Home for the Holidays!

Oh there’s no place like home for the holidays!

(I’m singing to myself!  Anyone else?!  Ha!).

Today’s post is all about our town’s annual Home For The Holidays!!  It’s always the weekend after Thanksgiving and one of my FAVORITE McKinney traditions.  Strike that, I think this IS my favorite McKinney tradition.  Here are the pics to prove it…

We had a volleyball tournament in the morning, so we headed to the square around 3:30 with my parents.  The weather was crisp, the carols were blaring and I was in H-E-A-V-E-N.  It  really is like a Hallmark Christmas movie.

As soon as we got there, we bumped into some of our dearest friends…Karla and her family were there too!  True story, my dad, brother and Andrew have only been sky diving one time and it was with her hubby.  I think once was enough for my men 😉 .

They set up artificial ice and snow for some fun tubing!  My girls were having zero fun.  Ha!

Down he goes!

And there she goes too!!  The little girls both passed on the tubing…they ate candy and watched instead.

She really wanted a pic 🙂 .

He may not like Hallmark movies, but he loves living inside one.

My dad’s wardrobe is always on point.

The stores were all decked out for the holidays.  Mom and Popcorn is one of our all-time faves!

Happiness.

Did you know that McKinney has a famous ski store on our square?!  People come from all over our state plus the bordering ones to shop at Doug & Lynda’s Ski Shop.  When you walk inside, it feels like you’re stepping into a vacation.  They’re only open during ski season…and I think Andrew Shull has started to get mail there 😉 .  He loves Doug & Lynda’s!

Love my bigs so much!!

There was just a bit of magic in the air.

The little girls might have passed on tubing, but they were not going to pass on the carousel!

That is seriously what my face looks like in every carousel picture.  Hahahahaha!

My “middles” stick together quite a bit.

Ashby was SO EXCITED that they had an inflatable slide with no bounce house.  She can do those!!

I’m pretty sure she slid 100 times.

From the shops to the restaurants, the theater in the middle and so much more, our square is a GEM!

Our annual tree lighting was later that night, and it’s always a fun event!  Our super cool mayor lights the tree and then we all sang carols as a community.  Seriously, I swear I saw Candace Cameron-Bure walk by 😉 .

They love their Papa Jay!

Fourteen years ago, Andrew told me we were going to move to McKinney and plant our business and our family and I threw a FIT.  It was not my proudest moment, but I just haaaaaaaaaaated the thought of moving to “Oklahoma” (as a Dallas girl, McKinney felt so far north!).  I dragggggggged my feet to McKinney only to have Andrew be SO FREAKING RIGHT (I hate it when that happens!  Haha!).  McKinney, you are home.  I want to live here until I die, and then, I want them to bury me here.  It’s good to be home. xo

• Reply Erika Slaughter December 3, 2019 at 4:47 am

Andrew knows best…or so he says. hahahahaha! Your pictures look like you had the place to yourself-where were the crowds of people? And how do I love McKinney and Candace Cameron Bure so much but not like those Hallmark movies?

• Reply Kimbrough December 3, 2019 at 4:53 am

As one who didn’t know, when I googled how far Dallas was from McKinney and saw it was 31 miles I had to laugh. I’m glad moving sooooo far away has worked out for you. 😉

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 3, 2019 at 5:00 am

It’s not far at all, it’s just not where I wanted to live, raise my kids, and have my life. At all. This was also the hot minute after I got home from living in Detroit with him…which is quite a bit further 😉 .

• Reply Jennifer December 3, 2019 at 6:43 am

Thanks for googling that, I was about to! Lol

• Reply Sheaffer Sims December 3, 2019 at 5:18 am

Okay, so my family needs to be home for this one year. You know you’re never going to get me to a parade, but I’m TOTALLY ON BOARD for slowly strolling through the square while being FESTIVE! Great family pics!

• Reply Gentry Adams December 3, 2019 at 5:25 am

You make me want to plan a trip to McKinney asap! What a charming town!!

