Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Here ye, here ye!  It’s time for another TRADER JOE’S FAVES post!!

I don’t know that I ever love you people more than when I put on Facebook at 5:00 AM that I’m going to Trader Joe’s that morning and need some new suggestions…and by the time I get there at 8:45, there are over 100 comments telling me what to buy.  WE.ARE.SOUL.SISTERS.

This is my THIRD post about what we love to buy at Trader Joe’s.  You seriously have to read the other two if you haven’t because I still stand by everything in them {PART ONE and PART TWO}.  I really try and go to TJ about once a week, but during the summer, it was harder for me to get there (because I never go that direction in our town), BUT come fall, you will find me there once a week getting anything and everything #pumpkin, so before that starts, I thought we’d do one sans the pumpkin.

Ready?

Friends, you’re all going to want to go today.

This list is KILLER!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Yes, yes and YES!  Thanks to you ladies, both of these now live at my house.  The pickles are just insane.  And those peppers? Friends, that is what you will use to make all of my “candied jalapeno” recipes!!  They would be perfect for that!  (They’re perfect for just topping anything!)  Just as a reminder, here are the recipes that you could use them in…

CANDIED JALAPENO BACON PIMENTO CHEESE DIP
JALAPENO CHEDDAR MIGAS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
CANDIED JALAPENO CHEDDAR SAUSAGE BALLS
CANDIED JALAPENO GRILLED CHEESE

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Perfect little bag of lemons

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

All of their raviolis are seasonal.  The great part about this is that you can freeze them…so if you love one that’s only out this time of year (that corn one is INSANE!), then you can freeze them and enjoy them later this fall.  Right now, they also have a lobster ravioli that looked good too!!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Friends……oh my word!  We are now hooked on these!!  First of all, they’re educational!  The other day, I spelled out Madeley’s name and then she and I practiced putting it in the right order over and over again…and then she ate them for her snack 🙂 .  Annnd I’ve been eating them too!   They taste a little bit like fall to me.  I’ll have a cup of coffee and a few of these mid-afternoon.  They’re really good!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

I had already been getting the guacamole, but you guys told me to get the spicy avocado hummus too, and it’s so delish!!  It has just the right amount of kick to it!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

I’m so happy that I bought two boxes of these!  They’re the perfect savory bite for breakfast.  I really prefer something savory to sweet when I eat breakfast, so these hit the spot.  In fact, they’re probably my most favorite thing this time around (or if not, a close second!!).

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

For the perfect charcuterie board 🙂 .

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Easy lunches!  I think TJ does an exceptional job on fresh packaged food like this.  Speaking of which…

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

…I never would have bought their clam chowder without your recommendation and it’s SO GOOD!  One has two servings, so it was the perfect lunch for me.  I had it two days in a row and loved it.  When I’m at home during the day, especially during the school year, I need quick lunch ideas.  This one nailed it!  So did..

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

…this one!  I had tried (and loved) the Shrimp Bowls before, but now, thanks to you, I’ve added these other three.  On weekdays when I’m home by myself and need lunch, I can just pop these in the microwave and enjoy!

Okay, these next three pics are probably my fave…

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

You told me to try this lavender salt scrub in the tub and I LOVE IT!!  Not only does it smell nice, but I think my skin felt super soft after.  I really do think I feel a difference when I use it.  You also told me to try…

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

…this rose water toner and I love it too!  I always spray myself in the morning before putting on my moisturizer and then sometimes to refresh my makeup during the day.  Love!

And then, I started using this in May when a reader told me about it…

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

…IT SMELLS LIKE YOU’RE ON VACATION!!  I think they work too!!  I’ve been adding the hair mask to my hair before I get in the pool and/or at night before showering, and then, I’ve been using the serum like crazy.  I even use it on the girls’ hair.

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Sweet potato times two!  The gnocchi is even better than the cauliflower version they sell (because it comes with a really yummy sauce!), and then you told me to try the fries as well.  Who doesn’t love sweet potato stuff?!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

I never in a million years would have purchased this…but Sheaffer told me that it’s so much better than any other brands.  I bought two cans 🙂 .  Always believe Sheaffer when she suggests something like this 🙂 .

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

These were gone on day one.  They’re like oatmeal cream pies…but delicious lemon ones instead.

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Earl Grey is our favorite kind of tea 🙂 .

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

I made the vegetable radiatore the other day and served it over these!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Two of these with a cup of coffee right around 3:00 really perks me up 🙂 .  Now, I see why you guys kept insisting I buy them!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

It never occurred to me to buy salsa at TJ, but you ladies recommended all three and this Texas girl is so happy about it!

, Trader Joe’s Faves PART 3

Madeley has one every single day.  She would have more, but I cut her off at one.  They really do make incredible cheese!

