Friday Favorites

Whoop, whoop!Β  It’s Friday!!Β  I’m writing this blog post from…

…the orthodontist’s office πŸ™‚ .Β  #momlife

Smith and I have come full circle…

…I had braces on when I gave birth to him…

…and now, he has bracesΒ  πŸ™‚ .

Today, I’m really excited about my Friday Favorites because I loved one thing so much this week that I’m scratching my normal list and focusing on one new item.Β  Nordstrom asked me if I wanted to partner with them and ShopStyle and chat with you guys again about neutrals for fall (because we had so much fun doing that in August), so I went online to see what I could find and ordered something I’ve heard about for years, but never tried.

And then it arrived.

And then, I tried it on.

And now, I am so in love with it that I’m throwing all of the other “favorites” out the window this week because this deserves all the spotlight.

Friends, I finally bought…

the Spanx faux-leather leggings and ALL THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

Oh my gosh!Β  I did not expect to love them this much!!

Here’s the deal, I’ve heard about these leggings for years from so many people, but I’ve never purchased them because I think my black jeans are so comfy that I just wear them instead.Β  (You know how much I love my black jeans and right now, they’re 20% off!!)Β  When I decided to work with Nordstrom and look at some great fall neutrals, the black leggings popped up, and I thought “why not?”.Β  And then they came and I was like giddy.Β  Is that weird?Β  Probably.Β  They’re so comfortable (the wide band at the top doesn’t cut you off or dig into you), they hold their shape (now that I’ve worn them for several days, I can attest to the fact that they don’t get baggie as the day wears on), they’re thick (because no one wants leggings that you can see through!) and they just seem to go with whatever I put on!Β  I got kind of crazy and started trying them on with different things to show you…

This sweater comes in several colors and is only $35!Β  I thought it was super cute with jeans and…

the Spanx leggings!Β  (FYI: I bought them in a small!)

See how it’s long enough in the back to cover your bum?Β  I thought the whole look was really cute!

I paired my new favorite leggings with those booties that I wear all the time because THEY’RE SO COMFORTABLE!!Β  I think these booties come in like 20 different colors and patterns, but my grey ones just seem to work with everything.Β  I can walk forever in these things!

I love you, booties.Β  (I also love you grey sweater!)

I also paired that pretty yellow sweater with the leggings too!Β  I’ve shown you this sweater before.Β  I think the yellow just screams FALL, but it does come in other colors too!

I was wearing a black cami under everything (because I love them so much!), but I wanted you to see the waistband on these leggings.Β  See how nice and high it is?Β  This way, it doesn’t dig into your skin.

Here is the tank with the leggings so you can see both.Β  It basically felt like I was wearing pjs πŸ™‚ .

Here are the leggings with this flowy tunic top I showed you guys in August and then…

…I put on just a tee and wore this exact outfit the rest of the day.Β  #socomfy

Now, in my search for the perfect Nordstrom neutrals, I also found this sweater

…that I have on with my jeans.Β  I probably will return it since I like the longer one with the leggings, but it’s really cute, so I wanted you to see!Β  This next thing, I am FOR SURE keeping…

…um, hello cozy jacket!

This jacket is so light and easy to wear plus…

…look at the inside!!!!Β  I mean…LOOK!Β  It is so soft!!!Β  Besides this color, the jacket also comes in pink πŸ™‚ .

And one more sweater just for good measure…

…it’s not neutral, but it certainly is FUN for fall and winter!!Β  I’m also wearing this sweater with my jeans, a cami and those booties πŸ™‚ .

Now, I wanted to show you one last thing…

…look how cute their little sneakers are!!!

We bought these in August for “back to school”, but are just now wearing them and they are IN LOVE!Β  Look at the back…

…they’re cats!Β  Oh my word!Β  They’re wearing these sneakers every day!Β  They’re perfect for school and oh so cute too!Β  I let them each pick which style they wanted and they picked two different ones.Β  I love them both πŸ™‚ .

Want to know what else I love?Β  I love partnering with Nordstrom because they make everything so easy!Β  For instance, they were able to hem my jeans when I bought them right there in store, they ship everything to me for free and also return things for free plus, they’re just so darn nice when you go into the store and knowledgeable too!!

