Girlfriend Chat with Andrea!

Ah!  It’s another edition of GIRLFRIEND CHAT!

This year, I wanted to let you in a bit on my friendships with some very special people…so, I call them and we record the phone conversation.  They’re random, they’re funny…they’re totally US!  Now, you all know I’m inept at technology, so these calls are not podcast quality…but they’re better than nothing, right?!

Today, I’m sharing a recorded phone call with…

ANDREA!

Here’s the funny thing…we recorded this 25 minute phone call and then she immediately called me right back and we talked another 45 minutes.  Hahahaha!  Is that girlfriend life or what?!  Andrea was one of my VERY first friends here in McKinney.  When Andrew and I moved here 13 years ago, we knew no one.  Zero peeps.  We quickly joined a church and visited a Sunday school class where I met my first three friends in McKinney, TX: Andrea, Karla and Manda.  And as you know…these are friendships that have weathered the storms together…

Andrea and I have always been close.  Our families have shared more meals together in each other’s homes than one can count.  We’ve been there together on our best days and on our very worst.

I am so blessed to call this girl one of my very best girlfriends.  She’s funny, smart, a little sassy, SUPER creative, witty, such a good mama, great wife and fantastic friend.

Here they are…the 2.0 version of Shay and Andrea.  They’re killin’ it 😉 .

You can listen to our chat HERE.  We discuss everything from cheese to being intentional, middle school math, pumpkins and more.

Love you so much, Andrea!!!

Before you go, I have more chats for you to enjoy!

Hear me chat with my sister-in-law Catherine HERE , my dad HERE ,Erika HERE, and Meagan HERE.

• Reply Erika Slaughter September 10, 2018 at 4:40 am

YAY Andrea!! I can’t wait to listen to this!!! {And I love that you discuss cheese-ha!}

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 10, 2018 at 4:41 am

Man, it feels like forever since I’ve had a long phone chat with my girlfriends! My best friend and I used to talk for hours on end even after seeing each other all day at school! Brings back the memories. 🙂

• Reply Elspeth Mizner September 10, 2018 at 5:42 am

Love your girlfriend chat posts! So fun

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 10, 2018 at 5:54 am

Going to listen RIGHT NOW!!!! And cheese should ALWAYS be a topic of conversation.

• Reply Narci September 10, 2018 at 6:15 am

How fun!!! I can’t wait to listen to this!!!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams September 10, 2018 at 8:18 am

Ah love following Andrea! She’s so creative and I love her pulled pork recipe!

• Reply Kathy L September 10, 2018 at 8:20 am

This phone call with Andrea is so fun! She is the kind of person I would be best friends with too! Love her blog and instagram feed/stories. 🙂

• Reply Keisha Dawson September 10, 2018 at 8:23 am

I can’t wait to listen! I’m so thankful to have found her through your blog! She’s such a sweetheart!

• Reply Amy September 10, 2018 at 8:29 am

Gosh I just love Andrea….she’s so down to earth and has some great recipes!!! Always enjoy the chats…listened on my way home from taking my son to school. I’m waiting for Sheaffer Simms soon and now I’m off to reserve your latest cookbook!!! Anything that gives me a grocery list is a win win for me!!!

• Reply Tish Ferry September 10, 2018 at 8:49 am

Love Andrea and following her on Instagram! She is so creative! And I just love her heart! Had fun listening to you girls chat! 🙂 Simply Tish

• Reply LeeAnn September 10, 2018 at 9:02 am

I love these posts! Having close friends and a support system is so important. I live far away from family and friends and I miss that cozy comfortable feeling you get being around the people that love you most. I’m a fall nut too so I can relate to the fall craziness haha! :). Can’t wait for the next chat!

• Reply Rebecca @ Every Piece Fits September 10, 2018 at 9:08 am

What a fun post, thanks for sharing! I always enjoy them. Girlfriend chats are much needed whether to discuss the ins and out of life or the smallest, trivial topics. It just feels good! XO

• Reply Theresa Wenz September 10, 2018 at 10:46 am

This is one of my favorite posts you do…okay, let’s be real….I love all of your posts. 😊 But seriously, it is fun to take a peek inside the relationships you have with some of your peeps…your friendship with Andrea is adorable. And cheese makes the whole a better place. 🧀😊

• Reply Liz Thorson September 10, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Sweet, very special friendship! Your interview/ chat was such fun to listen to, Shay! Here’s to another one of your besties! It’s not difficult to know you two are dear friends. The warmth, fun and love you share is very clear!
    ❤️

• Reply Theresa Wenz September 10, 2018 at 3:13 pm

***world, not whole. Duh

• Reply Tracy September 10, 2018 at 3:30 pm

LOVE this! Great advice on friendship. If I lived in Texas and was 15 years younger, I’d totally crash your friend group. LOL! I’m with you on loving all things fall and I could totally make a meal out of dips! 🙂

• Reply Leanne Gilchrist September 10, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Close relationships with a core, small group is one of the best things in life. Thanks, Shay, for sharing your life so freely.

• Reply Carly September 10, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Shay, I feel like everyone already has their forever friends and I’m still finding them. You and your girl tribe give me hope that they can come during Mommyhood! Also, make your fresh apple cake over the weekend. So delish!

• Reply Kelly September 10, 2018 at 7:39 pm

Shay! I made your pumpkin butterscotch bars this past weekend and they were INCREDIBLE. I was so afraid that they weren’t going to turn out because I used a pan that was just slightly smaller than what you used… but they were perfect. Now I want pumpkin butterscotch EVERYTHING. Could you possibly come up with a recipe for pumpkin butterscotch cupcakes?!

P.s. I tried posting this comment to the recipe but I didn’t see a comment forum

• Reply Ralinn September 10, 2018 at 9:09 pm

The phone call with Andrea was fun to listen too. It is wonderful to have special friendships. You have a great group of girlfriends.

• Reply Ashley W. September 10, 2018 at 9:31 pm

I love this! Please keep your girlfriend chats coming, I think this is my favorite one so far 🙂

• Reply Angela Ellingson September 10, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Listened this morning! Coming back to say I love you both!

• Reply Steph September 11, 2018 at 12:43 am

Hi, off topic but you and your family should come to Salem, MA in October! You could see the Sox play (hoping..), see the fall foliage… take a Hocus Pocus tour in Salem and much much more! I think you would LOVE it.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 11, 2018 at 5:21 am

I literally just told Andrew that this weekend!

• Reply Tasha September 11, 2018 at 8:53 am

Hi Shay! Do you think you’ll ever start an actual podcast? I would love to listen to these girlfriend chats along with podcasts on faith, adoption, family etc. while I’m driving or going on runs! 🙂

• Reply Kelly Buffington September 12, 2018 at 12:40 pm

Since you are two of my very favorite bloggers/instagrammers, I loved everything about this phone call!;) When Andrea asked you to name three things that were happening in her house that day, I really felt like one of them should have been that she had a big cup of hot tea in her hand:). Also, how great is it that you two have been teaching 3yo sunday school for 10 years!?! That, ladies, is commitment:).