Okay…let me have it!  What do I get now?  And then, what do I get when all of the fall food starts coming out??? PLEASE SHARE!!!  I’m so excited about pumpkin season!!!

Don’t forget, you need to check out PART ONE and PART TWO as well because I still love everything in those posts too!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 7, 2019 at 4:54 am

Wish we had Trader Joes here in Hong Kong! You guys are so lucky – so many fun and healthy snacks! 💕✨

• Reply Erin August 7, 2019 at 5:11 am

It all looks so delicious! Definitely want to try the ravioli and the lemon sandwich cookies.

• Reply Katherine Zenus August 7, 2019 at 5:18 am

Dark chocolate sea salt & turbinado almonds. You’re welcome. 😉

Check out my new handle Instagram that highlights the best things from Trader Joe’s – @traderjoes_a_to_z

Love your blog!!!

• Reply Jenn August 7, 2019 at 8:31 am

The dark chocolate sea salt almonds for sure, I don’t even like almonds but good golly those are good!

• Reply Libby August 7, 2019 at 10:31 am

You must try their baked churro bites! Best thing in the entire store!

• Reply Paige August 7, 2019 at 4:08 pm

Yes! Those are the BEST almonds!

• Reply Mara August 8, 2019 at 1:32 pm

• Reply Angelica August 7, 2019 at 5:24 am

Buy the whole store!! LOL

• Reply Emily Weisblatt August 7, 2019 at 5:28 am

Their Mochi ice cream is amazing! I love the green tea flavor

• Reply Mindy Tierney August 7, 2019 at 5:36 am

We had the spinach tortellini two nights ago for dinner. Not sure why but it had ZERO taste. We were so upset. Maybe the ravioli’s are better. My favorite thing I found is this frozen box of 3 microwave bags of jasmine rice. So good and perfect every time.

• Reply emily @ a little bit of emily August 7, 2019 at 5:43 am

When the fall items come out, I can’t recommend the pumpkin rolls enough. They are delicious!

• Reply Catherine August 7, 2019 at 5:57 am

Love TJ’s! Musts for each time I go: greeting cards, frozen quinoa, green goddess dressing, cinnamon schoolbook cookies, almonds (plain for regular snacking and rosemary for entertaining), maple ladders cereal, citrus body wash, 12 grain crackers, and beet crackers (so good!). Their jalapeño limeade mixed with tequila makes a mean margarita as well 😉

• Reply Meaghan August 7, 2019 at 5:59 am

Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt Parfait Bars (could definitely eat for breakfast!) , Chocolate Hummus (with strawberries is amazing!), Organic Spicy Taco Sauce, Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips with lime, Pancake Bread, Ginger and Turmeric Juice Shots, Spicy Jalapeño Chicken Sausage with Roasted Potatoes.

I could go on.

• Reply Sarah G. August 7, 2019 at 6:04 am

Hi Shay, Thanks for sharing!
    I know 4 kids can keep you busy busy busy! But how come you always buy pre-made meals? I know you do a lot of slow cooker/crock pot meals, but do you ever actually cook a meal from scratch and cook in oven/broiler/etc. Those are the recipes I’d be interested in. Healthy and fresh!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 8:02 am

Have you checked out my blog? I have over 2500 homemade recipes 😉 .

• Reply alice August 7, 2019 at 9:14 am

LOL! Ya Shay, please just share healthy and fresh ideas 😛 *sarcasm*

• Reply Tammy August 7, 2019 at 9:09 am

When the kids are back in school, I’d be interested in a post showing all the dinners you made in one week and any changes you had to make because of different tastes. Instead of a day in the life, a week in the life of real dinners. For example, it doesn’t seem like Andrew eats the same dinners??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 9:19 am

I post a “meal planning Monday” every Monday with five suppers that are seasonal, yet vary! Andrew eats every single dinner I make. Of course he does! It’s silly to think he wouldn’t!

• Reply Tammy August 7, 2019 at 9:39 am

I guess I’m confused on the meal planning Monday posts. I thought that was to give people ideas, not necessarily what you’re making for dinner that week because you sometimes post on IG or in a day in the life post and dinner doesn’t match up to the meal planning posts. Also, there was a photo of you and Andrew eating plain grilled chicken for dinner not too long ago separate from the kids. What adjustments do you make to your recipes since they only serve 4? Do you double them? Andrew seems to eat a lot of food. Thanks!

• Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 9:52 am

Well, I can’t show you guys what we’re eating for the week on Monday if I haven’t made the rest of the food for the week. Make sense? What we eat very much mirrors it though! I typically make 3 new recipes and 2 old recipes a week (or reverse). It’s always a variety just like my MPM (pasta, Mexican, slow cooker, etc). I used to make recipes that served four (because my littles don’t eat that much), but now, I can double it and my bigs can eat the leftovers for school lunches. Andrew eats what we’re eating. The only difference is that he might not garnish as liberally as I do (like on a soup or chili, he might omit the sour cream and/or all the cheese…I want #allthetoppings). I don’t know what pic you’re referring to, but we rarely eat grilled chicken for dinner because I don’t like grilled chicken (i’ve said that on here many times before!). He does eat grilled chicken twice a day for his lunches (yes, TWO!). He eats lunch at 11 and then at 2 every day…and it’s always grilled chicken and a veggie. You’re probably recalling that. Hope that answers your questions! Happy Hump Day!

