Madeley Post Adoption: Month 21

Twenty one months ago today, we met our sweet Madeley James.

It’s crazy to think that the next adoption update I do on this girl will be her TWO YEAR GOTCHA DAY!

You know what else is crazy?  That this girl right here…

…who was so unsure of us and this new life she had (this pic was the week after we came home) has blossomed into this girl…

…the absolute light of our lives.  Sweet Madeley is the HAM of the family.  She is spoiled rotten by all five of us and SOAKS IT UP.

This girl is blossoming in so many departments.  Look how much she’s grown from the first day of school to the last!!  She’s getting taller by the minute (even though she’s still so small for her age) and growing physically, her vocab is getting bigger, her sentences are getting longer and more complex…everything about her screams big kid now.

My biggest fear when adopting Ashby was that I was going to do something that would screw up the happiness my other two kids felt at home.  And then my biggest fear getting Madeley was that I was going to do something that would screw up the happiness my other THREE kids had at home.  And you know what?  God not only didn’t allow that to happen, but he made my kids’ happiness SO MUCH BIGGER!  These girls have MADE US A FAMILY.  We thought we were a family before, but now, we cannot imagine life without them.

Right now, Madeley is still obsessed with all things Peppa Pig.  She loves to play with baby dolls, she loves to color, blow bubbles, draw with sidewalk chalk, ride her tricycle, swim and do anything that involves her big siblings.

Madeley is just super content and easy to please.  As long as you don’t take her applesauce away from her, she never complains or cries.  (But seriously, cut her off from applesauce for the rest of the day and she loses her mind. I’m pretty sure she would prefer an IV drip of it if we could figure out how.)

Oh Madeley, we just love you!  After learning her genetic results a few months ago, we’ve been talking so much about not only China around her, but Laos too.  It’s just amazing how we all became a family.  When I look at her, I can’t imagine not being her mama.  She was made to be mine.

Want to see Ashby on her 21 Month Adoption Update

…how sweet is this pic?!  You can read that update HERE (from October 2016).

Friends, ADOPTION CHANGES EVERYTHING.  It really does.  It makes families, it brings love, it is filled with joy, it saves lives…it is the most amazing thing I’ve ever done.  If you are considering it, I beg you to really pray about moving forward.  Your sweet kiddo might be out there just waiting for you to take the first step.  xo

To see some other post adoption posts, just look below…

Madeley Post Adoption: Month 18

Madeley Post Adoption: Month 4

Madeley Post Adoption: Month 3

Madeley Post Adoption: Month 2

Madeley Post Adoption: Month 1

Meeting Madeley for the first time: HERE

All of our China travel posts: HERE

To see more about our journey to adopt Ashby, see below:

Ashby Post Adoption: 3 Years

Post Adoption: Month 1

Meeting Ashby for the first time: HERE

All of our China travel posts: HERE

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog June 11, 2018 at 4:41 am

It’s amazing how mch Madeley has grown! She’s truly blossomed! ❤️✨

• Reply Elizabeth June 11, 2018 at 5:11 am

How are Violet and Megan and the rest of their family? They have been on my mind since your post last week.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 11, 2018 at 5:28 am

There still isn’t an outcome. Please just pray for everyone involved, and that God’s will be done (whatever that is).

• Reply Hanna June 11, 2018 at 6:22 am

Continuing to pray for them!!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams June 11, 2018 at 5:24 am

You can always see so much joy in every picture you post of Madeley! It’s been so sweet to follow her’s and Ashby’s updates!

• Reply kathy June 11, 2018 at 7:12 am

I agree! She is full of joy:) I love these updates, too.

• Reply Elspeth Mizner June 11, 2018 at 5:45 am

Love these updates!!! Madeley has gotten so big-her personality is the cutest

• Reply Amy Heinl June 11, 2018 at 5:50 am

She has really grown so much these past months. She just radiates joy in every picture. What a Beautiful little girl

• Reply Erika Slaughter June 11, 2018 at 5:58 am

Madeley’s speech is booming!! And look how much she’s grown. I can’t even remember the days before Madeley arrived-she’s the life of the party. We love her so much!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims June 11, 2018 at 6:07 am

Applesauce. APPLESAUCE? Madeley, I share your passion for food, but I feel like you need to kick it up a notch in the obsession department. LOVE YOU, MADELEY!!!

