
A hearty pasta supper with all the flavors of delicious Minestrone Soup!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 bag frozen pea and carrot mix
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1 pound of penne pasta cooked to al dente (we use g-free)
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- chopped basil to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO.
- Once browned and crumbly, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper followed by your chopped onion. Sauté until the onion becomes tender (about 5 minutes) and then add in your chopped garlic followed by your beans, tomato sauce, frozen veggies and Italian seasoning blend. Bring this up to a bubble and then reduce heat to let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Next, stir in your cooked penne pasta.
- Sprinkle your skillet with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy
We use a gluten-free pasta to make this g-free for our family.