• Elizabeth August 7, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Now I guess I’m super confused when reading through your readers suggestions for other TJs goodies. I feel like you recommended a mango sauce on your last TJ post that you like on grilled chicken (I bought it off your recommendation and loved it! I fact, I need to buy it again!) but now you don’t like grilled chicken? This is confusing. Lol!

• Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 8:27 pm

I did recommend it! I always post grilled chicken recipes with some sort of sauce or salsa on top. After my pregnancy with Smith, I can’t really stomach just grilled chicken any more.

• Reply Sarah August 7, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Given what Andrew posted during his day in the life post about his meals and what you have shared in the past about his eating (it’s typically quite health conscious) it’s not silly, as you said, to think that he might eat something different.

• Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 8:23 pm

It’s silly to think I would make multiple meals or that we wouldn’t all eat the same thing for dinner.

• cathy edwards August 8, 2019 at 10:54 pm

Seriously why is it so important to know every little thing they eat? Geese peeps get a life!

• Reply Deena August 8, 2019 at 9:21 am

We love buying a bag of Trader Joe’s frozen fried rice and a bag of the frozen orange chicken! Such a delicious quick meal!! Try it. 😋

• Reply Kasie Miller August 7, 2019 at 6:13 am

Feverishly writing all of these down for the next time I’m at at Trader Joe’s! And also kicking myself for forgetting the Chili Lime Seasoning the last time I was there (it’s insanely good on watermelon!)

• Reply Johannah August 7, 2019 at 6:20 am

Lots of good finds!! Have you tried their lobster ravioli? I’m not sure if they always have it or not, but it’s so good! And me being from New England, I highly recommend it!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims August 7, 2019 at 6:29 am

I added several things to my list! And I don’t remember you picking up the Creamy Corn and Roasted Pepper Soup, but you will love it. I sprinkle a little of their taco seasoning in it, stir it up, and it’s a super healthy little lunch. It’s one of their boxed soups, and it’s just to the right of the most amazing canned corn on the planet. Oh, and I expect a text after you try the corn.

• Reply Meredith August 11, 2019 at 8:13 pm

That soup is my tax-free I usually add fire rosted tomato, corn and black beans with taco seasoning- so so good

• Reply Krista huckabee August 7, 2019 at 6:34 am

You must by the carmelized onion white cheddar cheese. Game. Changer. I serve it when we have people over and it’s gone in the first 20 minutes.

• Reply Tricia August 7, 2019 at 8:57 am

This cheese is my downfall (along with the truffle one). I literally do not buy it unless we have company because I will eat the whole thing! It’s AMAZING.

• Reply Joy August 7, 2019 at 9:15 am

Hi Shay, I bought their butternut squash ravioli and totally stumped on what to do with them. My husband “needs” protein with his pasta.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 9:18 am

I’m thinking some sort of sausage would pair perfectly! I love sausage with squash. A sweet or spicy Italian sausage browned up with tomato sauce and spices (or use a marinara sauce to make things easy) on top!

• Reply Kim August 7, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Thank you for your service!

• Reply Kim August 8, 2019 at 9:58 am

Oops wrong spot! Lol

• Reply Ellen August 8, 2019 at 10:48 am

Yep, that is soooo good!

I also like the idea above about the corn and pepper soup. I find that a lot of their soups are great for a base … they just need a *little* something to perk them up.

• Reply Annie August 7, 2019 at 6:39 am

Unsure if you have tried the BBQ Rub with Coffee and Garlic. I spice up chicken and throw them in the air fryer. I have guests asking for the recipe!

• Reply Melissa Terry August 7, 2019 at 7:24 am

Besides your book lists and adoption updates, these TJ posts of yours are my favorites! I always get my list out and write down recommendations! Fall is TJ’s time to shine…pumpkin butter, bread mix, jo-jos, oh my…all so good! I can’t wait either!!

• Reply Deb August 8, 2019 at 7:29 am

I especially love the book reviews and I’ve recommended to friends to follow you for that reason!

• Reply Amy S August 7, 2019 at 7:28 am

Fall necessities….pumpkin pancake mix and the pumpkin sweet rolls in the refrigerated section! Stock up on those rolls, they will be gone when you go back for more!

• Reply Sandra Olden August 7, 2019 at 7:43 am

TJ’s butter is the best. Only brand I buy now. I like their chicken fried rice too. Their big bags of movie popcorn is good. I also love their Toscano Peppered cheese, I just cut me off a piece and eat it as a snack. Nutty buttery flavored.