• Reply Hannah Heglund June 11, 2018 at 6:19 am

Beautiful post! Random question about Madely’s shoes… I just bought my daughter Skechers that look similar to hers (gray with pink bow). Do your girls wear socks with those shoes? To me they seem like they would look cuter without socks, but I am worried about the stinky factor if my little girl doesn’t wear them with socks. What has been your experience?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 11, 2018 at 6:26 am

We don’t! You just throw them in the washer and let them air dry to clean. Super easy!

• Reply Tracy June 11, 2018 at 6:56 am

There’s a spray you can buy (I get it at Payless) to keep the stink away. 🙂

• Reply Lindsey June 11, 2018 at 6:28 am

Madely! I’ve been praying alongside y’all this whole journey and it literally makes me cry to see how far she has come! The huge personality on that sweet baby that the world may have never gotten to see! I’m also continuing to pray for your friend Meagan. I have friends that have fostered to adopt and I recruited their prayers as well. Please tell Meagan we are lifting her up! I

• Reply Lindsey June 11, 2018 at 6:37 am

Sorry I meant Madeley!!!

• Reply Alicia Fedell June 11, 2018 at 6:32 am

No matter how many “before and after” photos I see of your adopted kids (or anyone’s, mine included!) I cry. Every time. I know it is coming, the sad and careful first few weeks to the blossoming love of the home for whatever amount of time. The change moves me, every single time. Love can change SO much.

• Reply Tracy June 11, 2018 at 6:57 am

Love these adoption updates! She’s so precious.

Continuing to pray for your friend Megan & her family. Please update us when you can!

• Reply LeeAnn June 11, 2018 at 8:14 am

That sweet pic of her after her first week home with you, still looking a little unsure like you said, tugged at my heart. But the following pics truly demonstrate just how happy and safe she feels. Love these updates!

• Reply Amanda Wilson June 11, 2018 at 8:47 am

I love it!!!!!

• Reply Debbra Weber June 11, 2018 at 8:59 am

I love your posts! The one week picture of Madeley compared to all others–her eyes glow, sparkle and show how well adjusted and happy she is now.

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick June 11, 2018 at 9:34 am

That girl is full of JOY!! Look at that sweet face!!!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Chelsea June 11, 2018 at 9:46 am

Madeley is so precious! The applesauce obsession is real for my daughter too, she can’t get enough! 🙂

• Reply Jennifer June 11, 2018 at 10:15 am

Your family is beautiful. Adoption is amazing. My girls have been home for 13 and 11 years. I can’t even remember a single day when they weren’t here. I even have to go back and count sometimes to remember what year they joined our family.

• Reply Chelsey June 11, 2018 at 10:21 am

These adoption updates get me every time. Madeley just radiates happiness and joy, and sweet Ashby is just the bravest little girl! Thank you for sharing this journey with your readers and allowing us to follow along!

• Reply Liz Thorson June 11, 2018 at 1:04 pm

Madeley’s joy for life is positively enchanting to view via your blogs!❤️

• Reply Angela Ellingson June 11, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Love. What a joy!

• Reply Amy June 11, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Bless her little heart….her smile lights up a room!!! You’re video you shared this morning of her in the orphanage really touched my heart. Love her spirit and her love for applesauce.

• Reply Laci June 11, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Your kids just radiate joy-but that Madeley you can tell is a HAM! What precious children.

• Reply Meghan June 11, 2018 at 3:06 pm

WOW! She has grown so much since the first day of school! She is just precious 🙂

• Reply Kathy Roe June 11, 2018 at 3:14 pm

I just love your family and it is so evident how these little girls have made your family complete.

• Reply Carol Woodrow June 11, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Love you guys and that you are obedient to Gods call! What an example to all of us!

• Reply Lea Culp June 11, 2018 at 4:13 pm

This makes my heart smile really big! What a blessings these girls have been to your family and your family to them. What a blessings!

• Reply Leanne Gilchrist June 11, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Madeley makes the sun shine! She’s darling. It’s been such a fun joy to read about your journey to your daughter. I’m pretty sure that you’ve both blessed the socks off of each other, and your whole family with Madeley!! Thanks for being so open and real about it all!

• Reply heather June 11, 2018 at 7:41 pm

That smile! She is just precious!

• Reply Lora LaRosa June 11, 2018 at 7:47 pm

It truly has been like watching a flower blossom. She just radiates such happiness!!