Oh friends! If you’re looking for a yummy, delicious and EASY little fall cookie recipe, I have it here for you!
My APPLE BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES with CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING couldn’t be more “September!”.
Bonus, these are very easy to make gluten-free too 🙂 .
Now, whether you top your cookies with frosting or not is your call. My family has enjoyed them both ways, so feel free to frost your batch or omit it, either way, these warm, cinnamony, delicious bites are a must this month.
Don’t forget, you can, of course, buy store bought apple butter or…
…you can try one of my two ways to make it at home.
Happy Apple Season, friends!
These Apple Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are a must in the fall! Now, whether you top your cookies with frosting or not is your call. My family has enjoyed them both ways, so feel free to frost your batch or omit it, either way, these warm, cinnamony, delicious bites are a must in September.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple butter
- 1½ cups quick cooking or regular oats (we use gluten-free)
- ½ cup all purpose flour (we use gluten-free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus a bit more for your frosting
- cream cheese frosting, we use store bought
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (we use Pam) a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together your egg, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Next, beat in your apple butter.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in your oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Drop by the tablespoon-full your batter on to your prepared baking sheet.
- Pop your cookies into the oven and bake 9 to 10 minutes.
- You can either serve your cookies warm without frosting or allow your cookies to cool and then add about ½ tablespoon of cinnamon to your store bought cream cheese frosting and top. Either way, they’re delicious!
Don’t forget, you can, of course, buy store bought apple butter or…you can make it homemade! Bonus, these are very easy to make gluten-free too.