• Reply Jaimie Leonard August 7, 2019 at 7:46 am

Their pita crackers are amazing for a charcuterie board. They have both a regular and multigrain version. Both great, but I’m partial to the regular. They’re lighter than a pita chip. My absolute fave thing to buy there!

• Reply Heather August 7, 2019 at 8:02 am

I love the pumpkin bread mix. I used to make homemade and then tried this and it SO good and SO much easier. Also, the pumpkin body butter. YOU.WILL.LOVE.IT!

• Reply Nikki J August 7, 2019 at 8:08 am

The frozen chicken burrito bowl with a bit of the guacamole on top is one of my favorite lunches! My teenager is slightly obsessed with the lobster ravioli…I’m not sure what he will do when we move him into his dorm at UNT next weekend and doesn’t have it any longer, and he’s 12 hours away from mom to make it for him. LOL!

• Reply Kerri August 7, 2019 at 8:18 am

OK, so Trader Joes is literally 5 min’s from me and I pass it daily. I have been going twice a week. Between there and Whole Foods, it’s basically where I shop. Some other recommendations: The High Protein Veggie Burgers (sold 2 in a box) this was a recommendeation I saw on Andreas Blog, we love them! I just bought their carved Turkey it’s in the open cold section near the cheeses, I buy the grilled chicken too. But the carved TURKEY, OMG, it’s like Thanksgiving…and it’s perfect for sandwiches! Also, the regular hand cut fries are the only ones my daughter likes, she actually doesn’t like them…she LOVES them. Avocado’s, because we go through so many…I have been shopping here for years and I feel like every time I go, I still find something new and amazing! Also, non-food, love their hand soap for my kitchen. I buy the Kitchen Lemon one and it’s big and a great price! I am sure I am forgetting so many things! Oh yes, I only buy my pasta there. I mean it’s like 99 cents a bag! And it’s yummy.

• Reply Rachel L August 7, 2019 at 8:24 am

The Gorgonzola crackers are fantastic, I have to buy at least two boxes at a time – kind of like a grown up tasting cheez-it. For fall, I LOVE the pumpkin jo-jos and the pumpkin bread mix (both regular and gluten free) are great! There was also a harvest salsa for fall that is really really good!

• Reply RACHEL August 7, 2019 at 8:24 am

I LOVE TJ posts so THANK U!!!!!! Can’t wait to read all the fall recs!

• Reply Sydney August 7, 2019 at 8:26 am

Any flavor of their cookie butter is a great sweet treat. You can eat it with graham crackers or just straight out of the jar 🙂

• Reply Kelly August 7, 2019 at 8:29 am

The chicken ravioli was a sample item one day this summer, with their creamy jalapeno sauce mixed with a 50/50 ratio of sour cream. Ohmygosh! For those crazy evenings when you need a ten minute meal- out fo this world fabulous!!
    Love your TJ lists and always find myself in the parking lot googling to find them on your blog before I go in (ours is an hour away!).

• Reply Brooke August 7, 2019 at 8:31 am

I’m so jealous. We have no Trader Joe’s in my town. I want to try all the things.

• Reply Lori August 7, 2019 at 8:37 am

Can you elaborate on the expense of Trader Joe’s vs. a regular grocery store?? Do you find yourself spending more per groceries a month? Do you not do grocery pick-up anymore? My grocery recently got it and it is a life.changer! 🙂 Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 7, 2019 at 9:01 am

I still do grocery pick up every week! That’s great for staples that TJ doesn’t carry (or I don’t buy from there) like garbage bags, paper towels, milk, cereal, eggs, etc. My grocery store is right around the corner, so it’s super easy to grab that weekly.

• Reply Ellen August 8, 2019 at 10:50 am

Butting in … I find it much, MUCH cheaper … but the downside is that I can’t get everything there. I usually go about once a month and stock up on the things that my family loves the most. But I still have to hit the big grocery store to fill in things like lunch meat, cleaning supplies, a couple of brand-name cereals, etc.

• Reply LisaD August 7, 2019 at 8:38 am

I love buying flowers at Trader’s!

• Reply Sara August 7, 2019 at 8:44 am

That package of cream pies has me drooling. It’s like a combo of my two food loves! LOL!

• Reply Julie Goolsby August 8, 2019 at 1:54 am

Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning is the bomb!! We love it on corn on the cob!

• Reply Anna August 7, 2019 at 8:48 am

This makes me miss being stateside so much #militarylife

• Reply Kim August 7, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Thank you for your service!