One more thing before we end our workweek…

…you can see all of my CRAZY GOOD CHILI RECIPES HERE.Β  You do not want to miss this batch of deliciousness!

Happy Friday, friends!Β  I’m off to Oktoberfest!! xo

• Holley@BeeSimplyOrganized.com September 27, 2019 at 4:47 am

Love these! Thanks for sharing! Have fun at Oktoberfest!

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 27, 2019 at 4:50 am

Braces look good on you, Shay! I’m getting braces soon actually – hopefully I don’t look odd with them! Haha! Have a great weekend! πŸ’•βœ¨

• Maggie Malone September 27, 2019 at 5:16 am

They are by far my favorite leggings ever! I’ve had them for a year and they still look brand new.

• Erika Slaughter September 27, 2019 at 5:47 am

You’ll find yourself wearing those leggings all the time!! Dressing them up or down! So glad you finally caved and that yellow sweater you wore this week is darling!

• Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams September 27, 2019 at 5:53 am

Love the girls sneakers and your sneakers! I think that first outfit looks comfy but cool with the leggings and sweater. Have a great weekend!

Amanda @ Cupcake N DreamsΒ

• Taylor September 27, 2019 at 5:58 am

Yes the leggings are worth the hype!! I bought them at the N sale and it was my favorite purchase.

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 6:03 am

Why did it take me so long to buy them?!?!

• Emily September 27, 2019 at 6:28 am

Random question…does Smith ride in the front seat? I only ask as my understanding is they can’t until 13 in Texas and would hate for you to get in trouble!

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 7:29 am

We were parked at Sonic getting post-braces milkshakes πŸ˜‰ .

• Laura September 27, 2019 at 7:20 am

You look amazing!!! What’s your work out routine?? How many days?

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 7:28 am

I’m going to do an updated post on that!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

• Elspeth September 27, 2019 at 7:27 am

Spanx and leggings?! Sign me up! Have a great time Oktoberfesting!!!

• Haddee September 27, 2019 at 7:28 am

For smiths halloween costume he could be Scream. My son did that last year.

• Henson September 27, 2019 at 7:35 am

Has anything changed in Kensington’s room now that she is older? Has anything changed in Smith’s room? I was just curious since the last pictures of their rooms are from 2014. Just curious! Thanks

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 8:15 am

Other than Santa brought them desks two years ago, pretty much, no. They’ve added some stuff and removed some toys, but bedding/furniture has stayed the same!

• Erin September 27, 2019 at 7:44 am

Hey shay I made a loaf of pumpkin bread but it sort of crumbled and is not holding together. I was wondering if you think I could turn it into Cake balls. I saw your recipe and thought it might be a good way to use up the bread. Do you think it would taste good and work? Also what type of frosting would you use. Thanks

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 8:14 am

Yes!!!! That’s the perfect way to use it up!!! I would make it easy and just combine it with store bought cream cheese frosting!

• Narci September 27, 2019 at 7:59 am

I adore those leggings and those shoes together! On of my favorite combos for looking pulled together in the fall and winter but still being comfortable! Glad you made the plunge!! you look darling!

• Kelly September 27, 2019 at 8:15 am

Those tops are so cute! I’m so ready for fall weather! But, it’s going to be 95 in Georgia today!!!😰

• Vivian G September 27, 2019 at 8:40 am

The dentist we go to doesn’t think my boys need braces until they have all their adult teeth, but I’ve noticed your kids get them really young. How did you work that out? πŸ€”

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 11:55 am

Our dentist likes to do two phases, so she sends kids to get them at an ortho here that does that. Smith has braces only on 8 teeth because they can see on his scans that his adult teeth coming in need more room, so those 8 teeth will move to make room. When they lose all of their teeth, they’ll do phase 2 to finish them off.

• Julie September 27, 2019 at 8:42 am

I am intrigued by the leggings lol! They look really really cute and seem to go with everything. As another Friday favorite, my 12 year old daughter and I just watched “Tall” on Netflix together. It’s a REALLY cute movie, funny, adorable and sweet. Also just a nice message about how being different and standing out is a good thing. I know you and K like watching movies so I thought I’d share. Enjoy Oktoberfest! I love fall!!!

