Mother’s Day Menu

Mother's Day Menu

Guys!  It’s almost Mother’s Day!!!

Typically, when I host Mother’s Day, we do a more “girly” menu (think salads, dips, muffins and light bites) and you can see that complete menu HERE.  It’s really good and my mama sure does love it!!  (There are other yummy things like a Strawberry Buttermilk Cake and Lobster Rolls on there as well!)  This year, however, my mama asked if we could have a backyard dinner for Mother’s Day.  She said she just wanted to sit on my patio and watch her grandkids play in the pool.  I mean, that does sound nice, right?!  So, our menu this year is backyard inspired.

Whether you go for my more traditional menu or this one, it’s sure to please your mama too. xo

Candied Jalapeno Bacon Pimento Cheese Dip

So, we have to start off with some sort of dip, right?  My Candied Jalapeno Bacon Pimento Cheese Dip is not only fantastic (seriously, make it!), but can be prepared in advance (which is super helpful when you’re entertaining!).

Panzanella Salad

My favorite salad this time of year is my Panzanella Salad.  It’s just perfection.

BLTortellini Pasta Salad

For a side?  BLTortellini Pasta Salad!  I’ve said this a million times before, but my mom loves anything BLT.

BBQ Apricot Grilled Chicken

And on the grill?  BBQ Apricot Grilled Chicken.  Easy and delicious!

Lemon Berry Trifle

Wrapping things up for dessert, you should make my Lemon Berry Trifle.  So many yummy flavors in one easy recipe.

Happy (almost) Mother’s Day!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 9, 2018 at 4:37 am

Can’t get enough of your Panzanella Salad! It’s been my favourite of your recipes since the day I began reading your blog. 🙂

• Reply jamie May 9, 2018 at 4:40 am

what is your favorite good quality ranch for the blt pasta?

mother’s day for us this year will be a wee bit different because my daughter is getting married on saturday! we’ll still be at the venue sunday so we’ll how we spend mother’s day 2018!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 9, 2018 at 5:30 am

I love Marie’s 🙂 .

• Reply Mallory May 9, 2018 at 6:02 am

Whenever I click on either of the links to your “traditional” mother’s day Menu, it sends me to yesterday’s chores & allowance post instead. 🤔

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 9, 2018 at 6:03 am

Well…that’s weird???? Going to check that out now!

• Reply Mallory May 9, 2018 at 6:48 am

It’s fixed now! Thank you! 😊

• Reply Narci Dreffs May 9, 2018 at 6:17 am

Yum!!! That dip looks amazing. This is the perfect menu for Morher’s Day weekend!

• Reply DG May 9, 2018 at 6:53 am

That pimento dip is the bomb! (do people still say that??) I made it for a party and it was gone in seconds!

• Reply Brandye May 9, 2018 at 9:28 am

I made the bbq apricot chicken last night, after you posted something about it last week (I think?). We also had grilled corn on the cob and a salad…with lemonade pie for dessert. So, basically it’s like you planned our dinner. And I will be saving these recipes! Everything was delish and gobbled up! I’m sad I have no leftovers.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 9, 2018 at 9:53 am

Ah! Thank you so much, Brandye!! This made my day!

• Reply Alexis deZayas May 9, 2018 at 11:19 am

That sounds like the perfect Mothers Day!! And a yummy menu!

• Reply heather May 9, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Bacon Pimento Cheese dip? Ahhhh….need this in my life!