• Reply Jillian Pattison August 7, 2019 at 8:57 am

Roasted red pepper and tomato soup, the frozen Naan, frozen tikka masala and butter chicken, orange chicken, frozen Mexican street corn, peaches & cream and mango & cream yogurts, honey hedgehog cookies, avocado tzatziki dip, chili lime chicken burgers, any of the Italian chicken sausages, coffee bean blast ice cream, peanut butter pea protein granola, refrigerated cinnamon rolls, potstickers, tortilla chips with hint of lime…just a few of our favorites 😊

• Reply Sarah August 7, 2019 at 8:58 am

Manchego and iberico cheese are pretty good, and you must try their almond butter cups!! Like peanut butter cups but with their almond butter. Yum!

• Reply Amy T August 7, 2019 at 8:58 am

You must try the Carmelized Onion Dip with TJ’s Patio Potato Chips (a blend of BBQ, Salt & Vinegar, and Dill chips)! I don’t usually dig chips and dips but holy moly, it’s crazy good.

• Reply ERIKA MILLS August 7, 2019 at 9:06 am

Oh gosh you’re still missing out! Garlic dip (as dip, on chicken, quick toss in pasta!), their fresh bruschetta (again easy tossed over shredded chicken and pasta or dip with crackers!), honey goat cheese, mango & ginger crackers (they really have the best crackers!) and dried bananas!

• Reply Laci August 7, 2019 at 9:10 am

TJ’s has my heart forever!

• Reply Amanda August 7, 2019 at 10:10 am

The candy cane jojos around Christmas are amazing. Peppermint Oreos basically, their lemon curd is sooo good!! Just drop a spoon in some plain yogurt and it’s like dessert . I love the Teas but especially the Irish breakfast tea. They also have amazing gluten free bagels. I’m in Canada so I don’t get to TJs much but whenever I do I buy a lot. In fact, I’m border crossing this weekend to get my fix!

• Reply Jen August 7, 2019 at 9:14 am

Their brown rice penne pasta is so good and I love that it’s a healthier way to eat pasta! Their pancake bread & cream cheese brioche are also good. We also love their applesauce pouches, olive oil popcorn, cinnamon oatmeal, yogurt, peanut butter pretzels for the kids. And cookie butter with an apple…delicious!!

• Reply Kary August 7, 2019 at 9:15 am

I stock up their Portobello Mushroom soup every fall! It lasts me until maybe July. 🤗

• Reply WhittyWife August 7, 2019 at 9:17 am

Yay!!! I ADORE your TJs posts!! My closest store is about 2 hours away (we only have one here in Maine!), so my hubby and I go overy 2-3 months to stock up (and by stocking up, I mean multiple overflowing carts, 4 coolers, and a packed-full SUV. Ha!). Anyway, you need to try the carmelized onion cheese. Hands down, my favorite ever. I buy all of my canned tomatoes, beans, and pasta sauces there. When I’m busy and not making my own, their pasta sauces are delicious! And the Barolo sauce… oh my! We serve it over ravioli (adding ground beef to the sauce is also yummy!). Their frozen organic broccoli tastes like fresh. I always stock up on their frozen, cooked quinoa, brown rice, and jasmine rice – total game changer. And honestly, I love the flavor/texture of them better than making fresh (and you don’t have to worry about rinsing the quinoa, etc.). Do your kids like pop tarts? Their organic variety is SO good (still sugar, and it’s a treat and not a breakfast staple, but less ingredients and not full of HFCS). Their fresh, marinated meats are delicious – we love Shawarma chicken, pollo asada, carne asada, rosemary steak tips. The cooked rosemary and balsamic chicken (over by the pepperoni and bacon) is amazing (the lemon pepper variety is good too)! You just need to quickly reheat it – I add it to salads, soups, and pastas. It super flavorful and also freezes and thaws beautifully. The sundried tomato ground chicken sausage (it comes in links) is amazing – and this is coming from a girl who typically doesn’t love ground sausage. The BBQ chicken and the smoked brisket (both cooked and ready to reheat) are so good on pretzel rolls or their little slider rolls with cheese. The boxed falafel mix with their two tzatziki sauces are so good (I bake the falafel). Cobblers with their jarred cherries topped with their vanilla cake mix (and a stick of melted butter) is so, so good and an easy summer dessert. Pretty much all of their frozen Asian foods are great for an on-the-go, quick dinner. The little vanilla sheet cakes and the much-raved about pancake bread are delicious. The seltzers are better than any other brand we’ve tried (and we’re seltzer fanatics over here). Oh, and their frozen mashed potatoes with a little bit of the garlic and herb butter are SO good (that butter is amazing).

Okay, I need to stop… or this post alone will be long enough to count as one of your monthly books. Haha. 😆

• Reply Michele August 7, 2019 at 9:31 am

Pumpkin bread mix, add mini chocolate chips!

• Reply Karen Ward August 7, 2019 at 9:32 am

I wish we had a TJ’s where I live?? Come on Trader Joe’s! Come to Chattanooga…PLEASE!!

