What’s Up Wednesday {01.31.18}

whatsupwedupdated

It’s the first  What’s Up Wednesday of 2018!

And the first month of the year is already in the books.  #bam

Once a month, my friends Mel, Sheaffer and I host this link up where we share some random and fun stuff that’s up with us today.  If you blogged WUW too, make sure you link up at the bottom of the post!  Every month, we answer these questions…

wuwquestions-edit

…in our What’s Up Wednesday posts!

I’m excited to see what everyone is up to right now!  It’s hard to believe we’re already to February.  Here’s what the Shull fam has going on right now…

1: WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK:

Meal Planning Monday

Give me all the soups/chilis/slow cooker food right now. If you missed my Meal Planning Monday from earlier this week, you can catch it HERE.

Plus, if you want to see all of my cookbooks and add one or two to your collection, you can see those HERE.

For breakfast this weekend, you should totally make these…

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

…my Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.  And did you see these cut out cookies today...

Valentine's Cut Out Cookies

…aren’t they cute?!  My kids had so much fun decorating them (and the recipe couldn’t be easier!).

2. WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT:

Our fun post-Christmas trip to Colorado!  I just love the downtime with my family 🙂 .

3: WHAT I’M LOVING:

I’m still loving this sweater from last month…

This sweater has been on repeat around here.   It is so soft (and comes in multiple colors) and easy to wear…

#cantstopwontstop

4: WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO:

Lots of nothing.  The kids are back in school, I’m back out of bed (woohoo!) and we’re just enjoying the normal.

5: WHAT I’M DREADING:

Honestly, Ashby’s next procedure.  The last one did not go well, so I’m very much dreading this next one.

6: WHAT I’M WORKING ON:

Several things!

First of all, I’m SO EXCITED about the new adoption Facebook group we started on Monday.  It has already blessed me so much!!  If you are a mama with adoption in your heart and/or home, then make sure you read THIS POST about my new group!  I am just so excited to see all of the families created by adoption.

Also, I’m busy planning vacations over at my travel agency.  I would say that right now, we are booking a ton of fall trips for everyone who wants to go fun places like Walt Disney World or on a Disney Cruise (where Halloween and Christmas is done RIGHT at both!!).  Mix and Match Travel Agency is planning trips departing after April 2018 for Mexico, Walt Disney World and cruises all over the world for new clients (we send existing clients anywhere!).  Email us at mixandmatchtravelagency@yahoo.com if you’re ready to plan your 2018 trip too.

Look at this fun pic…

…just this month, we sent some of our sweet clients on a cruise that ported in Morocco.  So cool, right?!  We’d love to help you too!

7: WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT:

Can I repeat myself here and say the adoption group on Facebook?  Because that’s my answer.

8: WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING:

My January Book Review was up yesterday…

January Book Review

…you can see it HERE.  I loved all seven books that I read this month!!  If you missed my 2017 Book Review (where I named my favorite book of the year!), click HERE.

And I’m still watching…

…this show.  I love it SO MUCH!!

9: WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:

Right this minute?

French Cooking Music Radio on Pandora.

10: WHAT I’M WEARING:

Starting tomorrow…

Heart Sweatshirt//Tank//Jeans//Earrings//Nikes

And then I’m also loving this sweater

…it comes in four really pretty colors.  I bough white, but I loved the other three too!

And I’m really into layering my necklaces these days.  I love this choker with this necklace.  Easy to wear!

11: WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND:

Other than watching this girl play volleyball…

…not a whole lot else.

12: WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

I really want to enjoy one more lazy month at home.  When the weather warms up, we tend to stay outside longer and go, go, go more.  I’m going to try and soak in this cozy downtime while I can.

13: WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

Nothing else 🙂

Bonus question this month: What is your favorite soup recipe?

Have you seen this…

…I posted 20 of my Cozy Winter Soups HERE.  I would say that right now, we’re eating this one quite a bit…

Chicken Enchilada Soup

my Chicken Enchilada Soup.  And we always love this too…

Sweet

my Sweet Corn Chili.

Okay!  That’s What’s Up Wednesday today! If you blogged too, make sure you link up below.

• Reply Alexis deZayas January 31, 2018 at 4:38 am

Can’t believe it’s already the end of the month!! That Valentines top will be too cute on you tomorrow!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog January 31, 2018 at 4:45 am

Still thinking your Facebook group a lovely idea! 🙂
    And a lazy month at home sounds perfect!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams January 31, 2018 at 5:25 am

I might need to order one of those sweaters to cheer me up that I still need to wear sweaters for another 2 months most likely lol. Saying a prayer for Ashby’s next procedure too! Always enjoy WHW!!
    xo

• Reply Sheaffer Sims January 31, 2018 at 5:31 am

Man, I love a great soup! Need to put some of these in my rotation!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner January 31, 2018 at 5:34 am

How fun!! I can’t wait for February to break out all the reds, pinks, and whites! Have a great day!

• Reply Erika Slaughter January 31, 2018 at 5:37 am

I’m looking forward to one more slow month as well and keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day!

