‘Tis S’mores Season!
We have been making our SUPER SIMPLE S’MORES COOKIES on repeat over here! We made these a lot last year, and we’ve brought them back this fall too because these are so easy and absolutely delicious! My kids have been packing them in their lunch, eating them after school and having them after dinner.
Now, don’t forget, these cookies are also so simple to convert into gluten-free because the base is…a yellow cake mix. This way, if you’re GF like us, you can simply sub with a yellow or white gluten-free cake mix. Easy as that!
For other delicious s’mores recipes from me, see below:
S’MORES SNACK MIX
NO BAKE S’MORES CUPS
NO BAKE S’MORES BARS
‘Tis s’mores season! If you don’t have time to head outside and make an actual campfire, you can just whip up these cookies! Same flavors, super simple! Plus, it’s so easy to make these g-free too!
- 1 box of yellow or white cake mix (we use gf)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs (see note below)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together your dry cake mix (do NOT prepare per package directions, just add the mix!), eggs, and vegetable oil with an electric mixer. Once combined, stir in your graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
- Drop your batter on to your prepared baking sheet and bake about 10 to 11 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool before removing from pan and enjoying.
You can buy graham cracker crumbs at the store or you can make them yourself. We use gluten-free graham crackers at our house. Simply place your graham cracker squares in your food processor and pulse a few seconds until crumbly. Easy as that!