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 11:53 am

I’ve never heard of Tall! Thank you so much for the recommendation!!! xo

• julie September 27, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Oh oops, the whole title is “Tall Girl!” Hope you and K enjoy it πŸ™‚

• Ashley-Rae Vaughan September 27, 2019 at 8:55 am

HI! Where did the cute Halloween/fall tee come from, please? Thanks πŸ™‚

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 11:53 am

Jane.com has been my go-to for fall tees this year!!

• Sarah M. September 27, 2019 at 9:41 am

I love the leggings too, but one thing I found was that when I wore them on an overseas flight last year, they were just a little too tight on my stomach. I know you have your plane outfits, but wanted to mention this to you. I have the camo print ones, so fun!

• Katie Compton September 27, 2019 at 9:48 am

Hi Shay! The last sweater, the multi-colored one, do you feel its TTS? On the Nordstrom site is says it runs big and to order down. Just wanted your thoughts. I love the multi-color one with the pinks and maroons!

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 11:52 am

I bought it in an xsmall which is my TTS for almost all sweaters, so if you’re on the fence, go down but if you’re not, I wouldn’t.

• Addison September 27, 2019 at 10:03 am

I got those Spanx leggings last year for Christmas and I am obsessed! So cute and so worth every penny! I just ordered those gray wedge sneakers today. Can’t wait to get them!

• Emily September 27, 2019 at 10:08 am

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day? Just wondering!! Haha! 😊

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 11:51 am

I’m on my third right now. Hahaha! It’s this time of year! It makes me want all the coffee!

• Beth Hall September 27, 2019 at 10:19 am

So are the leggings β€œfancy”? I can’t tell from the pics but the main reason i haven’t bought them is that i thought they would be too nice for every day wear. You know like i should be going to a holiday party or a Broadway show instead of Dollar Tree 🀣

• Mix and Match Mama September 27, 2019 at 11:51 am

I totally think you could go either way! When we were in NYC last fall, one of my friends wore them to dinner and the other, during the day while we were site-seeing. I think you can dress them up or down!

• Samantha LZ September 27, 2019 at 10:35 am

Love that jacket!!! Wonder if they have a matching one for my toddler. First time mom and I’ve definitely become that mom who tried to match her daughter.

• Erica September 27, 2019 at 10:48 am

Shay – what size did you order in the cozy fleece lined jacket? Thanks!

• Brittany Schultz September 27, 2019 at 12:28 pm

I love the Spanx leggings but mine are sooo long on me. Do they have different lengths? 😊

• Mix and Match Mama September 28, 2019 at 7:17 am

They don’t! I have mine tucked under!

• Misty S. September 27, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I NEED those cat shoes in adult sizes!! Adorable. I have been on the fence about the Spanx faux-leather leggings too. I have a pair of Spanx capri length leggings that I like but they take some getting used to. Just wondering if the faux-leather ones are as “tight” all over as the original?

• Mix and Match Mama September 28, 2019 at 7:17 am

I sized up! I don’t know if that’s normal or not, but I thought the fit was perfect after I did.

• Mother of 3 September 27, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Love the cut and style of that mustard and the gray sweater.

• Ashley September 27, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Can you share the exact name of your pumpkin tee from Jane.com? Thanks!

• Debbie Dunbar September 27, 2019 at 10:27 pm

I am planning to try the pumpkin muffin recipe with just three ingredients. Could I do this as loaves?

Thanks!

• Mix and Match Mama September 28, 2019 at 7:16 am

I don’t think it will hold its shape. Now, I haven’t tried it, but the recipe is so dense, that I think it might collapse out of the loaf pan. Let me know what happens if you try it!

• J Edwards September 28, 2019 at 8:56 am

Where are the girls matching dresses and leggings from?
    So adorable!

• Victoria September 28, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Looove my spanx leggings I have them in regular and moto!! Careful though, I gained about 10 lbs last holiday season and had no idea because they were all I ever wore πŸ˜‚ normally my jeans getting tight would be a clear sign but those darn spanx just go with everything!!