Listen, I have very few real skills in life…but one skill I do have is being able to insert pumpkin into just about anything. So, the other morning, when I went to make my MAPLE SAUSAGE BALLS, I thought “what if I use a pumpkin pancake mix instead of traditional Bisquick?”. Um, I’ve now made these THREE TIMES! Girls, it’s as easy as that!!! I used this…
…from Trader Joe’s which is (bonus) also gluten-free, so this was a double high five if I do say so myself. A little maple…a little sausage…a whole lot of yumminess at breakfast.
Come fall time, swap out Bisquick in my traditional Maple Sausage Balls for a pumpkin pancake mix and you get an even more fabulous breakfast bite!
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage (I used Owen’s), uncooked
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cups pumpkin pancake mix
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (use a really good one)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and then spray it with cooking spray (for easy clean up). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients with a hand mixer. Don’t over-beat, just lightly blend. Roll out the mixture into golf ball sized balls and place them on your prepared baking dish.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and serve immediately or at room temperature.
We use Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Pancake Mix to keep this a g-free recipe!