• Reply Katy August 7, 2019 at 9:42 am

Large soft pretzels! Found in the frozen appetizer area. My husband LOVES them! They come with large grain salt if you want them salted…and little bit of spicy mustard and YUMMM!! They’re honestly just as good as any ballpark pretzel

• Reply Stacey Helton August 7, 2019 at 9:43 am

Peanut Butter Organic Dog Treats – my dogs love them!!!

• Reply Laura Lee August 7, 2019 at 9:48 am

I second the green tea mochi ice cream someone mentioned above! TJ’s garlic naan is also amazing! Find it in the freezer section – perfect for toasting up and eating with curry or slathering some butter on it for makeshift garlic bread in a pinch. I’ve also eaten avocado toast on it when I’ve run out of bread and it’s SO GOOD.
    Cinnamon raisin bread loafs are delicious. There are new soft baked peanut butter cookies out now as well.

• Reply Meghan August 7, 2019 at 9:50 am

Non grocery items: greeting cards, flowers, hand soap (lavender & chamomile!) and seasonal tin candles

My three biggest weaknesses there are: caramelized onion and ham tart (pizza), Mini ice cream cones and the more recently discovered Brookie (brownie/cookie bar).

• Reply Carol August 7, 2019 at 10:02 am

Thanks! Always love your Trader Joe’s post. I shop there once a month (being it is a 40 minute drive where I live) and buy alot of the things you posted but also got so many ideas for more things to try from other readers. The creamy corn and roasted pepper soup is delicious, a must try if you haven’t. As far as recommendations for what to try during pumpkin season — Everything! I have not been disappointed in anything pumpkin and I have tried most if not all of what they sell during the season. The pumpkin pop tarts are great and so is the pumpkin butter. Oh, and the Apple Cider. It is the best!

• Reply Laurie August 7, 2019 at 10:03 am

My must haves:

Patio Potato Chips-they are the bomb!! If you like a variety of potato chips in one bag. Always buy 2 bags!!

Orange chicken

Strawberry Greek Yogurt Parfait Bars-delish!!! Always buy 2 boxes!!!

• Reply Kelly Connolly August 7, 2019 at 10:16 am

I LOVE Trader Joe’s fall stuff so much! Here are my favorite must haves. Their pumpkin pancake and waffle mix, pumpkin bread mix, pumpkin and ginger mini ice cream cones, pumpkin butter, pecan pumpkin instant oatmeal, pumpkin cranberry crisps, pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin biscotti just to name a few

• Reply Laci August 7, 2019 at 10:20 am

I love their blue cheese and pecan dip. I buy it with the small round rice crackers and the combination is amazing! I have recommended it to friends and they still say it’s their favorite thing from Trader Joe’s. 😊

• Reply Kat August 7, 2019 at 10:25 am

Next time try the Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies but be prepared to become addicted!

• Reply Anna August 7, 2019 at 10:27 am

Enjoy these posts & the comments so much! I would add: Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen, box of 4) – I throw them on the grill when I’m making dinner and put them in the fridge for a quick lunch during the week, I like them reheated with some guac and tomatoes but you could also do them as a sandwich or chopped on top of salad – no junk in them, all real ingredients. To the Power of Seven Green Organic Juice Blend – in the aisle with the waters & juices (not in the refrigerator) – my fav green juice, drink it every day. Cinnamon Croissant Loaf – with the breads – I’m happy to wake up in the morning because I get to eat this – toasted with butter – bliss.

• Reply Laura Solari August 7, 2019 at 10:51 am

The pepita salsa is my very favorite!

• Reply paige r August 7, 2019 at 10:52 am

Ok… kind of like Shaeffer saying the canned corn is better than all others (who knew??) – their organic sour cream trumps Daisy sour cream!! Like you’ll start buying 3 at a time to make your dips, etc!! It’s just creamier and better?? I make my onion dip and ranch dips with it!!! Must try! It’s the red and black container one.

• Reply Katie August 7, 2019 at 10:54 am

They have gluten free ketchup flavored snack sticks right now. Healthy with a little kick to it!

• Reply katarina August 7, 2019 at 10:57 am

You NEED to try the Elote flavored Corn Chip Dippers!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Louise August 7, 2019 at 11:04 am

Dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They will ruin you for any other peanut butter cup. Seriously, they’re out of this world.

• Reply Emily August 7, 2019 at 11:06 am

The frozen chocolate covered bananas – perfect sweet bite after supper! and the chocolate covered coconut almonds!!

• Reply Tanya August 7, 2019 at 11:06 am

Thank you Soul Sisters! Sharing so much goodness made my so-so day into a GREAT day.

• Reply Lauren Chudzik August 7, 2019 at 11:20 am

During the fall they have these maple leaf sandwich cookies that are amazing. They last like 5 minutes in our house! I also like their pumpkin bread box mix if you don’t have time to make it from scratch. Oh – and their pumpkin ice cream…yum!