• Reply Marla January 31, 2018 at 5:39 am

❤ that sweatshirt, what size did you order?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama January 31, 2018 at 5:46 am

Small 🙂

• Reply Jacki January 31, 2018 at 6:12 am

Hi Shay!! Thank you for hosting WUW 🙂 One more slow month – enjoy it!
    I just noticed the link to your Pinterest and Instagram on the website, so cool! Then, I looked through your Pinterest photos – are you planning on renovating your home or building a new home with the photos of kitchens that you pin? DYING to know – I love a new home and I LOVE a new kitchen 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama January 31, 2018 at 7:02 am

Nope! I just like pinning house stuff. And you know Pinterest…once you start pinning one thing, it populates your whole feed with only that 😉 .

• Reply Narci January 31, 2018 at 6:13 am

That white sweater is adorable on you!! Love it!!

• Reply DG January 31, 2018 at 6:27 am

I am going to make your chicken enchilada soup—looks delicious!

I am loving this soup recipe! It tastes just like egg rolls and is so easy to make!

• Reply Kimberly January 31, 2018 at 6:48 am

Saying lots of prayers for your sweet Ashby that this next procedure goes better. I can’t imagine the anxiety that comes with each surgery for all of you ❤️

• Reply sydnee January 31, 2018 at 7:00 am

So many great soup recipes to try!

Design by Sydnee | January Reading List

• Reply Amber January 31, 2018 at 7:13 am

Hi! I am a relatively new reader, found your blog through a friend that told me the most special stories about Ashby. What a special daughter you have, so brave! Shay, would you ever consider doing a post about your “most popular posts” / most read posts? As a new reader I am sure there are older posts that I can go back to and read, so would love it if you can highlight the popular ones. Perhaps break them down into categories.. top 5 in adoption/style/hometour/food post etc. Just a thought and would make me so happy 🙂

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life January 31, 2018 at 7:19 am

Those cookies are adorable! And pinning those soups!!

• Reply Erin Port January 31, 2018 at 7:37 am

So glad you are feeling better and I have choked up multiple times reading everyone’s stories in the FB group 🙂 So fun to connect and hear such sweet stories about adoption, it encourages my heart! xoxo ERIN

• Reply Ann Marie Tennison January 31, 2018 at 8:04 am

I’m enjoying being inside more, too!!! Such a cozy month!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick January 31, 2018 at 8:27 am

I need that bell sleeve sweater! I’m going to order it in pink for Valentine’s Day. And we need to talk DISNEY WORLD soon!!! That Inspired Chick

• Reply Meg January 31, 2018 at 8:42 am

We love Madam Secretary!!!!

• Reply jen January 31, 2018 at 8:50 am

Volleyball mama alert – yay! I have a high school volleyball player and it’s the perfect sport for girls that like to do all kinds of different things – instead of being a crazy travel sport all year. The middle and high school seasons are at the beginning of the year and are short. My daughter is still able to do cotillion dance, show her cow, run track and participate in Young Life and of her other outdoorsy pursuits.
    Prayers for sweet Ashby. After years of being a teacher, I have a special heart for the bravery it takes these little ones with physical challenges that require ongoing procedures. I know your family is strengthened because of it, but it’s still hard for mamas to watch.

• Reply Tish Ferry January 31, 2018 at 8:57 am

Yes! You said it perfectly, need to soak up one more cozy slow month! I’ll be praying for sweet Ashby and your Momma heart as well. Thank you for sharing and allowing us to pray!

Simply Tish

• Reply Whitney Pegram January 31, 2018 at 9:01 am

I’m so with you on one more slow month … especially because in just a few more weeks life is about to get crazy as we welcome baby girl into the world!! 😍

• Reply Julie January 31, 2018 at 10:11 am

Man, it’s so hard when you have a kid’s medical procedure that you dread, isn’t it? I feel like those weigh on me much more than anything I dread for myself. I’ll keep you family in my prayers. ❤️

• Reply Mary January 31, 2018 at 10:19 am

What size are you wearing in the white V-neck sweater?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama January 31, 2018 at 11:38 am

xsmall

• Reply Chelsea January 31, 2018 at 10:45 am

Sweet corn chili sounds amazing!! I’m going to have to give that one a try for sure!!

Those Valentines cookies are too cute!! Your littles did a great job decorating! 🙂

Also–I love the layered necklaces too!!

• Reply WhittyWife January 31, 2018 at 11:39 am

I’m praying for sweet Ashby’s next procedure… and for you and your family! <3 I understand how very hard it is to have difficult, regular procedures, and I'm praying for health and strength for all of you!

• Reply Sara M Alexander January 31, 2018 at 11:46 am

I have Disney World on the brain, we just took our kiddos for the first time! Have you taken your kiddos there?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama January 31, 2018 at 12:24 pm

My big two went when they were 2 & 3!

• Reply Emma Luongo January 31, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Sending positive thoughts for Ashby’s next procedure!

• Reply Mel @ The Larson Lingo January 31, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Praying for Ashby’s next procedure & hoping it goes better than the last one. Xoxo.
    Love doing WUW with you 🙂

• Reply Tracy January 31, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Madam Secretary is my favorite!

• Reply Stephanie Landrum January 31, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Just linked up for the first time!! So much fun!!!

• Reply Sara February 1, 2018 at 5:37 am

i made your sweet corn chili for the first time and oh my gosh! amazing! and i’m not a huge corn fan. instead of chili powder, i took a note from your “taco chili” and used a packet of taco seasoning. soooo gooood!! 🙂 thanks for the recipe!