I hate to toot my own horn…but y’all…this recipe is so stinkin’ good! I mean…it’s like really, really delicious (and easy too!). I also love this recipe because it’s super versatile.
1. You can have it for breakfast/brunch.
2. You can serve it with a salad and have it for dinner.
3. You can make it in advance.
4. You can travel with it pot luck style.
5. You can make it with store bought cornbread.
5. You can make it with homemade cornbread.
No matter how you make it, your friends and family will devour it!
Okay…so for the cornbread, you are going to need about a 9″ pie plate portion of cornbread. So, you can either whip up a batch yourself (that blue Jiffy box makes the perfect amount for this recipe!) or you can buy some at your grocery store/bakery that’s already prepared. If you have about 6 or 8 cornbread muffins, those work too. No matter how you get your cornbread, it will work for this.
I’m telling you…delicious!
This recipe serves about six to eight.