31 Days of October Recipes!

It’s October!!!

Anyone else super excited about this?!

This year, during the month of October, I’m going to feature one recipe a day that you should make for the season.  Some of them are pumpkin, some Halloween inspired, and some are just good fall recipes.  Here’s the whole round up for the entire month!  From savory to sweet, breakfast to entrees and of course, desserts too…it’s 31 Days of October Recipes!

DAY 1

DAY 30

Apple Butterscotch Pecan Bread

APPLE BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN BREAD

DAY 31 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Candy Corn Cheesecake

CANDY CORN CHEESECAKE

I don’t know about you, but I’m in the mood to get my fall cooking on!

I hope you have the best start to your month!  Sending you so much love this October!! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 1, 2019 at 4:46 am

Love the fall vibes and Halloween inspired dishes! Great post, Shay! 🙂

• Reply Hayden October 1, 2019 at 11:20 am

Do you think the pumpkin got chocolate would work and be good if I used semi sweet chocolate chips instead of white chocolate

• Reply Sallie October 1, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Can you do a meal planning Monday where you photograph the kids plates. I am curious to what each of your kids gravitate towards

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 1, 2019 at 2:32 pm

I don’t have photos of their plates with each recipe. I could do a post on that though! You would see what my picture shows but with ketchup. They always add ketchup. Hahaha!

• Reply Deedee October 1, 2019 at 12:48 pm

If I wanted to make your Italian chicken noodle soup without using a slow cooker what would I do. We don’t have a slow cooker and I have been wanting to make your Italian chicken noodle soup. I am bad at making recipes and Need help figuring out how to do it without a slow cooker.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 1, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Stove top! Poach your chicken and shred first (or use a rotisserie chicken) and then let it simmer about 20 minutes.

• Reply Riley October 1, 2019 at 12:50 pm

Any chance you can post an instant pot brisket recipe?

• Reply Paige October 1, 2019 at 12:55 pm

Hi shay We are have a dinner party and going to be serving a large group of people (12). I was trying to decide between your buffalo chicken enchiladas or your shrimp and corn pasta. If you were picking between those two which one would you pick. Which one would be easier for a large group of people. Should I double or triple the recipe?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 1, 2019 at 2:29 pm

For a larger group, I would pick the enchiladas so that it’s easy to make them ahead and portion out!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 1, 2019 at 2:30 pm

It’s on my to-do list!! 🙂

• Reply Kay October 2, 2019 at 8:27 am

Hi shay
    My family really wanted to make your Italian brisket sandwiches but we don’t have a slow cooker. Could we do it without one? How would we do it? I saw you have one brisket recipe for the oven.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 2, 2019 at 9:23 am

Brown it first and then cook it low and slow in the oven. I would do it for about 4 hours at 250 degrees.

• Reply Gracie October 3, 2019 at 8:29 am

Hey shay
    I am making your pumpkin got chocolate today for my family but was going to half the recipe since we are only serving 2 adults and 3 little kids. I know you said in your slow cooker post that the slow cooker needs to be at least half way full in order to function correctly. If I half the recipe will it at least take up half? We don’t have a small slow cooker.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 4, 2019 at 4:45 am

How big is your slow cooker? How many quarts? I just don’t want it to burn!

• Reply Gracie October 4, 2019 at 7:25 am

Ours is 10 quarts. Thanks so much for the advise

• Reply Diana October 3, 2019 at 10:46 am

Do you think I could make the Oreo pumpkins ghosts instead? Would I just keep the whites chocolate white and use fondant for the mouth and eyes? What would you use for the mouth and eyes? Thanks so much for the amazing kid friendly recipes!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 4, 2019 at 4:44 am

TOTALLY!!! How cute!! I would use frosting with a very tiny tip for those smaller details.

• Reply Nicole October 3, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Hello!! I’m hosting dinner and want to make either your Stovetop Chicken Pot Pie or Sweet Corn Chili? What would you do? And what would you serve it with? Thanks!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 4, 2019 at 4:43 am

Awe! Both are so delish!! I think I”ll say the chili because it’s one of my very favorite recipes EVER! I would serve cornbread and a big salad. If you want one more veggie, then I would do roasted Brussels sprouts!

• Reply Nicole October 4, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Awesome!! Thanks SO much! What kind of salad would you serve? Thanks!!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 5, 2019 at 5:50 am

Probably a big Caesar or like a chopped salad with red onion, olives, tomatoes and maybe feta?