Have a few ripe bananas at home? It’s time to make my Blender Banana Muffins!
If you haven’t made them, today should be the day. You can also mix and match this recipe and make BLENDER PUMPKIN BREAD, CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT MUFFINS, or my PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERSCOTCH BANANA MUFFINS.
We always use my favorite g-free flour (Namaste), but for years and years, I used plain old all purpose flour, so totally feel free to sub whichever fits your lifestyle better. I love a basic banana muffin because my kids can jazz them up any old way…add peanut butter, almond butter, jam, Nutella or eat them plain…they’re a blank canvas for you to create a delicious breakfast or snack.
Bonus, you whip up the ingredients in a blender, so they’re really fast!
The simplest little muffin you’ll make time and time again!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- about 1 cup of mashed bananas (the more ripe the better, about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour (we use Namaste g-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place muffin wrappers in a 12-count muffin tin (or grease well).
- Put your first four ingredients right inside your blender. Blend it up until smooth (not long, less than a minute).
- Next, add your flour, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl. Slowly pour your banana mixture into this flour mixture and stir until just just combined.
- Divide this batter into your prepared muffin tins.
- Pop in the oven and bake about 18 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least five minutes before removing and enjoying. Store your muffins at room temp.
To keep things g-free, we use Namaste gluten-free flour! Eat them plain or top them with Nutella, peanut butter, jam, honey or whatever other delicious topping you love!