• Reply Narci December 3, 2019 at 5:32 am

I just love our town so much. This post gave me all the happy feels! Loved all these pics from Home for the Holidays!

• Reply Jenny December 3, 2019 at 6:29 am

This makes me want to jump on a plane to McKinney right now…from MInnesota where our ground is already covered in snow!

Kensington’s festive outfits always make me smile, you have an adorable family!

Happy Holidays’

• Reply Ranisa Brletich December 3, 2019 at 8:21 am

I am from Minnesota too! Well, this is our second winter here. I love it!

• Reply Elspeth December 3, 2019 at 6:30 am

This sounds so perfect and the best way to start the Christmas season. So fun and festive and perfect for all families.

• Reply Carly December 3, 2019 at 6:30 am

Top 3 things I’m grateful for. The feeling of home. There is nothing else like it!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 3, 2019 at 7:37 am

You and your family are the cutest! ❤️✨

• Reply Allison December 3, 2019 at 8:09 am

We visited McKinney last summer and it really was a lovely town. We’ll have to come back and check out the holiday celebrations sometime!

• Reply Colleen December 3, 2019 at 8:17 am

Where are your little girls cute sweaters from? The reindeer fuzzy ones!

• Reply Alissa December 3, 2019 at 8:37 am

I think you need to start sending Hallmark emails to petition McKinney as a filming location for one of next year’s movies! I’m an avid Hallmark Christmas movie fan and think McKinney is the PERFECT location! And this is coming from someone who lives in and adores her community in your neighboring Frisco! 🙂

• Reply Alisha December 3, 2019 at 9:07 am

My husband and I have gone to McKinney for a getaway every year for the past 6-7 years (even spent our baby moons there). We always stayed at McKinney Bed and Breakfast and spent our time (and money! ha!) on the Square. This past year, the owners of McKB&B (and now friends) retired and we didn’t go. The withdrawal and homesickness has been so very real for me – fall in McKinney was in my soul! So thank you for posting about “our” place and letting me at least live vicariously! Everything you say about it is absolutely true!

• Reply Emily H December 3, 2019 at 9:42 am

Love, love, love your earrings!! Where are they from? Nickel and Suede, maybe??

• Reply Elizabeth T December 3, 2019 at 9:54 am

“He may not like Hallmark movies, but he loves living inside one.”
    Perfectly said! I love this

• Reply Mix and Match Mama December 3, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Awe, thank you. I still really don’t understand why he doesn’t like Hallmark movies though 🙂 .

• Reply Laci December 3, 2019 at 10:19 am

nothing feels like HOME does!!

• Reply Patty Anderson December 3, 2019 at 10:20 am

We’re a retired military family and have lived LOTS of places, but not once have we lived in a town so adorable as McKinney. I love how y’all are such a close-knit community! It really must be like living in a Hallmark movie!

• Reply CATHERINE December 3, 2019 at 12:02 pm

what a lovely family:bigs and little ones.wish you a lovely Christmas time from FRANCE

• Reply Vicki Leuck December 3, 2019 at 1:19 pm

Well, you almost have our Celebration Florida beat but not quite 😘 Hope you will visit our charming little neighborhood and shops/restaurants. Oh and bonus… we’re only 10 min from Disney World!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick December 3, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Downtown at Christmas really does look like it’s straight out of a Hallmark movie. So pretty! Love that family photo! Great shot!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Denise December 3, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Totally off topic, but “Someone We Know” by Shari Lapena is a must read! I read her other books based on your reviews and this one is great!

• Reply Meredith December 3, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Great town! Love your leather jacket and you have the same Gucci bag as Sheaffer got – it must be a good one!
    Thats what i want for Christmas!!

• Reply Sarah December 4, 2019 at 7:45 am

We love McKinney too! We went to Home for the Holidays with our 18 month old and had so much – we were big fans of the petting zoo this year. Maybe next year we’ll be able to do more!