• Reply Linda Filtzkowski August 7, 2019 at 11:32 am

I wish we had a Trader Joes!!! Our best option is Aldi and I do find some awesome things there too but I think your Trader Joes looks much much better!! Ha!

• Reply Britt August 7, 2019 at 11:40 am

I love the hair mask and serum! I’ve actually been using the hair mask as a conditioner after I shampoo- it makes my hair silky-smooth and shiny. I’m studying abroad in Europe next year… considering buying like 10 of these guys and bringing them with me! Love!

• Reply Bree August 7, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Love love your suggestions. I live in NYC and TJ’z is the closest (and cheapest) grocery store to me. I love reading what you buy and then using that to mirror some of your recipes as TJ’s unfortunately doesn’t always have all the ingredients available all the time. I probably make 2-3 of your recipes a week!

• Reply Jen August 7, 2019 at 12:30 pm

My favorite TJ items? The frozen garlic and ginger cubes. So easy to use in recipes!

• Reply Rachel Tran August 7, 2019 at 12:39 pm

The pineapple salsa over tilapia is a quick an easy dinner for us!

• Reply Mary August 7, 2019 at 12:40 pm

I just made a giant back to school shopping list for Aldi (so much closer and convenient for us), but it doesn’t replace TJ for me! Might have to take my list there instead and make the trek! I love the dark chocolate almond butter cups. And my kids loved the mini frozen party meatballs. Could be a Good lunch in the thermos!

• Reply Amy H. August 7, 2019 at 12:51 pm

I think it’s seasonal, but I LOVE the cucumber avocado body butter. The sharp cheddar sourdough cheese twists (usually with the crackers), the bruschetta sauce, frozen chocolate covered banana slices and strawberries, frozen brown rice (great for making a rice bowl for quick lunches), milk chocolate honey toffee pecans, green goddess salad dressing, vegetable fried rice, and banana chocolate chip muffins are just a few of my favorite food items.

• Reply Tina August 7, 2019 at 1:11 pm

I love the cornbread mix and the Salsa Verde salsa. Throw chicken thighs (I don’t like breasts, but you could do those) in the slow cooker with a whole jar of the Salsa Verde and my kids and husband LOVE Sala Verde Chicken tacos three to four hours on low later! So easy. BUT, we’re really trying to cut down on plastic consumption and unfortunately almost everything at Trader Joe’s is in plastic, so not shopping there much right now.

• Reply Mary August 7, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Thank you, Shay! Adding all your good picks to my list! We always have the dark chocolate and sea salt covered almonds in our pantry. In the fall we love the honey crisp apple cider. And my absolute favorite fall dinner is a bag of TJ’s spinach salad with cranberries, walnuts and blue cheese next to your pumpkin sausage pasta and your pumpkin spice latte bundt cake for dessert. YUM!…Can I just go ahead and make that in August?! 😘

• Reply Sarah August 7, 2019 at 3:39 pm

My boys start pre-school in 2 weeks and I Am going to make the 30 minute drive to go to a Trader Joe’s! So excited!!!! Am I the only one who noticed your countertops are different? Did you re-do your kitchen counters or am I crazy?

• Reply Karen B August 7, 2019 at 3:49 pm

Would love to know what section of store each item is found. I always have trouble locating recommended items.
    Thanks!!!!

• Reply Lynne August 7, 2019 at 4:36 pm

I picked up their “Pepita Salsa” on a whim last week and now I can’t put it down. “A bright and balanced salsa with tomatoes, chopped pepitas and spices – pairs well with just about anything, from tacos to grain bowls.” Um, yep. I put even put it on my salad yesterday…

• Reply Kate August 7, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Their butter is the best, and reasonably priced. They also have a fantastic chicken and apple sausage that is savory and just a little bit sweet. Of course in the fall their pumpkin pancake mix is a a staple. 😁. I’ve also just discovered their lightly salted almonds—even the kiddos love them!

• Reply Lisa August 7, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Have you tried the Brookies? (Chocolate chip cookie on the top and brownie on the bottom.) 😍With your love of brownies these are a must!

• Reply Jen August 7, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Toasted coconut pancake mix, frozen gluten & dairy free pancakes (just put in your toaster for 5-7 min), grapefruit candles, maple syrup, vanilla, vanilla beans, frozen or fresh edamame, ice cream sandwiches, fruit & cream popsicles, vanilla bean yogurt, light string cheese. All of these the TJs brand.

• Reply Kim August 7, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Dark chocolate peanut butter cups and cookie butter ice cream! Yum!! Also, you got me hooked Shay on the spicy pork ready to eat burritos. I can walk to TJ’s from my house which is a good thing considering my faves are sweets!

• Reply Bethany Skobel August 7, 2019 at 6:51 pm

I love these posts!! I have tried so many great things thanks to your recommendations!! Have you tried the dark chocolate espresso beans? I think you would like those too 😊 thanks for always sharing your wonderful ideas!!

• Reply Kacy M August 7, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I LOVE trader joe salsa!!!

• Reply Mary Dollar August 7, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Trader Joes has something called creamed honey. It’s in a container like butter. It’s magnificent on toast!!!

• Reply Erin August 7, 2019 at 7:43 pm

If you like Earl Grey tea, they have a new one that includes Lemongrass. A new must have for me is their roasted corn with cotija cheese (in the freezer section). I also always buy their greeting cards (.99!!) and sunflower butter cups.

• Reply Deannab1 August 7, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Tastiest and easiest appetizer:

I container of bruschetta sauce (located with the refrigerated dips)
    1 can of artichoke hearts in water chopped up and mixed in with the bruschetta dips.
    1 baguette heated.

It’s so delicious!

• Reply Beth August 7, 2019 at 10:30 pm

They have already been mentioned, but the pumpkin pancake mix (seasonal) is AMAZING! Also, the brookies (half brownie, half chocolate chip cookie) are addictive! They are usually on the little dessert table, in a small, plastic carton. I think your blog is lovely and the people commenting, who are concerned about what you and/or your husband are eating, and when, are NOT NORMAL!!!

• Reply Narci August 8, 2019 at 6:39 am

I always forget about Trader Joe’s! This all looks so good! Yum!

• Reply Rachel August 8, 2019 at 7:38 am

I think they now sell it year-round but their cornbread mix is so good and EASY. Make it with some chili and you’ve got a meal.

If you like Indian food, I love theirs. The carrot miso dressing (right next to the green goddess in the refrigerated section) is delicious. I buy their rainbow carrots and roast them with avocado oil, honey, and thyme.

• Reply janet teeter August 8, 2019 at 11:28 am

every Friday our nursing unit has a “Trader Joe’s” snack potluck. That corn salsa does not last long😉

• Reply Missy August 8, 2019 at 2:04 pm

I just discovered their cashew fiesta dip after removing dairy from my diet and it is AMAZING. You don’t have to be vegan or dairy free to enjoy it. It’s like practically guilt free queso! Who doesn’t want guilt free queso?!?!

• Reply Kelsee August 8, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Yes! I love the corn and chile salsa. I throw it in with ground beef to make tacos! I also love the sweet corn ravioli. SO good!

• Reply Jess August 8, 2019 at 2:32 pm

Love trader joes but only get to go a few times a year when I’m home in the states! The cauliflower and kale/broccoli pizza crusts are good and easy for quick dinners, maple ladders cereal, brown rice/quinoa pasta, their version of fritos & street corn flavored fritos too, rosemary almonds, red refresh/hibiscus tea, white cheddar w/ hints of parmesan cheese, and the new bloody mary salsa is different, in a good way (good double dipping with guacamole too)

• Reply KELLY M HEARD August 8, 2019 at 2:54 pm

I love the cans of toffee they have around Christmas time. So good!

• Reply Marianne August 8, 2019 at 4:02 pm

While I enjoy many things from Trader Joe’s, my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is their Brownie Crisp Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches! If you like brownies and you like coffee ice cream, you will think you died and went to heaven. There’s only 4 in a box and they are a little on the small side but they are a perfect dessert or snack in the evening. I buy 4 or 5 boxes every time I make a trip to TJ’s. You will NOT be disappointed!!!

• Reply Katie S. August 8, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Literally salivating looking at those hot & spicy dill pickles! Your TJ posts always make me wish I didn’t live 3 hours away from the nearest location!

• Reply Debbie August 8, 2019 at 11:36 pm

Their vanilla ice cream is the best of the best! Also the mini drumsticks which come in vanilla and chocolate! Your kids will LOVE them! 🍦🍨

• Reply Michelle August 9, 2019 at 8:13 am

Add one package of cream cheese and a cup of sour cream to the corn salsa and oh my is it the best dip ever!

• Reply Mary August 11, 2019 at 8:49 am

My FAV TJ seasoning is Everything Seasoning (not the bagel one). It makes burgers amazing! I just mix it in the hamburger before grilling. It is also great on seasoned potatoes-slice potatoes, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on Everything seasoning, and grill or bake. I also really like it on vegetables-asparagus-YUM!

• Reply Kate August 11, 2019 at 9:01 am

You have to try the hydrating face mask! It’s only $1.99 and it’s great!! Now I always throw a few in my basket every time. So cheap and good for gifting!

• Reply Kathy August 11, 2019 at 11:37 am

The raviolis seems to be dry without sauce . Do you put sauce over the raviolis? If so what sauce do you use?.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 12, 2019 at 4:56 am

Totally! The other night, we had it with their turkey meatballs and garlic marinara!